Default Level 16 broken sorcerer

Hi, i recently came back to the game after a hiatus of about 5 years. well, level cap was 16 when i left. Anyway, i have a 32pt human sorc that i think is totally broken. I don't understand the enhancements now and my skills can't be respeced? Is that the case?

So if it is i don't have spellcraft and i'm looking for a quick easy way to spec 16-20 so i can TR. any help would be appreciated.

While Spellcraft does add to your power, you can survive to 20 without it for a True Reincarnation

But if you feel you need to respect you do have some options

Every character receives 1 Lesser heart of wood which will allow you to redo your attributes and skills

It is also possible that you received one Lesser Heart +20 also granted when the Enhancement pass occurred allowing people to redo there character's levels

Now as far as the new Enhancements for Sorcerers are broken down into 4 different elements Ice, Electric, Acid and Fire. The other option is designed for melee.

What I suggest is selecting an element of your choice and pick the tree that corresponds with that element. You may need to switch your spells out so if doing an LR you will get that chance, if not you can pay to replace the spells every 3 days or use Draconic Blood to have 1 hour of free spell exchanges.

w/b

The first time you log in after they did the enhancement overhaul, you have to visit the class trainer to redo your enhancement tree. I made the mistake of believing that you needed to lesser reincarnate to reset enhancements when I came back.

Don't worry too much about the spellcraft. It's not a deal breaker from 16-20. Just work your way through the level 16-17 quests, plus whatever else you want to do (the inspired quarter 18-19 quests are quick for instance) and it shouldn't take too long to reach level 20, other than re-learning the mechanics/systems in the game.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Community Member

Use your +20 Heart and reroll your Sorc into a War Forged Sorc.

Easy peasy, you win.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    Use your +20 Heart and reroll your Sorc into a War Forged Sorc.

Easy peasy, you win.
    Please ignore this person, changing races is only possible with True Reincarnation.

If i lesser reincarnate do i have to start all over at level 1 and loose all my bank slots, inventory slots and favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarren View Post
    If i lesser reincarnate do i have to start all over at level 1 and loose all my bank slots, inventory slots and favor?
    No,

Lesser reincarnating means that you keep your current experience gained, favor rewards, equipment, etc. However, by lesser reincarnating you will re-design the appearance of your character, and spent skill points and feats level-by-level with the same interface you use while normal leveling. Check out www.ddowiki.com and look through the section on reincarnating for even more detail.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

ok nevermind, i was completely oblivious about lesser reincarnation. i found the info i needed, thanks.

Community Member

no.

Characters that undergo Lesser Reincarnation retain their race, gender, alignment and their Class Selections. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feats, reallocate skill points, redo their spell selection, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, and reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation. If they have the Lesser Heart +1, +3 or +5, they can change one, three, or five of their Class Selections. Note that if you have enough experience to advance in level you will have to train that level in game before you can reincarnate. The changes are made in two distinct phases: First, you change your stats and other character attributes and irrevocably accept those changes then you rework the character level by level i.e. you are asked if you wish to change your class at level 1, then at level 2, until you have changed the number of levels you are allowed to by you particular lesser heart of wood.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Lesser_Reincarnation

That said, I'd recommend to play a bit first, perhaps respec a feat, test the new enhancements,.. or find a recent build and copy it. Though many builds currently on forums focus on gameplay on Epic Elite, which is probably not relevant for a new player.