Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Exploit weakness has and obnoxious visual effect. Huge text is worse than the eyes graphic from temp spellpoints from arcane archer. As effective as constantly increasing threat range is, if you're screwing with my vision, I'm going to hate using it, and being so good i'll feel forced to use it.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Has anybody been able to test if Sap is able to proc Coup De Grace?
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Default Looks fabulous!

I finally had time to get a look at the latest Update.

So far everything looks good in the swashbuckler tree. The 100% ability bonus for SWF works and even if it is not be my first choice it's won't break the game when it goes live.

En Pointe:

This now correctly strikes twice against a single target (or more with doublestrike) and it seems like they also added a small aoe range. I was able to hit at least 3 opponents at the same time.
    I am not sure if the range is just smaller than Cleave or there is a restriction to the number of enemies that can be affected.

Anyway I like the change. *thumbs up*

Thumbs up Nice!

Awesome work devs!

You've fixed bards with this, have a lot of potential staying pure or splashing with other classes. I like it.

Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

I have a question about En Pointe. Thanks for your patience.

The enhancement increases the critical threat range while decreasing the critical multiplier by 1. The swashbuckler stance requires the use of weapons that generally carry a x2 multiplier. So...En Point brings the multiplier down to x1? And if so, what is the benefit of the increased threat range? Please help me understand. It is logical, is it not, to think that a PC might be likely to take 2 enhancements in the same tree, and so the enhancements should have some synergy? What am I missing?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Magiker View Post
    What am I missing?
    You're missing that swashbuckling adds +1 crit multiplier to all those x2 weapons making them x3 so the -1 would bring them back down to x2

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You're missing that swashbuckling adds +1 crit multiplier to all those x2 weapons making them x3 so the -1 would bring them back down to x2
    Thank you. Appreciate it!

So I'm effectively trading the +1 crit multiplier from swashbuckling for a larger threat range from en point? That seems like a lot of action points to invest for a trade-off, especially if I'm using a light weapon?

Community Member

http://ddowiki.com/page/En_Pointe

En Pointe is an enhancement in Swashbuckler tree, of the Bard class.

Description: Melee Attack: Make two attacks with +4/8/12 critical threat range, but -1 Critical Multiplier. Costs 10 Spell Points to activate.

Notes:

En Pointe performs a cleave-like attack, that hits two times every enemy in range.
    Range seems smaller than Cleave.
    En Pointe doesn't require Swashbuckling.
    En Pointe hits just with main hand weapon regardless of fighting with a two handed weapon, one handed weapon, or fighting with two weapons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    http://ddowiki.com/page/En_Pointe

En Pointe is an enhancement in Swashbuckler tree, of the Bard class.

Description: Melee Attack: Make two attacks with +4/8/12 critical threat range, but -1 Critical Multiplier. Costs 10 Spell Points to activate.

Notes:

En Pointe performs a cleave-like attack, that hits two times every enemy in range.
    Range seems smaller than Cleave.
    En Pointe doesn't require Swashbuckling.
    En Pointe hits just with main hand weapon regardless of fighting with a two handed weapon, one handed weapon, or fighting with two weapons.

Thanks. Seems like its an enhancement targeted towards a splash rather than a pure swashbuckler. Which is fine.

Just wanted to chime in with the others that it is extremely disappointing that Scimitars don't get any benefit from Swashbuckling. Just another example of the source material's idiosyncrasies. Cutlass/Saber/Scimitars along with Rapiers/Shortswords are the definitive examples of Single Weapon Fighting historically.

Just for fun;

Video of Basic Self Defense using Saber & Cutlass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7VBxc8WsXc

Community Member

Well, scimitar is both light and finessable in the D&D 5th edition rules. Too late for DDO swashbucklers though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bernaise View Post
    Just wanted to chime in with the others that it is extremely disappointing that Scimitars don't get any benefit from Swashbuckling. Just another example of the source material's idiosyncrasies.
    There's no "source material" here. The limitations on Swashbuckling weapons is an invention of DDO.

It's kinda sad that my Swashbuckler so far has used a Handaxe, Sickle, and then Dagger: I look like I'm the murderer in a horror movie, not an action hero.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Honestly, I"m less annoyed about scimitars (because those aren't weapons bards are natively proficient in) than I am longswords, heavy maces, and morningstars (because those are).

...And not just because all of my bard's current weapons are longswords, heavy maces, or morningstars. Honest.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Dashing Scoundrel: Passive: While Swashbuckling with nothing in your off hand, you gain +1 Attack Damage per 5 Character levels and 10% Doublestrike/Doubleshot.

A bit late I know but I feel perhaps this could use a slight buff to compensate for the lack of an additional item slot and other shield benefits.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526