Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Archery/ranged weapons cannot crit. Gamebreaking bug.

Currently on Lamannia we are unable to crit with archery and ranged weapons. Shuriken included. It appears to be something about confirming the critical hit. Hits where you should crit appear to simply disappear and do nothing.

This is completely gamebreaking for anybody who uses ranged. Artificers, Monkchers, Shuriken builds, everyone.

Please, do not let this bug go live like so many others have in the past.

We are aware, and investigating.

Thank you!

Bug, feature, same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    We are aware, and investigating.

Thank you!
    No, thank you for letting us know you are aware. I cannot stress how reassuring it is to know that you guys are on it. I'll be sure to let the community know. Thank you again.

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post
    No, thank you for letting us know you are aware. I cannot stress how reassuring it is to know that you guys are on it. I'll be sure to let the community know. Thank you again.
    agree, thank you for communication.

DDO Producer

This will be fixed in this week's Lamannia drop.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    Thanks!
    What specifically will be fixed? Will it be set back to how it is working on live?

Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    Thanks!
    Thank you for such a speedy response. Also, thank you for nailing down something so crucial in so fast a period.

I could not be more happy that I am a VIP subscriber than I am right now. Cheers!

Thank you for such a speedy response. Also, thank you for nailing down something so crucial in so fast a period.

I could not be more happy that I am a VIP subscriber than I am right now. Cheers!

You just said this like not even 24 hours ago:

Absolutely terrible game design.

If this change goes through, I will seriously consider cancelling my VIP subscription and re-evaluating my purchases in the DDO Store.

so if it works that you can threaten and throw a fit over this and get it appeased...what are you doing differently? Because honestly, I'd like to know so that we can get sagas working again before U22.

Thanks for any tips and tricks!

^^

This is not a bug, but rather a long overdue patch.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by MadCookieQueen View Post
    You just said this like not even 24 hours ago:

so if it works that you can threaten and throw a fit over this and get it appeased...what are you doing differently? Because honestly, I'd like to know so that we can get sagas working again before U22.

Thanks for any tips and tricks!

^^
    Your passive aggressive attempt at humor not withstanding, the difference is that the post of mine you quoted is a knee-jerk reaction to being successfully trolled by Teh_Troll as I stated here. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5331801

At the time, we were under the impression that Adrenaline wasn't recharging because they'd changed Fury of the Wild to not recharge with ranged crits, something they said they wont do. It only came to light several pages later that ranged attacks aren't critting at all on Lamannia, which is why Adrenaline isn't recharging.

So, now that I've disarmed your post - Fit? Really? A completely rational statement about something I believed was intentional is 'throwing a fit'? No, it's not. You and I both know this, you're just grossly exaggerating.

Edit: Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    This is not a bug, but rather a long overdue patch.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, because the issue at hand IS a bug (as confirmed by two dev posts IN THIS THREAD) and is being fixed this week.

Secondly, what you're actually referring to (Adrenaline recharging on ranged crit) IS WORKING AS INTENDED because they've said they're not going to change it in the past.

Get out of my thread with your biased misinformation.

So, now that I've disarmed your post - Fit? Really? A completely rational statement about something I believed was intentional is 'throwing a fit'? No, it's not. You and I both know this, you're just grossly exaggerating.
    I'm sorry can you explain to me how saying you'll cancel your subscription and reconsider your DDO purchases is rational? How is that not throwing a fit?

That's very much a "give me what I want or I'm taking my ball and going home" statement.

Secondly, what you're actually referring to (Adrenaline recharging on ranged crit) IS WORKING AS INTENDED because they've said they're not going to change it in the past.

Can you link your source? i'd like to know when the devs confirmed this.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

I'd wait until the fix is confirmed to see how things look. They may have said in the past they weren't going to change the Adrenaline range recharge, but that position could also have changed - they have hinted that they're considering some form of nerf to ranged attacks.

After all, it's semi-plausible that it was an attempt to remove ranged recharging of Adrenaline that broke *all* ranged crits, i.e. created this bug.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

I'm sorry can you explain to me how saying you'll cancel your subscription and reconsider your DDO purchases is rational? How is that not throwing a fit?

That's very much a "give me what I want or I'm taking my ball and going home" statement.
    I would avoid this person. He/she is clearly overly sensitive when it comes to discussing this topic and they clearly are over reacting by saying "Get out of my thread". As if it is his/hers to begin with.

People who are overly defensive on the forums and get all upset greatly amuse me - especially when they try to pull out some self-righteous attitude and talk down to other posters with a condescending attitude.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post

People who are overly defensive on the forums and get all upset greatly amuse me - especially when they try to pull out some self-righteous attitude and talk down to other posters with a condescending attitude.

That never happens.

I have already done so, but I'll do so again to clear up your confusion.

My statement was not a threat. I said, and I quote, that I'd seriously consider cancelling my VIP subscription if this change was intended and that I'd re-evaluate future purchases through the DDO store.

To my mind, it was obvious that the reason why I made this statement was because I felt it to be incredibly poor game design (Effectively breaking any ranged build that uses Fury of the Wild, not just Monkcher characters. Arties, etc.) if it was actually intended and not a bug.

Now that we know it's a bug and ALSO that it's being fixed, why would I not be happy to continue my VIP subscription? It proves that they make good design choices and did the opposite of what I feared when I made the statement that you quoted which, again, was only if it went live and was intentional.

So that is most definitely not a 'give me what I want or I'm taking my ball and going home' statement. It's a statement of my opinion on game design and a rationally thought out one at that. I assumed it was obvious when I made it, but apparently not.

As to your request to link my source on a Dev statement saying they're not going to change Fury of the Wild functionality - No, unfortunately I cannot find it. I did look, but it seemed like it was going to take longer to find than I had time for. However, if you read the other threads on this subject that were made over the weekend (Teh Troll's thread, etc) you'll find other people stating they also saw the Dev statement I'm referencing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    I'd wait until the fix is confirmed to see how things look. They may have said in the past they weren't going to change the Adrenaline range recharge, but that position could also have changed - they have hinted that they're considering some form of nerf to ranged attacks.

After all, it's semi-plausible that it was an attempt to remove ranged recharging of Adrenaline that broke *all* ranged crits, i.e. created this bug.
    The speed with how 3 people of the turbine team answered this bug leads me to believe they don't mean to change adrenaline.
    Still you never know so i'll wait till the next lamaland drops.

Oh and the only little tiny bit of influence you really have on business in the end is your wallet. So you if you're extremely unhappy with a decision made in any game, withdrawing support is the first thing i would always suggest.
    Last edited by Pandir; 05-13-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast