We’re very pleased to announce a significant revamp to our guild airship and amenity systems in Update 22. Let’s get right to the headlines:
- An entirely new and different set of Amenities
- (Don’t worry, the old ones you’ve got won’t be taken away!)
- New amenity buffs aren’t lost on death, will pause in public and on logout, and last much longer in general
- A “buff bar” on the top deck will grant buffs for all installed amenities
- Max Guild level goes to 200
- Six new airships, even bigger than the current six
- Current airships get their lower decks overhauled, to accommodate new amenities
Read on for details…
New Amenity Spaces
You won’t just drop the new amenities somewhere on the floor. When placed, each amenity will fill its space with deco. The ships are laid out with series of “Holds” designed to hold one amenity each. Airships will also feature “State Rooms” – extra-large spaces that could house more ambitious amenities, like a complete Cannith Crafting set, for instance, or all the elemental resist buffs in one place.
Even Holds are packed with value: on average, they’ll come with several benefits. For instance, one amenity holds a mailbox, a banker, and an auctioneer. Another, the Arcane Sanctum, offers Saves vs Enchantments, Max SP, and Spell Penetration bonuses.
And by and large, bonuses are simply better. The single caveat is that where appropriate, buffs now scale to level. In addition, some amenities, such as elemental resists, come in tiers. The very top tiers don’t just offer flat elemental resistances, but percentage resistances instead! Another aspect that’s being improved is duration. As stated above, these buffs won’t go away on death. They’ll start lasting for a couple of hours, and as your guild goes up, that duration will increase.
What about the old amenities? We’ve reserved a special cargo hold for them. Any contracts you’ve got can be placed there and used for as long as they last.
Placing an amenity…
Once placed, an amenity can change the look of a space!
And it’s showtime!
While the upper decks will look fairly familiar (a little larger, freshly swabbed), the lower decks will be entirely new. As mentioned, the layouts will feature “Holds”, extra-large “State Rooms”, and a cargo hold dedicated to legacy amenities. The smaller airships will have one lower deck (plus the cargo hold), while the largest ones will have a two or more lower decks worth of amenities. Naturally, this makes the one-stop buff source on the upper deck even more useful. Where we can, we’re working hard to do one better: for example, if you have the Farshifter amenity installed below, the Captain will automatically offer to take you to Farshifter locations. Other services, like vendors and crafting equipment, don’t really translate to any top deck presence. Our ships are laid out for convenience, though. You’ll be able to place an Orien Express (mail, auction, bank) Hold right next to your Cannith Crafting Stateroom.
And finally, browsing and buying new airships is getting a new face in the form of a UI panel.
Thar be amenity holds… over thar!
Our new engine room. This one runs on eight cylinders.
As mentioned above, the new amenities are permanent. Once you’ve got them, you keep them. Of the 40 new amenity types, you’ll be able to buy about 75% of them for Platinum, directly from your airship.
You’ll be able to obtain the remaining amenities as follows:
1. They will almost all appear in quest end reward lists. A few of these will be rare drops.
2. You will be able to buy them for Astral Shards from your airship
Now the amenities found on quest reward lists will go into your personal inventory, but most amenities will never touch player inventory space. We’ve created a new guild inventory concept, to hold our permanent amenities when they’re not placed. Using an amenity deed from your inventory, on your airship, will move it into that guild inventory space.
The big news is that guild levels are extending to 200. Let’s break out how this will work:
- The Renown XP curve will pretty much flatten after 100*
- Any banked renown for level 100 guilds will apply
- Through a series of tricks, Airship and amenities now unlock, on average, earlier and easier than before
- New airships and other items will continue to unlock through Guild Level 150
- We are turning guild decay on for levels 150-200 ONLY: these are bragging rights levels
- For bragging level guilds, your guild title text will change different colors in recognition of your status
- You’ll be able to find out what the highest ranked guild on your server is
* Fun fact: if we didn’t flatten the Renown curve, you would need a cumulative 4 Billion Renown to reach 200.
Any change as substantial as this comes with more details than we could reasonably fit in a post. Questions and concerns are welcome below. We’ll answer all that we can.