Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    "some chests have higher chance of dropping hearts" sounds like another urban legend until proven otherwise (by a dev)
    Its not urban legend, and lol at thinking dev will ever tell you this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Its not urban legend, and lol at thinking dev will ever tell you this.
    Man I'd be very interested if it's not fight club.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Not fight club, but something close, when turbine nerfed +4 tomes dropping on eh they forgot a few quests.
    Those quests also have higher chance of dropping store items, I see at least 1 store item per 2 runs, guild pot, sp pot, xp pot, I got lr heart from it.

They do drop but are pretty rare.
    Also you should have played myddo lottery, I have like 5 lr hearts in my bank.
    This.

I got a +3 greater heart once in a rare chest in WW explorer area. That was the only time in 4 years of playing that I got one in-game though. Others, as the poster above mentioned, I got from the lottery.

Have never seen one in the gold/silver rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    This.

I got a +3 greater heart once in a rare chest in WW explorer area. That was the only time in 4 years of playing that I got one in-game though. Others, as the poster above mentioned, I got from the lottery.

Have never seen one in the gold/silver rolls.
    I have received 2 doing dice rolls.. both ended up BTC on a toon that has no use for them.
    Dev's said they were going to retroactively fix this sometime last year..
    they are still BTC...and i am stil waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Yes, all Daily Dice rewards should be bound to account. I will make sure the Hearts of Wood are fixed for the next update.

Please let me know if there are any other rewards that are still bound to character.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    As per the the official known issues:

Please note that when we fix this issue it will update the bind status on items that were previously rewarded from the Daily Dice. So feel free to hoard the rewards for the time being.

Apologies for the issues everyone! Best of luck with your rolls.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 05-12-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

I have some btc rewards also on a char that has no use of it, crafting elixirs and maybe more.

You should loot proper chests then.
    Im pretty sure lr heart wont drop in any new content since motu.
    I saw a +1 heart drop out of the centre chest from the dragon in Haunted Halls over the weekend.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    They do drop, they are just extremely rare.
    do they? around 7-8 lesser hearts have dropped for me, all of them before cap was raised to 25, but none in the last say ... 18 months or so

so I think you should change the tense in your phrase to "they did drop"

The way I see it, lesser hearts should be available using either epic fragments or COV, depending on which system for gaining hearts you want to tax with an additional use for the in-game currency. Character respeccing and redesign are an integral part of this game with all the enhancement tweaks and theorycrafting that goes on. A lot of people design sub-optimal characters when learning the game. A lot of vets stick with the game because they have altitis. The only real means to radically redesign a character is to either A) pay money or B) TR. Now, some people will be more than willing to do one or the other, and that's a good for the game. But some people are also likely to just think the game design mechanics are too complicated to learn, or too grindy for respeccing, and just up and quit rather than shell out money at this pay hurdle. If the net of those two mechanisms is fewer players in game its probably makes more sense to offer some means to earn in-game lesser hearts other than the ridiculous assumption that it can be earned from in chest looting because you heard that a guildie's uncle's cousin's brother's step-sister once looted a heart. I don't have the numbers, so can't truly say if Turbine is making fist fulls of dollars with lesser hearts, but I'd be willing to bet the money given up can be outweighed as a retention mechanism and those people may buy-in from other amenities (pots, tomes, etc).

Alternatively, reducing the dollar cost of hearts may have the same effect. If every time you want to tweak a character you have to shell out +15 plus you're less likely to do it. But if you only have to shell out a few dollars then you may be more willing to buy in and will likely pay more in multiple smaller increments than you would in one or two large increments.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    do they? around 7-8 lesser hearts have dropped for me, all of them before cap was raised to 25, but none in the last say ... 18 months or so

so I think you should change the tense in your phrase to "they did drop"
    Yea, they do drop, I got one 2-3 months ago.

/signed
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Because monetizing anythig can be widely supported with the justification that it can be had in game, even when theres a .00001% chance of ever getting it in game.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Default Looted a +1 a year ago

I did loot a +1 heart about a year ago. Not from a chest but from a bookcase in one of the low level harbour quests.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Every time I decide to iconic TR into an iconic, I need to figure out a way to take that stupid mandatory level out. Why is it that we have in-game ways of acquiring TR hearts, Epic hearts, iconic hearts, but no lessers? This needs to be changed. I'm not spending 1100 turbine points every single time I decide to iconic TR, its asinine.
    Personally I think this falls within something that Turbine should be able to profit on. Not everything should be able to be gained in game. I'm glad you can get free heroic, iconic and epic hearts through grinding. This is a convenience for people who want to exploit pure BF builds as something other than Paladin (I've done it) and it's entirely appropriate to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Personally I think this falls within something that Turbine should be able to profit on. Not everything should be able to be gained in game. I'm glad you can get free heroic, iconic and epic hearts through grinding. This is a convenience for people who want to exploit pure BF builds as something other than Paladin (I've done it) and it's entirely appropriate to pay for it.
    Meh, I think they charge enough for new content and earn enough from p2w items like mnem pots or raid bypasses. They don't have to make it easy to earn, but there should be an option somewhere beyond a 0,0000001% chance in chests.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

/signed.

also, I am not fan of iconic concept. Racial tree is enough specialization, no need to set the first class level.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    /signed.

also, I am not fan of iconic concept. Racial tree is enough specialization, no need to set the first class level.
    I'm not a fan of iconics period. I'd rather see proper new races, classes or prestiges.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Yes, this ^^

Too bad they took myddo lottery away. I have around 4 LR hearts from there.
    yeah they took myddo from us and gave us this lame dice that gives u 100xp and 1k plat or if u lucky a +2 upgrade tome that makes u by a +1 proper tome from the store...

damn i miss myddo...

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

You should loot proper chests then.
    Im pretty sure lr heart wont drop in any new content since motu.
    That's it, Cetus. You're looting the wrong chests.
    Start looting the right chests, and that'll solve it.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    I saw a +1 heart drop out of the centre chest from the dragon in Haunted Halls over the weekend.
    Stoppit with your proof, Pep... I want to see Cetus loot only the proper chests.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast