Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's this?

Community Member

Default What's this?

What's this new thing under the website's community tab? Character moves and copies. Is this the answer to all our pleas for server merges? Would this be free character transfers for the players stuck on the least populated servers?

God, I hope so!

Logged in I can select servers and see all my toons there.
    But you have the options copy and transfer. Maybe it's just the new character copy for lammania?

Anyway it looks promising
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Just tested it too. There is a button to Transfer charakters to any server. So it cant be just for Lamannia.

Guess i can finally leave the Ghost-Server Wayfinder soon.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Community Member

Interesting and good idea.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    Just tested it too. There is a button to Transfer charakters to any server. So it cant be just for Lamannia.
    It's disabled though, and it'll probably still cost money to transfer. So far, it's a new Lammy copy tool. Just tried it on one of my toons, and the system claims to have completed the copy - will have to check later!
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I can't seem to find this tab?

Greetz,
    Red ORm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    I can't seem to find this tab?

Greetz,
    Red ORm
    The drop-down to the right of "The Game", bottom option.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Got it, thanks.
    It says Currently Disabled, but yea, looks very interesting!

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Will be interesting though what the feature will do in the future. Let´s see.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Will be interesting though what the feature will do in the future. Let´s see.
    Concur.

For one, I can't believe this'd be a no-cost service for non-VIPs in any case.

Because, well... what happens to a character's quest flagging and accumulated favor? Even if quest flags and completions don't carry over, it'd mean "veteran starter" favor farming on any server... up to and beyond the iconic (start at 15) level. And if they do it'd be worse (for Turbine that is - sure, I'd take that if offered but I don't think they'll offer).
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Concur.

For one, I can't believe this'd be a no-cost service for non-VIPs in any case.

Because, well... what happens to a character's quest flagging and accumulated favor? Even if quest flags and completions don't carry over, it'd mean "veteran starter" favor farming on any server... up to and beyond the iconic (start at 15) level. And if they do it'd be worse (for Turbine that is - sure, I'd take that if offered but I don't think they'll offer).
    If you transfer a character you keep your favor for that character but you don't get any TP for that favor on the destination server.

That utility looks dead sexy. I have 8 characters on one server I checked, and 7 of the 8 were accurate (seems better than the lamma copy tool for accuracy). The character is my only 3-way multi-class with epic levels if that makes a difference. Its time to crank rampant speculation up to 11! Will it be free, cost, implemented sometime soon(tm), likely to cause people to quit when a transfer irrevocably fails, soon to be responsible for a major exploit that ruins the game economy, discriminate against halflings? I can't come up with all the possible half-baked theories that we'll need to fill the void of information this one little tool has opened up.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

Default It's terrible!

It's going to make *insert random character class here* waaaaaaay OP!

Yes, this is tech that will be used to bring Character Copy back to Lamannia. We expect to enable it later this week, after performing a character wipe on Lamannia (which is necessary to avoid various conflicts with the transfer tool.) Stay tuned!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post

Guess i can finally leave the Ghost-Server Wayfinder soon.
    While this tool is being built with usage in mind beyond Lamannia, at least initially it will be used only for Character Copy to Lamannia.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    While this tool is being built with usage in mind beyond Lamannia, at least initially it will be used only for Character Copy to Lamannia.
    FYI: there's a bug in the tool that allows you to click and use the "transfer" interface. If you have more than one toon on a server and click "copy" on it, other toons have the "transfer" button enabled. Not sure if that button does anything (probably not), but I was able to queue up a random toon for transfer

Hoping to see how far you take this tool, looks cool so far.

FYI: there's a bug in the tool that allows you to click and use the "transfer" interface. If you have more than one toon on a server and click "copy" on it, other toons have the "transfer" button enabled. Not sure if that button does anything (probably not), but I was able to queue up a random toon for transfer

Let's see how long it takes them to charge you 3.5k TP for that random transfer.

DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.
    Join us on Twitch!

I still can't see to what you are referring. Ever since the forum changes i have some randomly floating words (STORE & PLAY FREE NOW) over the grey community guidline text. On the left i have the DDO symbol and the word content beside it. Underneath that i have Forum, dev tracker, game dowload and bug report, beneath that new posts, private message, FAQ, calendar, community, forum actions, & quick links. I don't see a button that says (the game), if you mean the symbol then would you be referring to the word Content? and if so when i highlight that word i just see a large white box with possibly cream colored text in it... i can't really tell. There are apparently some invisible floating texts that also display large white boxes if i mouse around/over the grey community guidline text. I didn't notice this but then i had no reason to look for invisible text. Does anyone know a way to fix this issue?
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.
    Great, Aus... you broke it. This is why we can't have nice things.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast