Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Archer Builds - 10k Stars and Manyshot

Ok, so a question about monk archer builds that have 10k stars and manyshot. How do those two work together, and do they work together? I seem to remember reading some stuff on the forums about that they do, but not sure since they share the same cool down. Is it worth getting 10k stars on a ranger monk build?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

You are late for around a couple years with your question.
    So il assume a new player, welcome to ddo.
    Yes they interact with each other as you can use 10 k many then 10 k again with a slight cd timer and then repeat same sequence giving you a potential to run a bow constantly and close to always using a multishot ability.
    With high wisdom you can get quite reliable 10 k procs, 2-3 arrows average with a chance to get 4.

But with proposed changes to fury of the wild to not regen fury with bows, you wont see many full time archers in ddo in a month or 2, unless turbine decides not to publish that change which they wont do.

What i want to say, its kinda to late now to make monkchery since we well get the update in couple weeks and to build a proper monkcher requires time/gear

That's of course assuming everyone uses fury of the wild. Personally, I say experiment to your heart's content. I was just experimenting with a pure druid arcane archer build for example. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but I gave it a shot.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Yes they interact with each other as you can use 10 k many then 10 k again with a slight cd timer and then repeat same sequence giving you a potential to run a bow constantly and close to always using a multishot ability.
    With high wisdom you can get quite reliable 10 k procs, 2-3 arrows average with a chance to get 4.

But with proposed changes to fury of the wild to not regen fury with bows, you wont see many full time archers in ddo in a month or 2, unless turbine decides not to publish that change which they wont do.

What i want to say, its kinda to late now to make monkchery since we well get the update in couple weeks and to build a proper monkcher requires time/gear
    I'm confused, I was under the impression that the Devs had stated this was a bug and they were fixing in on Lammaland right now?

Also, OP clearly isn't that new, since at least one of his toons has 7 pastlives..
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

They said they fixed the critical with ranged.
    Not sure about the fury regen tho

Yeah, but I'm guessing the only reason regen was broken to begin with was bows couldn't vorpal.

If you can't vorpal you can't regen charges.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Yeah, but I'm guessing the only reason regen was broken to begin with was bows couldn't vorpal.

If you can't vorpal you can't regen charges.
    Look at it this way, they tried to change the vorpal regen and broke the crits, now they most prolly reverted back before change and will try to do it again.

From my experience with turbine, i can calmly assume that i can trash my gilvenor set when i can log back again tomorrow

Look at it this way, they tried to change the vorpal regen and broke the crits, now they most prolly reverted back before change and will try to do it again.

From my experience with turbine, i can calmly assume that i can trash my gilvenor set when i can log back again tomorrow
    Pure conjecture.

While it's very possible, I've seen so many times where they were looking at one thing and something else breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    While it's very possible, I've seen so many times where they were looking at one thing and something else breaks.
    Mushrooms are doors ^^
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Wow, rather arrogant. Thanks for that. Hardly new at all. I am just in the game for fun and would rather play a build that is fun, rather than the FoTM build or most uber build.

Thanks for the the info this is what I am looking for.

Main
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Knight View Post
    That's of course assuming everyone uses fury of the wild. Personally, I say experiment to your heart's content. I was just experimenting with a pure druid arcane archer build for example. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but I gave it a shot.
    Yea my toon is not a fury build, nor is he a monkcher. I have found after a LR that I have feats to burn. I am mainly a blitzing melee build that can switch to ranged burst damage which I don't do a lot but though I had heard something about them stacking and if that is the case might find it more useful than some of the other feat choices I have.

And no definitely not new, just in it for the fun.

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Community Member

They have fixed the critical + fury and adrenaline work with ranged again as well.
    Last edited by Rys; 05-16-2014 at 02:40 AM.

But with proposed changes to fury of the wild to not regen fury with bows,
    So a bug on test/preview server is a "proposed change" interesting choice of words, thank you Miss Information!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    So a bug on test/preview server is a "proposed change" interesting choice of words, thank you Miss Information!
    If you paid attention to the thread about balance changes, you would know that they plan to change monkchery/shiradery/recon from bl.
    When?
    Not stated.
    But knowing turbine i would not be surprised if this was a attempt to mess with code to try and make the first "change" to monkchery.

The one advantage I see in TTS over Manyshot is the cooldown. Don't they share cooldowns?

However, TTS has a 1 minute cooldown to Manyshot's 2 minute. You get effectively 45 seconds of useful 2-4 arrows chances with a zen archer Monk and high WIS. By the time that that shot round expires, you can kick TTS on again.

In short, I can use TTS every full minute; that is, I can continually use TTS over several minutes instead of waiting 1:40 seconds for Manyshot to recover. It's only limit is having enough ki to do so, but with training three passive ki regeneration abilities on a Monk, you don't have an immediate problem there.

Player calculations show you get a good payout of TTS when WIS is 42 or better, where the chance of 4 arrows increases.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    In short, I can use TTS every full minute; that is, I can continually use TTS over several minutes instead of waiting 1:40 seconds for Manyshot to recover. It's only limit is having enough ki to do so, but with training three passive ki regeneration abilities on a Monk, you don't have an immediate problem there.
    What are some of the passive ki regeneration abilities?

Main
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    I am just in the game for fun and would rather play a build that is fun, rather than the FoTM build or most uber build.
    The Monkcher is both FOTM and uber so if you were wanting a build that was not FOTM/UBER then you dont want a Monkcher
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    What are some of the passive ki regeneration abilities?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Ki#Ki_Regeneration_Effects

I see one is missing, contemplation from kensei tree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast