Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E3BC - Tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Which question? Tokens dropping in 3BC or character copy working.

My nonsense truth says no to both.
    Character Copy has been working for 2 weeks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I think by "2 weeks" you meant "5 days"

Did you even bother to read the posts in that thread? More nonsense truth spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Did you even bother to read the posts in that thread? More nonsense truth spewing.
    Wow. Yes, I've read the posts by the people that can't figure out the difference between transfer and copy.

Oh, and yeah, 5 days not 2 weeks. My mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Wow. Yes, I've read the posts by the people that can't figure out the difference between transfer and copy.
    Oh well what am I doing wrong so I can play my Live characters on Lammania? Boy I'm glad you are here to help me fix this problem instead of Cordovan.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And they're also necessary for upgrading L20 Cannith Challenge gear to T3, which is of course low-Epic range weapons and potentially full-range Epic accessories. Likewise, some of the augments are also things you'll want to slot at endgame as well (Deathblock, e.g.)

I'm fine if they make Tokens only drop from L24 (base level) and under content in Eberron. I'm fine if they want to completely sunset the system and move to CoVs, *assuming they increase CoV drop rates accordingly* and change Cannith Challenges so you can purchase CoVs instead of Tokens. But as long as the system isn't being actively deprecated, it should be supported.

im ok with this if they do decide to make the change to phase out tokens completely then the change needs to be reasonable and similar to tokens of the twelve. i don't want to see the turns in limited and need such a high number.

Community Member

Thanks for the response, Cordovan, it is much appreciated. You're right; we didn't discuss or remember Glin's post when we talked. But in thinking about Glin's post, it still doesn't make sense as an answer, for two reasons.

First, while the intent was to phase out tokens, this was changed and didn't happen. Instead of removing them, they were left in game. Given that, they should remain a part of the game, being included in all Eberron epics. I don't code, but I wouldn't think it would be a herculean effort to add them into the loot tables for the Eberron epics that don't have them or to remove them all if someday they are done away with. But for now, they ARE used for things, things that can only be bought in game with tokens. There should be a consistent system for tokens and everything else, and this is an easy one to fix. NO one is claiming it is difficult to grind for tokens, but it gets pretty old running nothing but devil assault/house P/house K/house D every single life for a token. Diversity is more fun and makes the game feel less grindy, even if you are in fact grinding.

Second, despite what Glin said, it wasn't entirely accurate (and I say this with all respect). He said that tokens were being depreciated (or I assume that's what he meant, because the poor tokens didn't do anything to be deprecated) and that nothing had been done with the tokens for well over a year to prepare for that. Yet in the augment overhaul for update 17, several red augments were made available in the new system to be bought in game only with tokens. Red augments for DR breaking are only regularly available through Lahar. The statement from Glin came during update 20, less than a year later. So tokens indeed were given worth in the new augment system during the time they were supposed to be depreciating.

My very strong suggestion would be to make tokens drop from all Eberron epics, and if the day comes someday where they are replaced in game, remove them all then. It's not a good idea to leave players with another half-implemented system, especially when this one is so easily remedied.

Also, character copy works perfectly for me.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I think your rational is that pirates steal all kinds of stuff. Ok, I get that, but... what an ugly loot table that, to remain true to flavor, would have to be update potentially every update (as new pirate plunder spings into being). No thanks
    That is indeed my 'lore' rationale.

My 'game' rationale does not want an untidy chest. What i want is that 3BC be relevant for all current end game grindy mechanics so it's never a complete waste of time being there. Plus greensteel mats on general principle cos I was sick of running Shroud the first five times never mind now.

But I don't mean lots of different chances to get all these kinds of loot. Combine them into one list. It should work something like this:

Let's say an epic chest has 4 loot roll slots per person (some of which spawn additional slots so if you roll gems you might spawn another three slots filled with various gems). One of the random lootgen slots should be replaced by a roll not on the rnd_loot_gen table, but on the Pirate_loot_yarr table (or however Turbine label these things behind the scenes). The pirate_loot_yarr table would contain any of the aforementioned crafting/grindy-as-hell-turn in ingredients like CoVs, commendations, raid crafting drops etc. What you get would never be predictable - you couldn't go farm one red name knowing it always dropped CoVs - it would just be nice, in many cases auctionable, in most cases relevant, extras.

To me that's just an instant reason to not mind running e3BC occasionally "just because". That is for those who need a loot based reason. My reasons generally are not remotely loot based, they are things like:
    -Will it require any flagging of any kind? If yes and this is more than complete one quest... GoTo Don't Bother Unless Guildies Are Going Too Or You Just Need Some Mindless XP
    -Are the fights fun and/or interesting? If no then GoTo Don't Bother Unless Guildies Are Going Too Or You Just Need Some Mindless XP.
    -Is the lore is engaging and consistent? If not then cf a depressingly large number of other quests, and carry on (actually consistency within an adventure pack is not usually a problem).
    -Can I complete most of the quests there in less than 30 mins each, without needing to run miles to travel to the quest? If no then GoTo Don't Bother Unless Guildies Are Going Too Or You Just Need Some Mindless XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default 100% agree with Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    Thanks for the response, Cordovan, it is much appreciated. You're right; we didn't discuss or remember Glin's post when we talked. But in thinking about Glin's post, it still doesn't make sense as an answer, for two reasons.

First, while the intent was to phase out tokens, this was changed and didn't happen. Instead of removing them, they were left in game. Given that, they should remain a part of the game, being included in all Eberron epics. I don't code, but I wouldn't think it would be a herculean effort to add them into the loot tables for the Eberron epics that don't have them or to remove them all if someday they are done away with. But for now, they ARE used for things, things that can only be bought in game with tokens. There should be a consistent system for tokens and everything else, and this is an easy one to fix. NO one is claiming it is difficult to grind for tokens, but it gets pretty old running nothing but devil assault/house P/house K/house D every single life for a token. Diversity is more fun and makes the game feel less grindy, even if you are in fact grinding.

Second, despite what Glin said, it wasn't entirely accurate (and I say this with all respect). He said that tokens were being depreciated (or I assume that's what he meant, because the poor tokens didn't do anything to be deprecated) and that nothing had been done with the tokens for well over a year to prepare for that. Yet in the augment overhaul for update 17, several red augments were made available in the new system to be bought in game only with tokens. Red augments for DR breaking are only regularly available through Lahar. The statement from Glin came during update 20, less than a year later. So tokens indeed were given worth in the new augment system during the time they were supposed to be depreciating.

My very strong suggestion would be to make tokens drop from all Eberron epics, and if the day comes someday where they are replaced in game, remove them all then. It's not a good idea to leave players with another half-implemented system, especially when this one is so easily remedied.

Also, character copy works perfectly for me.
    Well said, I 100% agree with Grace this decision to not have tokens of the 12 drop in Epic GH & E3BC makes me feel very frustrated, disappointed, upset, angry & sad.

Tokens of the 12 should absolutely drop in Epic GH & E3BC, throw us a bone here please!!!

Asking nicely, sincerely, politely!! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

I never understood why this was made so difficult in the first place, i get the backlash at the time, it was expected with such a drastic change and next to no player input on it. However if they wanted to dump tokens in favour of comms it could have been done easily and friendly imo.

Remove tokens/frags from all quests then create an exchange system in the epic altar that is comparable to current token drop rate, say 1 token for 50 comms (this would effectively remove all the tokens from the game, without turning them into junk). Then set the heroic heart exchange along the same lines which would make it about 1000 comms for a heroic heart, you could also add a small chance for comms in chests similar to how guild renown is done now.

With that we have tokens/frags gone, some extra chances for comms and a comparable heroic heart trade option to the one we have now. Surely that can't be hard to do and would also keep a majority of the population happy (remembering the old 'you can't please everyone' saying here)

Now what the hell do i do with all the useless BtC comms of heroism i have, they sort of went south of nowhere didn't they?
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As with anything, if you feel strongly that this should take priority over other additions or changes to the game, let us know!
    I feel strongly that tokens should be added to all of the Eberron Content.

Please!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I feel strongly that tokens should be added to all of the Eberron Content.

Please!
    Yup! This! Absolutely! Throw us a bone here Turbine! It is the right & fair thing to do!

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely it would be *greatly* appreciated! Please reconsider this decision!

Please have Tokens of the 12/fragments etc. drop in Epic GH & E3BC! :P! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    As with anything, if you feel strongly that this should take priority over other additions or changes to the game, let us know!
    I strongly feel that tokens of the 12, greater, standard and fragments, should drop in all epic Eberron content.

I think that Turbine should consider a broadening of CoH dropsites as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    I never understood why this was made so difficult in the first place, i get the backlash at the time, it was expected with such a drastic change and next to no player input on it. However if they wanted to dump tokens in favour of comms it could have been done easily and friendly imo.

Remove tokens/frags from all quests then create an exchange system in the epic altar that is comparable to current token drop rate, say 1 token for 50 comms (this would effectively remove all the tokens from the game, without turning them into junk). Then set the heroic heart exchange along the same lines which would make it about 1000 comms for a heroic heart, you could also add a small chance for comms in chests similar to how guild renown is done now.

With that we have tokens/frags gone, some extra chances for comms and a comparable heroic heart trade option to the one we have now. Surely that can't be hard to do and would also keep a majority of the population happy (remembering the old 'you can't please everyone' saying here)

Now what the hell do i do with all the useless BtC comms of heroism i have, they sort of went south of nowhere didn't they?
    I agree that tokens should just be phased out with an exchange system and replaced with Comms. Right now I could do 7 free TRs, but I have no plans anytime soon do a TR. Not much point when you can get a heroic and an Iconic past life at the same time for me. With Comms in every epic quest and a HHoW cheap to buy with Comms, I see no downside to this. Lahar said he needed to retire anyways.

Stop the madness...

Why are we persistently inundated with transitional obsoleted barter systems.

Unify the token/comm/AS/whatever ...system.

Set 1 standard exchange and allow us to convert our existing earned mediums into the unified barter system to get what we want.

This continued overcomplication is frustrating.

I would eliminate all the tokens/comms/other scrap loading up my bags and convert them all to AS.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Default Management/producers/production/devs/WB/WOTC Please throw us a bone!

Management/producers/production/devs/WB/WOTC/Glin/ProdMaj! Please throw us a bone!

Please consider including Tokens/fragments of the 12 in E3BC & also please put them into Epic GH!

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely it would be greatly appreciated!!

Until such time when you make up your minds with what else your doing with the other stuff!

I feel very strongly about this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123