Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Petition: squelch signature

Seriously, some forum guys have charged themselves with the resposability to fill my screen with useless junk aka signature aka textwall of absurdness, there're VERY bloody flagrant cases and it seems to be a raising fashion, moar and moar of junk-quotes where someone said something about bla bla bla bla, and if guy posts 3 times in a page all you see is:

TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    AD NAUSEAM

I want my chance to squelch this obnoxious behaviour, I want to either have the chance to not see any signature or individualy squelch specialy obnoxious people who don't respect my right to read interesting posts and not their textwalls of bs quotes.

So please forum staff either give me that chance or make some serious signature guidelines because what really doesn't need a already so punished forum like this one is signature trolling, trolling in posts at least have some variety but see the same textwalls again and again and agian ... *RAGE*
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

you can do both already.

Ignore a poster :

Click on the poster name, go to View Profile. Third option down : Add to Ignore List.

Ignore Signatures : ( all the signatures )

Click on the top right on Settings

Then on the left, click on General Settings in My Settings.

In Thread Display Option
    you have a checkbox called : Show Signatures

Uncheck it, save and Voila. You have gotten rid of all the Signatures.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Lol
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    you can do both already.

Ignore a poster :

Click on the poster name, go to View Profile. Third option down : Add to Ignore List.

In Thread Display Option

+1
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

You don't get it, these people are building an orbital elevator out of awesomeness, so once it's complete everyone can see a double rainbow 24/7

P.S. Requesting a Chai comment in this thread
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

you can do both already.

Ignore a poster :

In Thread Display Option

Thank you forum master

Still I like to see signatures is just certain signatures I don't really stand to see anymore so will go for the ignore poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    You don't get it, these people are building an orbital elevator out of awesomeness, so once it's complete everyone can see a double rainbow 24/7

P.S. Requesting a Chai comment in this thread
    There is a very special place for it in my list ... sadly enough I won't see the smart-*** reply
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

I think you understand there are more important things Turbine should focus on ?

So let's say we postpone this petition to 2017 when everything else will be fixed.

Btw I'm not sure showing your squelched ppl doesn't fall under some forum laws.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I switched off signatures, because some posts are annoying me lately. Not by content, just by scrolltensity ;P.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

My signature quotes are art, not BS.

On the other hand if they allowed us gifs I would gladly be for disabling quotes in sigs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    My signature quotes are art, not BS.
    Think of it like lawn art. Sure, a stone bird feeder can be a nice piece of everyday art in your yard to make it look nice. But with each additional piece of "art" you add the slope of diminishing returns quickly curves to absurdity

That said, there are people that clearly are intending to be that person with the crazy lawn art.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Manager

It's true that we do sometimes get PM's and reports from players who would really prefer that we set stricter limits on signature length. Historically, we've been quite generous with our signature sizes (We're more than twice as generous as the LOTRO forums, for example.) Overall, I'd much rather that folks self-regulate their overly-long signatures, rather than impose stricter signature limits, but ultimately if there are enough folks who feel strongly about it, we may well need to set stricter limits to prevent "walls of quotes" in particular. This would have the unfortunate byproduct of also limiting how many lines of text can be entered.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It's true that we do sometimes get PM's and reports from players who would really prefer that we set stricter limits on signature length. Historically, we've been quite generous with our signature sizes (We're more than twice as generous as the LOTRO forums, for example.) Overall, I'd much rather that folks self-regulate their overly-long signatures, rather than impose stricter signature limits, but ultimately if there are enough folks who feel strongly about it, we may well need to set stricter limits to prevent "walls of quotes" in particular. This would have the unfortunate byproduct of also limiting how many lines of text can be entered.
    Anyway we can change the Font size?

You could put your quotes into a code block or nest each of them in one quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    You could put your quotes into a code block or nest each of them in one quote.
    Or u can memorize your quotes and put none..

oh wait.. Trolls get their memory from their nipples O.o

Community Member

Default Also...

Quote Originally Posted by alvarego View Post
    Seriously, some forum guys have charged themselves with the resposability to fill my screen with useless junk aka signature aka textwall of absurdness, there're VERY bloody flagrant cases and it seems to be a raising fashion, moar and moar of junk-quotes where someone said something about bla bla bla bla, and if guy posts 3 times in a page all you see is:

TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    TEXTWALL OF BS QUOTES
    AD NAUSEAM

I want my chance to squelch this obnoxious behaviour, I want to either have the chance to not see any signature or individualy squelch specialy obnoxious people who don't respect my right to read interesting posts and not their textwalls of bs quotes.

So please forum staff either give me that chance or make some serious signature guidelines because what really doesn't need a already so punished forum like this one is signature trolling, trolling in posts at least have some variety but see the same textwalls again and again and agian ... *RAGE*

While we are at it how about people make a concerted effort to hit Reply to Thread instead of Reply with Quote. See all that **** above? That is the original post. We have all read it. (though I would swear some of you don't) I just made you read it again thinking you might need a reminder of what you are currently doing or something. There is also no need to counter a poster's every point by putting your arguments directly in the quoted body of their post. (In obnoxiously contrasting text especially) Lists are great things. They go like this:
    1. but blah blah
    2. if blah blah
    3. therefore blah blah

Notice how the OP didn't actually put a textwall of BS quotes in and just abbreviated to make a statement. He doesn't want his or anybody's eye holes light raped.

Lovely advice, now if only someone would put a button in game "Make all pets disappear from my screen"
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar paladin - Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Tagthor, barbarian shield-tank
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Nope, the permissions for that code are turned off.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

you can do both already.

Ignore a poster :

In Thread Display Option

This used to work back when you were left logged in all the time but now that many of spend much of our time reading anonymously it is not as much use. I wouldn't mind if the default for anonymous was to suppress Signatures and if you wanted something different you had to log in to get your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    I think you understand there are more important things Turbine should focus on ?

So let's say we postpone this petition to 2017 when everything else will be fixed.

Btw I'm not sure showing your squelched ppl doesn't fall under some forum laws.
    Yes it did

Seems to be that for those matters there's always time to focus, at least for me lately ...

Sincerely with the yellow over white you have to be colorblind to get to read name *shrug* I don't really care anymore, this is starting to become very much like Guantanamo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast