Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    you can do both already.

Ignore a poster :

Click on the poster name, go to View Profile. Third option down : Add to Ignore List.

Ignore Signatures : ( all the signatures )

Click on the top right on Settings

Then on the left, click on General Settings in My Settings.

In Thread Display Option
    you have a checkbox called : Show Signatures

Uncheck it, save and Voila. You have gotten rid of all the Signatures.
    I already have the most egregious abusers of sig length on ignore.

That said, I don't think other people should have to turn off all sigs just because one or two attention seekers abuse it. Those lengthy sigs are just another version of spam and Turbine should treat them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It's true that we do sometimes get PM's and reports from players who would really prefer that we set stricter limits on signature length. Historically, we've been quite generous with our signature sizes (We're more than twice as generous as the LOTRO forums, for example.) Overall, I'd much rather that folks self-regulate their overly-long signatures, rather than impose stricter signature limits, but ultimately if there are enough folks who feel strongly about it, we may well need to set stricter limits to prevent "walls of quotes" in particular. This would have the unfortunate byproduct of also limiting how many lines of text can be entered.
    Why don't Text signatures get the same vertical restriction as Picture ones?

A person can be allowed to have text and a graphic in their signature with a maximum sig height of 300 pixels, neither the text or the graphic can be over 150pixels high individually.

Most of the quote signatures here are of no value beyond trolling, people with 2+ quotes in their sig have a negative impact on my foruming experience.

Personally I feel that a signature taking up 300pixels is too long, but it's a better compromise than the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is the first I've heard of this. Any more details are useful.

Reporting the bug via the web (for instance, from the link in my signature) should work, and make sure it gets addressed even if no one ever looks at this forum thread again.

Here is a great example of why being able to squelch individual signatures, or just the graphic component of signatures would be much better than our current all or nothing solution.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I already have the most egregious abusers of sig length on ignore.

That said, I don't think other people should have to turn off all sigs just because one or two attention seekers abuse it. Those lengthy sigs are just another version of spam and Turbine should treat them as such.
    Cordovan can turn off signatures individually. Report the Sig abusers.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

You could also install adblock plus. It has the ability to block individual images such as those in signatures.

Hell such as the one in my signature, which I don't see because they are turned off for me.... heh my signature is a protest signature!

the old forums had limits that worked well enough to keep things manageable. I still wait for the day when troll and chai get into a one-liner argument. Wading through the signatures to see what the hell they would be talking about is likely an achievement somewhere.

Community Member

While those long signatures are totally stupid and useless, they also serve a good purpose... They can clearly help to spot attention seekers with which you know you can keep a useless conversations for days when you're bored.

But have to agree I've heard from other it is a nuisance for real when they browse the forum... This can easily be dealt with though.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 05-15-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Unless it is breaking a rule of some kind, +1 to the first person who makes the OP their signature.

I know somebody mentioned it already for individual images but you can hide ALL signatures too using Adblock plus. (Right click --> AdBlock --> Block an Ad on this page --> Then move the slider to cover signatures.)
    Help a student. Tell me about your guild!
    A Survey about DDO Guilds

Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    While we are at it how about people make a concerted effort to hit Reply to Thread instead of Reply with Quote. See all that **** above? That is the original post. We have all read it. (though I would swear some of you don't) I just made you read it again thinking you might need a reminder of what you are currently doing or something. There is also no need to counter a poster's every point by putting your arguments directly in the quoted body of their post. (In obnoxiously contrasting text especially) Lists are great things. They go like this:
    1. but blah blah
    2. if blah blah
    3. therefore blah blah

Notice how the OP didn't actually put a textwall of BS quotes in and just abbreviated to make a statement. He doesn't want his or anybody's eye holes light raped.
    I do both actually. Especially if I'm directly responding to someone else, I'll quote them. Maybe not the entire post, but I'll quote them. And if responding to different parts in sequence, I'll have multiple quotes in the post.

Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

make the font so small it looks like the legalease all the big comapny force on us

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi View Post
    I know somebody mentioned it already for individual images but you can hide ALL signatures too using Adblock plus. (Right click --> AdBlock --> Block an Ad on this page --> Then move the slider to cover signatures.)
    you can turn them off in settings too. didnt take long to find it. but im gona put it back on i allready miss trolls sigs

Is it really that complicated?
    There's like two people that come to my mind that have exceedingly long sigs.
    I don't want to turn sigs off in general because I often use some links that people have in there.
    I also don't want to ignore those two people.

So like cordovan said if those persons could regulate it themselves, that'd be great.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    I don't want to turn sigs off in general because I often use some links that people have in there.

So like cordovan said if those persons could regulate it themselves, that'd be great.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post

Well is obvious that it seems very complicated, at least for those people, I don't find it that hard like almost everyone around

I also don't want to turn sigs off or squelch but since some seem unable to control their will to bother others ...
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Cordovan can turn off signatures individually. Report the Sig abusers.
    Are you saying no one reported T**_***** and C*** yet? Or Cordovan found them to not be sig abusers?

Either way it seems what you suggest is not a viable solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

Pfft, haters. I like reading those mile-long sigs
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Also something should be done about people who don't put their sig in their sig space, you know, like this.

- Ykt
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    My signature quotes are art, not BS.
    Lol. You're trying to make my coffee come out my nose, aren't you.
    Gum Shoe~Drow Elf Rogue Hackin Slash~Human Fighter
    Timkin~Drow Elf Sorc Aarone Stone~Human Bard
    Tarnaa~Human Favored Soul Alcaden~Human Paladin
    Tipsee McStagger~Halfling Rogue Brawwn~Half-Orc Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Pfft, haters. I like reading those mile-long sigs
    Every.
    Bloody.
    Time.
    LoL.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Yea, so I'm thinking this is silly, just logon, turn off signatures, and be done with it. I do it for hundreds of forums that I read, should be the same. One click and done - all fixed.

Then I read the forums the next day, and sigs are back. What? OK, no big deal, logon, one click and done.

Next day, all sigs are back. OH YEA, WE CAN'T STAY LOGGED IN MORE THAN 10 MINUTES (hyperbole here).

So I'm now counting this as a minor fail for the DEV's and am asking that you do something - or let us stay logged in! Someone would have to bypass my security system, break into my house, fight with a 90 lbs black lab (well, until you gave him a treat, then he's your best friend :-) and log onto my computer to get my account info.

How about a defaulted "Logging into a public computer" vs a 30 day cookie.
    Farog on Khyber

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast