Community Member

Default Quick Question: Shadow Lance

I'm leveling up an Arti in Shadowdancer right now and Google/Forum Search have failed me on this...

How exactly does Shadow Lance's blinding effect work? It says you need "Dark Shrouding" charges, but I cant seem to actually get them from Shrouding Shot. Lance doesn't show an increment, and it doesn't proc a blind effect (or a "Save" against a blind effect).

Is this an old old bug I've just come across for the first time? Is this something more specific?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm leveling up an Arti in Shadowdancer right now and Google/Forum Search have failed me on this...

How exactly does Shadow Lance's blinding effect work? It says you need "Dark Shrouding" charges, but I cant seem to actually get them from Shrouding Shot. Lance doesn't show an increment, and it doesn't proc a blind effect (or a "Save" against a blind effect).

Is this an old old bug I've just come across for the first time? Is this something more specific?
    Normally if you hit an enemy with shrouding strike/shot (melee or ranged) he will get cursed for some time. If the enemy dies in that time you get a charge.

If this does not work its clearly a bug.
    Last edited by Dunklerlindwurm; 05-15-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    Normally if you hit an enemy with shrouding strike/shot (melee or ranged) he will get cursed for some time. If the enemy dies in that time you get a charge.

If this does not work its clearly a bug.
    Yeah I watched it carefully, of course....hit them, wait for debuff to appear on their "Z" screen, and the curse icon over their head, kill them well within the 10s. No increments appear on the icon for Lance, and no blind effect when its used next.

Wasn't sure if this was a problem with Lance, a problem with Shrouding when used with Repeaters, or what....