Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default There needs to be a way to get lesser hearts in-game

Every time I decide to iconic TR into an iconic, I need to figure out a way to take that stupid mandatory level out. Why is it that we have in-game ways of acquiring TR hearts, Epic hearts, iconic hearts, but no lessers? This needs to be changed. I'm not spending 1100 turbine points every single time I decide to iconic TR, its asinine.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

They do drop, they are just extremely rare.

I've used +1 stones on a few iconic lives, but only when I intended to stay in that life for a few months or more. Otherwise I just make it work with the level I am forced with.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

It really would've nice if we had a way to gain +1hearts in game.

That being said I just deal with the one class level for the most part as long as I am planning another TR soon.

I am using a build to farm my epic PL ATM so I did use a Heart but, if I was going to do a few Icinic lives I would just leave 1 class level alone.

They do drop but are pretty rare.
    Also you should have played myddo lottery, I have like 5 lr hearts in my bank.

I'm aware that they *drop* in game. However, I probably looted a 100,000 chests since the last one I pulled many years ago.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    They do drop but are pretty rare.
    Also you should have played myddo lottery, I have like 5 lr hearts in my bank.
    Yes, this ^^

Too bad they took myddo lottery away. I have around 4 LR hearts from there.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I'm aware that they *drop* in game. However, I probably looted a 100,000 chests since the last one I pulled many years ago.
    You should loot proper chests then.
    Im pretty sure lr heart wont drop in any new content since motu.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Yes, this ^^

Too bad they took myddo lottery away. I have around 4 LR hearts from there.
    I miss the MyDDO lottery.... I realize that we have daily dice rolls now, but the lotto seemed better. I remember there being a larger variety of stuff to win. Although it is entirely possible that I'm remembering wrong.
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 05-12-2014 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

It was better than silver dice, when we are talking about free.
    It had a lot of items, tokens, tr heart, lr heart, pots, I forgot most of it.
    But you would win lr heart at least once a month, probably why they stopped with that.

I agree they are much too rare. I've pulled one in the last 3+ years.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Yeah like I only looted 1 (one) +1 heart - and I play on a daily basis since 2010. But I maybe d00med.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

What kind of a response is this? I should loot "proper" chests?

This makes my point, we need a way to acquire these things like we can the other hearts.
    YouTube Channel HERE

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Agreed. Played this game around 5 years now and I believe I've only ever pulled one. Especially with so many people needing +1's to LR out iconic mandatory levels. Or maybe Turbine implemented mandatory iconic levels solely to boost LR heart sales and laughs at threads like this.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Every time I decide to iconic TR into an iconic, I need to figure out a way to take that stupid mandatory level out. Why is it that we have in-game ways of acquiring TR hearts, Epic hearts, iconic hearts, but no lessers? This needs to be changed. I'm not spending 1100 turbine points every single time I decide to iconic TR, its asinine.
    im sure Turbine thanks you for the hamster food they are able to buy with your money.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

There had been certain chests with a higher rate than "nothing" to give shop items. If I remember correct, Menech wilderness chests were droping XP and guild renown pots from (very rare) time to time. I do not know which chests are more likely to drop hearts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    There had been certain chests with a higher rate than "nothing" to give shop items. If I remember correct, Menech wilderness chests were droping XP and guild renown pots from (very rare) time to time. I do not know which chests are more likely to drop hearts, though.
    "some chests have higher chance of dropping hearts" sounds like another urban legend until proven otherwise (by a dev)

It would be nice, but I'm sure what they would do is make it cost 4200 vcomms.

So then you would either need to spend another week farming enough comms to fix your build the following life. or play through as a 1 cleric 19 wiz sun elf (for example), until you got enough comms, at cap, to get rid of that 1 level, or just itr again.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

No idea about chests with higher chances, but I did pull a +1 lesser heart some 6 months ago from one of the 2 chests from the Yuan-Ti rare in High Road. It was the only one I ever pulled, and no I never won one with the lotteries either (I did win an astral diamond once which went to the guild). So yea, they are and always have been pretty darn rare.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

What kind of a response is this? I should loot "proper" chests?

This makes my point, we need a way to acquire these things like we can the other hearts.
    Not only what Cetus said, but you are just blatantly wrong and spreading false information Ivan. LR+1 heart pulled yesterday in Haunted Halls, Miior's chest by a friend of mine with me in group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

You could just run a human. problem solved. Do ya really need to be a BFer? Come back from the dark side. lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast