Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thanks for the insight Taz. +1. I'll check it out and post the Deluze ships when I have the time.
    Main- Carrianne Taliesin Elven Fighter 12/Ranger 6/Rogue 2 Tempest AA, Orien

Default Well done.

Looks great! I like the changes. Glad buffs won't trivialize content and even more glad they are going to be permanent!

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by TazMan098 View Post
    Just so that you guys know; according to one of the devs (Steelstar I think) in order to get the deluxe ships, you must buy them in successive order.

I did confirm this by doing some purchases the other day and found this: You can purchase any of the Platinum ships right off the bat as long as you meet the guild level requirements; for the Astral Shard ships there doesn't seem to be a guild level requirement (this may be a display error) and you can purchase up to a Stormglory Typhoon right of the bat, but to get the deluxe versions of the Platinum ships, you will need to buy a Stormglory Typhoon then move up to a Frigate Deluxe, then a Cruiser Deluxe, then a Man-O-War Deluxe. Not sure if this is how it is supposed to work, but currently that is how you can get the deluxe ships.

Hope this helps!
    Yes, someone can buy the Astral Shard Deluxe line on Lamannia right now. I believe that the Stormglory Typhoon has to be purchased first and then each successive ship has to be purchased (Frigate Deluxe and Cruiser Deluxe) to purchase the Man-of-War Deluxe. There may be no minimum Guild level to purchase any of the Deluxe ships after the Stormglory Typhoon is purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    I really would prefer if the ships had some use for the top deck. On our actual guild ship we have a banker, a tavern, the dummy and some more stuff on the top deck because that is where everyone meets. As soon as you enter the ship you are in a tavern zone where your action boosts and clickies reset and that persists even when you are at the bank or hitting the dummy.

It would be really nice if all the things you interact with such as bank, tavern, dummy, mail and auction house would be placed on the top deck and all the top deck would be marked as a tavern regeneration zone on all ships.
    I'm also surprised that the devs didn't place hooks for the banker, tavern, or other amenities that can't be used with just an 'All Buff' clickie on the top deck. Some of the large hook amenities combine a banker et al. (I don't remember which ones) so this may have been the reason as these amenities take up a good deal of space.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    No it will not be a negative to me directly I just think people should have an incentive to play smart and avoid death buffs going away was a very solid and noticeable loss I just think this further trivializes death where I think death should be a penalty.
    If that's the way you feel, maybe you should play perma-death or something like that in which all the participants agree to play that way rather than trying to push your personal preferences onto everybody.

Community Member

Default Well said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    If that's the way you feel, maybe you should play perma-death or something like that in which all the participants agree to play that way rather than trying to push your personal preferences onto everybody.
    Well said Gremmlynn. We can all make choices to make our gameplay more challenging, from perma-deth, to roleplaying, to not using buffs, or other self imposed limits.

For me losing buffs has been a reason to hurry (and forget to buy hirelings, spellcomponents, SP pots, etc) and be impatient with people who still had to go to the bank, mailbox or indeed tallied with buffing up and indeed feel even worse (and fear being dropped for going to buff up myself or rather decide not to buff up after dying to save them from waiting for me) in parties in the past.

But while it was annoying to lose buffs and have to ask others to buff me up, or "carry me through" the quest after I was weakened from dying, that was never extra reason for me to try and avoid dying. Newer players are the most likely to profit from this, as they are most prone to die (lack of game knowledge, quest knowledge, lack of gear, weaker character builds, ...), at least now it won't mean they lose as much from that as they did before. For me the biggest worry when I started actually was not XP, or buffs lost, but the PP cost of repairing and fear of gear getting permanently damaged (when not having gazillion of PP), apart from feeling bad for causing an upset to the party.

I think the changes make using guild buffs that little bit more easy to use because of the timer stopping while outside of quests, longer duration as well as not losing buffs when dying. It also means one of the grudges against Turbine for some places where you HAVE to die to continue by design stops being as big an issue, because now at least you won't lose buffs (and if the bug-fixes actually work counters stop getting lost) so we can all have more fun. Losing something because you die is not fun for anyone.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leclaire1 View Post
    So, while Madja has very helpfully listed out what is known of the new airship amenities and the data on how the old airships upgrade in this thread- https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...uild-Amenities, I haven't been able to find a comprehensive place where the hard data on the new ships is listed yet. As such, I decided to log into Lamma, do some research, and find out myself so that those who haven't had the chance yet can begin dreaming about the future of their guilds.

The process is a bit tricky as the airship purchase process in particular is heavily bugged and confusing to many on these threads. Basically, there are three types of ships proposed at the moment- The Frigate (Min. Guild Level 100), The Cruiser (MGL 130), and the Man of War (MGL 150). There are also Deluxe versions of these three purchasable through shards (the basic ships are still plat), which cannot be purchased yet (the option is greyed out in the ui). Purchaseing the Frigate works as it should, but when you purchase a cruiser and load onto the ship it lists the ship as a "Deluxe Frigate," and when you purchase a Man of War it lists as a Cruiser. The Purchase ui meanwhile still lists it as a Cruiser or Man of War respectively. I suspect, though the devs could confirm this, that the barter ui is accurate and the ship itself is wrongly labeled due to the scaling of the amenities, the plat cost, and that all of the currently previewable ships have a Windspyre style design on the top deck, making it seem like it is the basic line offered (below decks is nice and orderly though!). At any rate, here is how the ships look on Lamma now. All ships have a top deck and a cargo hold for legacy buffs, so I'll only list the decks on which the new amenities go.

Frigate (MGL 100)

2 Decks

1st Deck contains 2 large hook points and 8 small hook points
    2nd Deck contains 1 large hook point and 7 small hookpoints

Result- 3 large and 15 small

Cruiser (MGL 130)- Lists as "Deluxe Frigate" currently

3 Decks

2nd Deck contains 1 large hook point and 6 small hook points
    3rd Deck contains 1 large hook point and 4 small hook points

Result- 4 large and 18 small hook points

Man of War (MGL 150)- Lists as "Cruiser" currently (this is the double-masted ship some have posted pictures of)

3 Decks

2nd Deck contains 2 large hook points and 8 small hook points
    3rd Deck contains 1 large hook point and 6 small hook points

Result- 5 large and 22 small hook points

Hopefully the Deluxe versions will preview soon. Also, I welcome dev correction if their are any inaccuracies here due to the new ui bug. Hope this helps any of you who are curious like I am!
    I was able to get the deluxe Man-o-war by buying the AS versions only and upgrading for each one. It has 6 large hookpoints across 4 floors and 22 (or 24) small + cargo. Unfortunately most of the large ones are bugged right now for some reason (floor 3 won't place at all, and the ones you place there go to random floors).

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    I really would prefer if the ships had some use for the top deck. On our actual guild ship we have a banker, a tavern, the dummy and some more stuff on the top deck because that is where everyone meets. As soon as you enter the ship you are in a tavern zone where your action boosts and clickies reset and that persists even when you are at the bank or hitting the dummy.

It would be really nice if all the things you interact with such as bank, tavern, dummy, mail and auction house would be placed on the top deck and all the top deck would be marked as a tavern regeneration zone on all ships.
    Yeah I hope they add old hookpoints and some smalls to there. And maybe one large, so we can put the bath house on the top deck somewhere

Community Member StoddardSolomon's Avatar
    Rio de janeiro Brazil ! Best place in the world and you know it =)

Post Hey Stod here

Can I get some concret information about the level of the new ships ? As most know I'm leader of the fastest leveling guild currently active and we'll soon reach 55 even without sagas so I got know if I should save to buy some new lvl 60/70 or what exactly is going to happen.

Any idea when this update will come out ? Also any idea of when is this ridiculous saga "bug" going to stop ?

Why do you think death should be no hindrance at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Again you attempt to muddy the argument. I think we can all agree that death SHOULD be something to avoid. It's just that the new ship buff system is an enormous quality of life fix. I feel that death and the buff system should be SEPARATE entities. If you want stronger death penalties, start a separate thread. Lobby for stronger death penalties, but leave the buff system alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    I'm also surprised that the devs didn't place hooks for the banker, tavern, or other amenities that can't be used with just an 'All Buff' clickie on the top deck. Some of the large hook amenities combine a banker et al. (I don't remember which ones) so this may have been the reason as these amenities take up a good deal of space.
    Hopefully they realize that all the interactive hook points need to be on the top deck.

Buffs .. below deck, activated by the single interface on top deck.. great.. that's what we want...

Interaction hook points like Auctioneer, Banker, Innkeeper, Teleporters.. all belong nicely arranged on the top deck.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by StoddardSolomon View Post
    Can I get some concret information about the level of the new ships ? As most know I'm leader of the fastest leveling guild currently active and we'll soon reach 55 even without sagas so I got know if I should save to buy some new lvl 60/70 or what exactly is going to happen.

Any idea when this update will come out ? Also any idea of when is this ridiculous saga "bug" going to stop ?
    Another thing what is the point of having all this new decoration and a Manowar with 4 sub decks if the one click all buff is on top ? I rather enjoy the "buff trip" I talk to people on the way and help them with the dummy and wave and a lot of fun stuff happens now all that is gone.

If the buffs will stay for hours and even if you die you should make it so people had to do a long buff trip or make it that the buff bar lasts only 1 hour or that it can be used only by pets.

Another thing what is the point of having all this new decoration and a Manowar with 4 sub decks if the one click all buff is on top ? I rather enjoy the "buff trip" I talk to people on the way and help them with the dummy and wave and a lot of fun stuff happens now all that is gone.

If the buffs will stay for hours and even if you die you should make it so people had to do a long buff trip or make it that the buff bar lasts only 1 hour or that it can be used only by pets.
    And one more thing what is the point ? Big ships will be ghost towns couse everyone will go to it click the buff and go out so why make it so fancy if very few will see it

You can still do it if you choose. No need to force your preferred way to play on others.

And actually, if they placed all the interactive amenities on top deck, there is your "social hub".
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Angry More misinformed rage

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    WoW more Buffs,and Not Losing them on Death is over the top...now players have one less reason to learn battle tacticts.You build a character for what? just ship buff and all your worries ........lol what a JOKE! no need to worry what resistances you carry ,potion guy is goin out of business.
    Please read what the changes are first. The resistance buffs are actually being nerfed, and they will no longer replace resists items and spells. It's a stacking bonus that scales according to character level. New players' lowbies will "only" get a +5 stacking resist bonus instead of the current +30. Again: the potion guy will get *more* business.

The new system is awesome.
    Last edited by stoerm; 05-20-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Please read what the changes are first. The resistance buffs are actually being nerfed, and they will no longer replace resists items and spells. It's a stacking bonus that scales according to character level. New players' lowbies will "only" get a +5 stacking resist bonus instead of the current +30. Again: the potion guy will get *more* business.

The new system is awesome.
    Or you could have 35 resist now, up to 45, if you buy old buffs now and keep them in inventory.

Community Member

Fist of all : great job, I love the big button on the top ! I justs whish it would include the cargo's buff (old buff)

Sorry if this was already said somewhere but I didn't have the energy to read the 18 pages
    We checked the guild ship lvl 130

Question :

• We realized that everyone in guild (guild leader, officers and members) can change amenities and uses guild shards to buy new amenities
    • This is not an issue for little guild like mine but can be one with big guild if everyone start changing/buying stuff.
    • Is this meant to be on Lamania for the testing or is this going to remain this way ?
    • How many shards will the amenities cost ?

Bugs :

• When you change hookpoint (examplef from a small one to another smaller) the hookpoint becomes inactive and you have to change floor to reactivate it. If on the way you step on an small hookpoint then it won't work again.
    • Can't buy above 1 : Guild Vault - Shrine to the Devourer - Sign of the Sivler Flame and Stormreaver Memorial - Grand Reliquary
    • Somme Amenities are turned the wrong way when we put them in room then we can't enter and not even reach the hookpoint to change it…
    ABBYdoll : Blond Brain - Huge butt (don't stay behind or you will see nothing)
    ABBYhawk : No Brain - Big Muscles (never trust him)
    Fyros : A noob with a Great Heart (have no expectation and you will be happy)

Community Member

I don't think that nor have I ever posted what I think it should be as I don't believe the game should be built to my personal specifications (FYI, I often solo where rebuffing after a death is normal, as I generally end up restarting anyway in that case). Why do you think everyone should play to yours?

If you were to advocate for a "remove buffs on death" toggle in the options menu, I'd agree wholeheartedly with it. But I can't agree with anyone who seems to feel everyone should have the same motivations for playing as they do.

I don't think that nor have I ever posted what I think it should be as I don't believe the game should be built to my personal specifications (FYI, I often solo where rebuffing after a death is normal, as I generally end up restarting anyway in that case). Why do you think everyone should play to yours?

If you were to advocate for a "remove buffs on death" toggle in the options menu, I'd agree wholeheartedly with it. But I can't agree with anyone who seems to feel everyone should have the same motivations for playing as they do.
    all i'm saying is that there should be some reason to avoid death that is all some negative reason to keep the danger of dying a factor.

and doing it now before getting everyone used to no negative to death is easier than trying to put it in later when they realize it's a mistake to take the danger out
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Looks great! I like the changes. Glad buffs won't trivialize content and even more glad they are going to be permanent!

Well done!

I like that the people who says that buffs wont trivialize content generally mean the resistance buffs.

The only change is now I will carry some pots or memorize the resist spell and have +25 buffs during my low level play as opposed to 30...which then increased to 35 at level 7 opposed to the currently 30...and is straight up better from 11+

So its a net gain all around at the cost of a spell I generally prep in case people die anyway.
    Officer of Renowned

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast