Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Epic Three Barrel Cove Treasure

Hey Lamannians – you’ve seen a bit of the new Epic Three Barrel Cove loot in Landscape chests. With the new Lamannia prop, you’ll begin finding more in the quest end-chests. To get your feedback more directly, and save you a little trouble, here’s a complete treasure list for the update. NOTE! The release is still in development. Some of these items are expected to change, or possibly even fall off of the final release list!

As mentioned by Steelstar, all these items are ML 24; the content is ML 25.

Barnacled Buckler
    Buckler
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Heightened Awareness, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Corrosive Salt Guard, Vulnerability Guard , Purple Augment Slot (Vulnerability Guard - Chance on being damaged to do AOE 3 Stacks of Vulnerability)

Kobold Admiral’s Ship Wheel
    Buckler
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Dodge 6%, Axeblock VII, Hammerblock VII, Green Augment Slot (Preslotted: Balance), Colorless Augment Slot (Preslotted: Swim)

Pirate Hat
    Helm
    +8 CHA, +3 Insightful CHA, True Seeing, Heavy Fort (via blue slot augment), Colorless Augment Slot

Cannoneer’s Goggles
    Goggles
    Wizardry IX, Impulse 114, 5% SP Discount to Spells, Green Augment Slot - slotted with +8 DEX

Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers
    Clickable Item
    Animate Ally on self for two minutes, one charge per rest. (Can be used while dead). Exclusive. Runs a blade through your chest.

Iron Mitts (may rename)
    Gloves
    Strength +8, Healing Amp 30%, Vitality +40, Resistance +7, Colorless Augment Slot

Broken Music Box
    Trinket
    Blue Slot, Yellow Slot, Colorless Slot. When all slots are filled, gains Cacophonic Guard

Orcish Privateer’s Boots
    Boots
    Speed X, Feat: Freedom of Movement, Sovereign Fire Resistance, Fire Absorbtion 30%, Clear Augment Slot (Preslotted - Intimidate +15)

Mizzen-Mast Splinter
    Greatclub
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, 3[w], Fracturing, Improved Destruction, Felling the Oak, True Chaos, Taint of Chaos, Red Augment Slot

Mutineer’s Blade
    Rapier
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Dexterity +8, Ghostbane XIII*, Brilliance, Coruscating, Improved Disruption, Red Augment Slot
    *(8d4 damage)
    (Durability and hardness to be improved)

Coffin Nail
    Dart
    3.5[w], +7 Enhancement Bonus, 8% Doubleshot, Keen III, Improved Paralyzing, Improved Slowburst, Improved Vorpal, Red Slot (Note that the weapon will actually be 4[w] due to the extra 0.5 from Imp. Vorpal)

Drowned Priest’s Torch
    Scepter
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Combustion 114, Insightful Faith, Yellow Augment Slot (preslotted: Underwater Action), Red Augment Slot (preslotted: Devotion 114) (Insightful Faith: +2 Insight Bonus to turn level, +2 Insight to maximum hit dice, +4 Insight to total hit dice)
    stretch goal: insightful faith into red augment, slotted; devotion 114 as a base mutation

Devourer’s Reaping
    Sickle
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Vorpal, Doublestrike 14%, Hemorrhaging, Red Slot, Colorless Slot

Saint Mur’ay's Fire
    Rune Arm
    Electrical Storm, Max Charge Tier V, Imbue: Electric VI, Potency +76, Magnetism +114, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Greater Arcane Lore, Blue Augment Slot

Ruby of the Ocean’s Waves
    Ruby Augment
    Crushing Wave augment

Sapphire of the Ocean’s Depths
    Sapphire Augment
    Crushing Wave Guard Augment

Eternal Anthem
    Topaz Augment
    Anthem Augment

Community Member

Default Guards

You need to change the way guards works, to something like "every time you are attack there is a chance that the effect will take place", maybe double that chance if it actually hits you. But the way things are in EE, all guards are useless because a 5% ( at best) chance to trigger a guard when you are dead after 2 or 3 hits is not very useful.

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

I wont comment on the items as they're mostly suited for builds that I do not play, hence I can't say whether they're any good (except for the Iron Mitts, I really like those!)

But there is one thing I want to ask about... You say that the Cannoneer's Goggles come pre-slotted with +8 dex and the Privateer Boots come with +15 intimidate. Wouldn't that make them have a minimum level of 28, which, to me, seems a bit odd coming from a level 25 quest. I realize that one could simply to unslot it, but means people will have to spend TP/Plat/AS in order to use it before reaching cap.
    Last edited by Madja; 05-14-2014 at 05:40 PM.

This list is just....terrible.

I'm running out of energy to elaborate
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Comments in red:

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    *snip*

Barnacled Buckler
    Buckler
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Heightened Awareness, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Corrosive Salt Guard, Vulnerability Guard , Purple Augment Slot (Vulnerability Guard - Chance on being damaged to do AOE 3 Stacks of Vulnerability)

Meh - spreading vulnerability on being damaged? Don't see many scenarios where this would come in handy ... I mean the days of classic tank'n'spank tactics are long gone and for the rest of the game the main goal is still to NOT get hit ...

Buckler
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Dodge 6%, Axeblock VII, Hammerblock VII, Green Augment Slot (Preslotted: Balance), Colorless Augment Slot (Preslotted: Swim)

Also meh - Dodge 6% is nice'ish, but more sooner than later one will want to get a higher tier dodge item anyways - and DR (with the exception of Spearblock, which is not part of this item) is already pretty useless at this level - when you get hit for 50-150 damage those 14/piercing aren't as awesome as they appear at first (though better than nothing of course).

Pirate Hat
    Helm
    +8 CHA, +3 Insightful CHA, True Seeing, Heavy Fort (via blue slot augment), Colorless Augment Slot

Actually pretty nice leveling item - though especially at this level it has to compete with eh blue dragon helmet (also ml 24) - so might be worth considering adding a small extra perk - maybe upgrade to +9 CHA? That's still well below what one can get at lvl 28 (+10 cha easy to get, when very lucky even +11) - yet providing a real incentive compared to the blue helmet

Cannoneer’s Goggles
    Goggles
    Wizardry IX, Impulse 114, 5% SP Discount to Spells, Green Augment Slot - slotted with +8 DEX

I know, I know - it is not supposed to be end-game but when comparing to other items in that level range - I think at least 120 Impulse should be ok. The SP discount is tempting

Clickable Item
    Animate Ally on self for two minutes, one charge per rest. (Can be used while dead). Exclusive. Runs a blade through your chest.

Ok, THIS one is the first that I think is actually awesome! Please add some cool animation where you run around with that blade sticking out of your chest during the duration of the spell! 8D

Iron Mitts (may rename)
    Gloves
    Strength +8, Healing Amp 30%, Vitality +40, Resistance +7, Colorless Augment Slot

Any reason why healing amp is always on gloves or bracers? - At least I will probably skip it, as I prefer my Gauntlets of Immortality - and should I ever put devotion in an offhand item, that'll mean that eGloves of the Claw will go there to avoid loosing the +4 artifact bonus to damage ...

Broken Music Box
    Trinket
    Blue Slot, Yellow Slot, Colorless Slot. When all slots are filled, gains Cacophonic Guard

Sounds fun - but is actually pretty useless compared to other items at this level - Cacophonic Guard really is just some extra that can't be counted as "real" enchantment - thus its just 3 slots, whereby only one takes blue augments ... at least make the colorless slot green.

Orcish Privateer’s Boots
    Boots
    Speed X, Feat: Freedom of Movement, Sovereign Fire Resistance, Fire Absorbtion 30%, Clear Augment Slot (Preslotted - Intimidate +15)

THIS one is AWESOME - finally something to replace Kundarak Boots (and thus I can finally stop farming eVoN for seal and shard^^).

Mizzen-Mast Splinter
    Greatclub
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, 3[w], Fracturing, Improved Destruction, Felling the Oak, True Chaos, Taint of Chaos, Red Augment Slot

Yeah, finally another item with Felling the Oak! ... Oh ... just a greatclub ... *moves on*

Mutineer’s Blade
    Rapier
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Dexterity +8, Ghostbane XIII*, Brilliance, Coruscating, Improved Disruption, Red Augment Slot
    *(8d4 damage)

Interesting - At least vs. undead it looks not bad at first glance - though putting dex + 8 on a situational weapon is kinda useless, as people who rely on dex, will need to wear some other dex item anyways for when they wield their non-undead-beater weapons => replace dex+8 with something else ... maybe Greater Sunburst or something like that?

Coffin Nail
    Dart
    3.5[w], +7 Enhancement Bonus, 8% Doubleshot, Keen III, Improved Paralyzing, Improved Slowburst, Improved Vorpal, Red Slot (Note that the weapon will actually be 4[w] due to the extra 0.5 from Imp. Vorpal)

If anybody would use darts it might be interesting - but so far Swashbuckler doesn't even offer enough throwing bonuses to make it worth building a shuriken bard with only Shuriken Expertise (instead of Shuriken Expertise + Ninja Spy + 10k Stars) - so with even further -50% stacking doubleshot I highly doubt anyone will go for darts ...

Drowned Priest’s Torch
    Scepter
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Combustion 114, Insightful Faith, Yellow Augment Slot (preslotted: Underwater Action), Red Augment Slot (preslotted: Devotion 114) (Insightful Faith: +2 Insight Bonus to turn level, +2 Insight to maximum hit dice, +4 Insight to total hit dice)
    stretch goal: insightful faith into red augment, slotted; devotion 114 as a base mutation

Does anyone still play clerics specialized on turning?

Devourer’s Reaping
    Sickle
    +7 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Vorpal, Doublestrike 14%, Hemorrhaging, Red Slot, Colorless Slot

14% doublestrike DOES sound kinda interesting - still trying to figure out how to best make use of such an item.^^

Saint Mur’ay's Fire
    Rune Arm
    Electrical Storm, Max Charge Tier V, Imbue: Electric VI, Potency +76, Magnetism +114, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Greater Arcane Lore, Blue Augment Slot

Meh Crystal Cove rune arm is still better 'nough said.

Ruby Augment
    Crushing Wave augment

*___* ... gimme, gimme, gimme^^

Sapphire Augment

Once again - noone want to get hit ...

Eternal Anthem
    Topaz Augment
    Anthem Augment

Pretty awesome for bards!
    Last edited by Urjak; 05-14-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Evasive quote end
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Community Member

Cannoneer’s Goggles
    Goggles
    I don't play on Lama but this has me confused, if min level 24 how does it have a +8 Dex augment when +7 is 24?

Liking the Gloves and Boots.
    Last edited by downwithpeace; 05-15-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Gloves/Boots
    My Toons:
    DWP - Fighter/Favored Soul, Olur Takun - Something, Perddy Elfie - Artificer, Tamqil Jemhar - Ranger

It all looks kind of standard, although I find the trinket to be kind of neat in the sense that it gains special abilities when you've got it fully augmented. That's a cool idea in my book although it may not (and need not) always have the coolest implementation. It opens the door for items later on to have interesting modifiable bennies on them. I think it'd be cooler if it had a DIFFERENT effect when one or more of the slots is empty, though.

I am a little disappointed just because some of the heroic level gear in TBC has much more *interesting* combinations of effects on it. The Jack Jibbers thing looks to be pretty weird, how is that going to work, exactly?

Barnacled Buckler
    Buckler
    Terrible. This buckler has 2 guards and both of them are horrible. You need to give this buckler 10-20 more guards to make it any good. Oh and Heightened Awareness..lol

Buckler
    Axe and Hammerblock VII..and that's it? Dodge 6% is nice-ish but you want the higher dodge possible. Also: SWIM preslotted? It's a joke right?

Pirate Hat
    Helm
    A lesser version of the Blue dragon helm. Seeing as you can have the Blue one one level later, pointless item.

Cannoneer’s Goggles
    Goggles
    That SP discount is just too low to be even looked at. It's like 3-4 SP on every spell. Should be at least a 10% discount to be even looked at. Then, what's a DEXTERITY augment doing on an Arcane/Divine item? Another joke maybe, I get it now.

Clickable Item
    Don't make me comment on this. It would just be bad words. Exclusive....like I would ever want more of this..

Iron Mitts (may rename)
    Gloves
    Already commented. Heal amp is not bad but it comes on PDK gloves as well. The other stuff is pointless at higher level and PDK gloves are avaible sooner.

Broken Music Box
    Trinket
    Can't wait to give up my litany for my Cacophonic Guard. Oh wait, I'm the one joking now.

Orcish Privateer’s Boots
    Boots
    The one good item.

Drowned Priest’s Torch
    Scepter
    Pre-slotted UA? So many jokes here..Turn undead..

Ruby Augment
    Crushing Wave augment
    Useless.

Sapphire Augment
    Useless.

Eternal Anthem
    Topaz Augment
    Anthem Augment
    Not bad for bards I guess.
    Last edited by Wizza; 05-14-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

thx for posting all in one thread! There are some clever/imaginative additions there, one for thrower build halflings etc. I look forward to trying to get several things here.

1) Could you please make the sickle a kama? Kamas are sickles anyway. . .It will appeal to pure monks and monk splashes instead of the Uber Sickle Build THE FARMER that has been all over the forums this past year.

2) Are you still considering epic versions of some of the current named wilderness loot, like the Tiefling blade? That would connect the heroic and the epic more than a completely different list.

3) how about a Coffin Hammer for the nail? Would be funny

4) I feel like Pirates are roguish and should be using daggers, kukris (as per the new enhancement) as well as Scimitars, Rapiers, and Shortswords. Only a weird rapier is in the loot list. The Crystal Cove has a shortsword and rapier (assuming an eventual upper level epic version) so that leaves daggers and kukris. Also, what about deception items? Treasure buff items?

5) Perhaps an augment that buffs Kobolds for challenges, seeing how the pirate hats are doing this now? Not sure how relevant, but that would be much appreciated to slot in somewhere with one's challenge gear layout. Ok, weird request.

6) will there be any set items like in the heroic group (Corsair set)?
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

These all look amazing. I already want several of these items for a couple different characters. They'll be especially useful when I turn one of my characters into a swashbuckling bard. I can't wait for U22 to go live!

According to farwil - these items are *removed*
    Last edited by Cordovan; 05-15-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: language
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Nice to see a preview list of items.. thanks for that...

It is unfortunate that most of these items are underwhelming.. tweaks could clean up some of these as mentioned above.

Suggestion:
    change some of the hard coded effect items that are augment equivalents to pre-slotted augments..
    this will give a better range of viability to more players and allow the items to be overall more useful to all players.

Will also help augment sale & usage in general.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 05-14-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Clickable Item
    Very cool concept. I assume this works like a limited duration res-cake i.e you can bring yourself or someone else back from the dead for two minutes after which you/they expire. Hardly game breaking but the cool factor would make me want to have this.

COLOR=#ffd700]Broken Music Box [/COLOR]
    Trinket
    Interesting mechanic: an effect contingent upon having all augment slots filled. This is worth exploring. In terms of the item itself, maybe add a boost to sonic power as well to make it more useful to swashbucklers. And to differentiate it from blasting chime, replace the guard effect with an Epic upgrade to the Peals of Thunder effect from Fang of Syberis. I like that this is a trinket. More trinket choices please

COLOR=#ffd700]Mizzen-Mast Splinter[/COLOR]
    Greatclub
    So glad to see diversity in weapons supported. As a rule, a Great Club has to be BETTER than a maul or greataxe or great sword to tempt people away from using those tired and true weapons with better crit profiles and damage dice. The Mast Splitter is ok but not much competition versus other level 24 loot. I think it would be safe to make it a little bit better since it's JUST a great club…maybe add +10 STACKING bonus to stunning as well. And be sure to give the greatclub adequate hardness to justify its epicness. Wooden greatclubs are far to prone to breakage.

COLOR=#ffd700]Coffin Nail[/COLOR]
    Dart
    Throwing daggers fit the pirate theme better in my mind than darts. I recommend making this a throwing dagger. Also, it needs returning.
    Last edited by Claver; 05-14-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    1) Could you please make the sickle a kama? Kamas are sickles anyway. . .It will appeal to pure monks and monk splashes instead of the Uber Sickle Build THE FARMER that has been all over the forums this past year.
    Swashbucklers don't have many slashing weapons available. This one fills that gap.

General reaction is that there are a lot of items that could make sense to seek out and slot, though nothing crazy exciting worth 4-figures on the ASAH. I'll keep my comments to the items I feel qualified to say something about:

Pirate Hat
    Helm
    A really nice alternative to blue dragon helm - it's a flat-out better slotting than the helm if you're not running the blue dragon set and aren't hurting for yellow slots. Simply by not being rare and expensive Tor loot, it will be widely used.

Cannoneer’s Goggles
    Goggles
    They're useful for the sp reduction, but the DC-caster builds that would most benefit likely have a hard time fitting it.

Clickable Item
    This seems like an item worth having but a highly situational one. In a competent EE group, it loses a lot of value since most everyone will be able to raise dead or better. It's helpful as all heck as a way to rescue certain raids gone awry.

Iron Mitts (may rename)
    Gloves
    These are awesome; the people saying otherwise are hurting their credibility by making such a ridiculous call. They're a huge direct upgrade to the PDK gloves which are already a fairly frequent slotting on endgame fleshy characters.

Broken Music Box
    Trinket
    I suppose if you have nothing better to slot, or lack some of the good rarer trinkets, you might use this.

Orcish Privateer’s Boots
    Boots
    These are very good at current endgame. Permanent FoM is valuable in of itself.

Sapphire Augment
    I can't see why you wouldn't slot this if you have the augment slots to do it.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

@Urjak: About the Drowned Priest's Torch item.... no cleric needs to specialize in Turn Undead. All you need is high charisma (which also empowers divine might) a single first level spell and a turn undead item that can be swapped in and out. No one needs to "specialize" in anything to turn undead.

Also, I would suggest adding another finessable weapon to this list, one that isn't focused on undead.
    Last edited by HatsuharuZ; 05-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Hey Lamannians – you’ve seen a bit of the new Epic Three Barrel Cove loot in Landscape chests. With the new Lamannia prop, you’ll begin finding more in the quest end-chests. To get your feedback more directly, and save you a little trouble, here’s a complete treasure list for the update. NOTE! The release is still in development. Some of these items are expected to change, or possibly even fall off of the final release list!

As mentioned by Steelstar, all these items are ML 24; the content is ML 25.
    +1 for getting this out ahead of the lootruners. Good Communication!

+1 for overall thematic feel and flavor text so far!

+1 Overall general goodness.

+10 for the new exclusive clickie - I want the sword run through animation as well!

+1 Love the new augments! Love the comment about stretch goal of making that one enchantment into augment and replacing with red slot.

Keep up the good work!

To get your feedback more directly, and save you a little trouble, here’s a complete treasure list for the update.
    Finally. After years you have finally realized what we all realized, well, years ago. Thanks.

NOTE! The release is still in development. Some of these items are expected to change
    Most, I would hope... some of them need a lot of help. Couple keepers though.

Barnacled Buckler
    Buckler +7 Enhancement Bonus, Heightened Awareness, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Corrosive Salt Guard, Vulnerability Guard , Purple Augment Slot (Vulnerability Guard - Chance on being damaged to do AOE 3 Stacks of Vulnerability)
    Rather useless. If its intended to go on swash, theyre going to have 20-30% dodge and on top of that actively wanting to not be hit. Sure the occasional proc will happen but they wont do anything meaningful. Vulnerability guard is a neat mutation (for somewhere else, like a tank shield or something) to see as far as something new, but this item is just plain bad design. Only pro is the purple (red) slot for spellpower, without taking away from a swash only dps slot (red slot on swf item, where a dps aug can go).

Buckler +7 Enhancement Bonus, Dodge 6%, Axeblock VII, Hammerblock VII, Green Augment Slot (Preslotted: Balance), Colorless Augment Slot (Preslotted: Swim)
    Pretty sub par, simply because theres other items already around which do this better. Consider reworking this somewhat... swim and balance might be thematic but theyre basically useless, dodge can cap out, and those dr choices (while not terrible) are overshadowed by better choices. How about some prr?

Pirate Hat
    Helm +8 CHA, +3 Insightful CHA, True Seeing, Heavy Fort (via blue slot augment), Colorless Augment Slot
    Not bad, but not good. Its like dragon helm light, without the overly stupid amount of farming to get. Itd be nice to see some reason its pirate-y though, along with some mods we havent seen before or in combination on a helm. Its yet another helm with 100 fort and cha... add to the pile.

Cannoneer’s Goggles
    Goggles Wizardry IX, Impulse 114, 5% SP Discount to Spells, Green Augment Slot - slotted with +8 DEX
    This is a good item, simply because it increases the options available to people. Its nothing we havent seen before, but getting impulse in a non-red non-held slot is nice for the billion or so cases where thats a pain or a detriment, and the 5% discount is nice since its something people can reasonably have to swap in when needed without devaluing the 10s which are out there. Not bad.

Clickable Item Animate Ally on self for two minutes, one charge per rest. (Can be used while dead). Exclusive. Runs a blade through your chest.
    Awesome. Unique, fun, not op, guaranteed to add hilarity to the game while being useful, but also adds the risk of complication (can easily see someone using this too fast, blowing a real raise, and having some potential problems in a tight situation). Great add.

Iron Mitts (may rename)
    Gloves Strength +8, Healing Amp 30%, Vitality +40, Resistance +7, Colorless Augment Slot
    Keeper. There needed to be a better version of PDK gloves with the removal of other healing amp options, and this fits the bill. While it might not be "end game" exciting, its something almost everyone could carry around as a swap item, and thats plenty useful enough to make the grade.

Broken Music Box
    Trinket Blue Slot, Yellow Slot, Colorless Slot. When all slots are filled, gains Cacophonic Guard
    From the name and the swash enhancement, I expected to be reading rune arm stats, but no. And also, no to this item. I can appreciate the idea of a customizable multi-slot trinket, but without the ability to add spellpower, who cares. If this was Purple, Orange, Green ... ok then yea thatd be cool. As it is, sigh. Needs work.

Orcish Privateer’s Boots
    Boots Speed X, Feat: Freedom of Movement, Sovereign Fire Resistance, Fire Absorbtion 30%, Clear Augment Slot (Preslotted - Intimidate +15)
    Good item. This adds almost nothing new, but condenses many of the popular utility items into something that might be worn full time. Whether people use it as a swap, or as main gear, its something the game probably needs to give people who didnt start in 2007 a more practical way to participate without saying "oh well see you go grind out this old content 40+ times each...". Nice addition.

Mizzen-Mast Splinter
    Greatclub +7 Enhancement Bonus, 3[w], Fracturing, Improved Destruction, Felling the Oak, True Chaos, Taint of Chaos, Red Augment Slot
    As far as is apparent here, this item is useless, except to add a greatclub in? I wasnt aware of any burning need for a greatclub. And if one was going to be added, I imagine something better than this would be desired. Looks as if plain random loot would out dps this thing? Needs adjustment.

Mutineer’s Blade
    Rapier +7 Enhancement Bonus, Dexterity +8, Ghostbane XIII*, Brilliance, Coruscating, Improved Disruption, Red Augment Slot
    *(8d4 damage) (Durability and hardness to be improved)
    Great item, actually useful effects, thematic choices, and something which is worth of being named loot instead of conveniently consistent random loot. Fun item for people to get, which can actually contribute too.

Coffin Nail
    Dart 3.5[w], +7 Enhancement Bonus, 8% Doubleshot, Keen III, Improved Paralyzing, Improved Slowburst, Improved Vorpal, Red Slot (Note that the weapon will actually be 4[w] due to the extra 0.5 from Imp. Vorpal)
    Nice to see another named thrower to follow up the Mallet, one which caters to the other group of proficiencies. Also has some nice effects and is again appealing, just like the Mallet. Great choices.

Drowned Priest’s Torch
    Scepter +7 Enhancement Bonus, Combustion 114, Insightful Faith, Yellow Augment Slot (preslotted: Underwater Action), Red Augment Slot (preslotted: Devotion 114) (Insightful Faith: +2 Insight Bonus to turn level, +2 Insight to maximum hit dice, +4 Insight to total hit dice)
    Instead of a scepter how about a mace. A light mace maybe? Basically, morninglords need maces, swashs need light maces, anyone into turning or using a torch to beat people wouldnt really benefit from a scepter in any fashion. Mediocre item otherwise, Insightful Faith aside. Thats really the reason to use it, and if its made into an aug, it will probably get pulled from the weapon and slotted elsewhere. Not that its a bad thing, that kind of effect is needed with how turning scales at 28+.... so its good to know an aug is potentially in the works. But theres not a lot of reason to use this otherwise, so maybe it needs a bit more of a push. How about Blazing or something... I mean its a torch? Or Oceanic, if its been put out in water due to being Drowned? Either way, if its drowned it shouldnt have fire mods, if it has fire mods it should be flaming and have blazing or something... as is, its just got the unique mod going for it.

Devourer’s Reaping
    Sickle +7 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Vorpal, Doublestrike 14%, Hemorrhaging, Red Slot, Colorless Slot
    Hm. Id have to think about this one. Color it a "maybe" for now... with a name like that and lacking other mods, I kind of feel something like Soul Eating should be there too. Its certainly not bad, but its got a lot to compete with for the tiny portion of builds that can actually use a sickle vs something else, and its coming up a bit short on the "per hit" basis. (as in, okay vorpals nice, but its only 4-6% ds over other item choices, and bleed damage doesnt work on many mob types, so just using something that does like 10d6/hit kinda comes out ahead...).

Saint Mur’ay's Fire
    Rune Arm Electrical Storm, Max Charge Tier V, Imbue: Electric VI, Potency +76, Magnetism +114, Inherent Elemental Resistance, Greater Arcane Lore, Blue Augment Slot
    So... its like one third toven plus one third arcing sky plus one third blue dragonscale? Whats the point here... 114 magnetism I guess? If it had a red slot to get a 2nd spellpower type, okay maybe, but as is I just dont see the point. Artys need actual real spellpower/crits, this does not deliver. Nor does it add any new utility to the rune arm selection. Maybe change the arcane lore to a larger electric lore value, and change the blue slot to red, or something. Needs help.

Ruby Augment Crushing Wave augment
    If mutiple people have this, and the dot can only be on the mob one time, and everyone just overwrites each other, this is pointless. Consider this a request to make that NOT happen. In which case, cool aug.

Sapphire Augment Crushing Wave Guard Augment
    Arretrikos called, he wants his itemization back.

Eternal Anthem
    Topaz Augment Anthem Augment
    Boom. Finally. Its a virtually critical effect for bards, and it was also a shell game trying to keep it viable between other setups. This adds literally nothing but quality of life increases for all bards. Three cheers.

In summation, zero for two on bucklers is very bad with swash critically needing a full time option there. Those should take priority. Overall some nice things; the goggles, cursed blade, mitts, boots, mutiny blade, dart, and the topaz all being pretty nice. Thats not so bad. But the others struggle for identity: the hat is cut/paste, the trinket is difficult to make valuable with so many other great trinkets in game, the greatclub is outclassed by lootgen, the torch has a crisis of design (its a vehicle for a useful aug at the moment, needs work or just cut it and add the aug), the sickle is appealing but I think too far behind the existing alternatives, the rune arm is cut/paste, and the two crushing waves augs both have their own issues (dot stacking for offense, guards not being useful for 3+ years for the defense one).

The good news is, of the negatives, its very clear WHY its a negative, so adjustments should come readily to the dev team. Not a lot of room to guess really, its obvious whats needed, so have at it! I do really like the idea of swinging a giant mast, or a flaming torch, so even the bad items are good ideas that just need to actually be good items. Bucklers though... if you only get time for one thing, fix those. Possibly by deleting everything there and writing new ones. Parrying is a good idea, Riposte is a great idea, some spellpower choices wouldnt go amiss, perhaps a mirrored buckler with some spell resist or absorb... you got a lot of options. But guards and dodge on a class which is already pushed towards a high dodge cap with no desire to get hit in the first place... swing and a miss (oh so punny).

Hopefully helpful feedback. GL. Cheers.

Community Member

Mutineer’s Blade
    Rapier
    *(8d4 damage)
    I don't see anything about critical profile on there, but it's been said that this weapon has 17-20/x2 or something else special.

Maybe if some of the other weapons have super-crits they'll be more appealing. For example, Sickle and Greatclub are hated item types, but crit power might make them good...

I rather like the Iron Mitts, and see myself farming up several of them for my various alts.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast