Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Default DDO Bonus Days!

DDO Bonus Days bring you +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now until the release of Update 22!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DDO Bonus Days bring you +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now until the release of Update 22!
    thankyou.

your friend sil

Boo!

PM Promised us it was going to be 20%!!!! Boo!!!

~Stomping feet~

Boo!

B oo!
    Last edited by Impaqt; 05-07-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Ouch - I thought we were getting 20% as well. 20% equates to the loss of Saga... 10% doesn't.

EDIT: LOL - I checked the dev post that I would swear on my mother said 20%... but it and all quotes of it in the thread now say "turning on an XP boost until 22" instead of "turning on a 20% XP boost until 22". Either I have a poor memory, or they covered their back trail of the original promise.

I'll take what I can get, since as this is obviously better than nothing... just think it now falls short of what it was meant to help make up for.
    Last edited by DrawingGuy; 05-07-2014 at 11:09 AM.

So,

Before if I did the Eveningstar saga (eStar Chain 1, Drow Chain 2, and Demonweb Chain 3), I would get about

Assuming 30% Pot, Voice, and Ship Buff (and I am VIP). These estimates might be low, but the point is the proportions, not the total amount.

Chain 1: 100k XP on EH
    Chain 2: 100k XP on EH
    Chain 3: 120k XP on EH

Hard Saga Completion:
    XP Stone worht about 100k with xp buffs.

That's 20-25% of total xp for running all 11 quests.

The XP bump given in lieu of broken sagas should have been 20%. You recognized it as a problem, even if it took you almost 2 weeks, and you've added in a 10% Epic and Heroic XP increase. This totally misses the mark.

Not a single person was complaining about Heroic XP. They were complaining about the HUGE hit to epic XP represented by you breaking the sagas. No one is Epic TR'ing right now. 10% is nice, but frankly your programming error robbed us of more like 20-25% of our Epic TR XP, not 10%.

Personally, I find this unacceptable. It costs you nothing, in programming or development time, to simply make the Epic XP bonus 20%, as it should have been the day the sagas were disabled.

Can you please explain to me or elucidate why you think 10% Epic XP is a fair compensation to your players after you broke sagas, when really, during Epic TR'ing, Saga rewards are much more like 20%?

Community Member

Lets not shoot the messenger now.

I would like to know if the genius who thinks 10% xp makes up for lose of sagas is the same genius who thinks we can get 4200 CoVs by level 28 by running EH once and done.

So, please tell us, who is this genius?

As a consolation prize, can you give us the names of the exploiters who forced the saga closure on us?

We've got lots of torches and pitchforks. We just need to know where to direct our ire.

Thank you.
    Heroes and Marauders || Static Group Thursdays 8-10 ET & Sundays 7-10 ET || Clyyde (wizard/rogue), Meensc (arcane archer), Nynaave (melee divine), , Greantun (arti)
    Former heroes or marauders that we will remember fondly:
    Tagez - famous for running off in the wrong direction but always ending up with one of us unwittingly following him.

Argonnessen: Totalle (16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue swashbuckler), Catteras (20 SORC), Paularubia (18 paladin, 2 fighter sword and board brawler)

Talking

I won't complain too loudly if someone helps me with my "build help thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    So,

Before if I did the Eveningstar saga (eStar Chain 1, Drow Chain 2, and Demonweb Chain 3), I would get about

Assuming 30% Pot, Voice, and Ship Buff (and I am VIP). These estimates might be low, but the point is the proportions, not the total amount.

Chain 1: 100k XP on EH
    Chain 2: 100k XP on EH
    Chain 3: 120k XP on EH

Hard Saga Completion:
    XP Stone worht about 100k with xp buffs.

That's 20-25% of total xp for running all 11 quests.
    I imagine their reasoning is that the 10% also applies to non-saga quests, as well as wilderness areas. Also if you ever ran a saga quest more than once before finishing the entire saga this bonus counts where in a saga it would not.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by impaqt View Post
    pm promised us it was going to be 20%!!!! Boo!!!

~stomping feet~
    you gave us less free stuff than we thought we would get this is outrageous also my caps lock key is broken or something why can't i shout

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    you gave us less free stuff than we thought we would get this is outrageous also my caps lock key is broken or something why can't i shout
    Nice troll attempt.

Turbine broke something. It's entirely reasonable to be unhappy with Turbine for breaking something. They are giving a bonus from now until they (hopefully) fix it. The bonus that they're giving is less than what we lost with the stuff that broke. Being irritated or unhappy with a weaksauce band-aid doesn't make people whiny crybabies as you're implying.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Facepalm. Sagas are easily 20%+ of the total from 20 to 28. You complete each one way more than one time each, netting more than 600k over that journey. And this does nothing to address lost skill tome options, or guild renown for the people who are into that.

This needs to be at least 20% for Epic if you want to "make up" for sagas. The people routinely completing Sagas are Epic, and the section of the game which relies upon sagas to be playable is Epic. Dont throw your epic playerbase under the bus, its the only portion of the game which still has regular consistent activity.

If you need to disable the Heroic portion (since 10% is probably way more than needed for the few heroic sagas) to actually give a meaningful epic portion (20% or more), do so. You designed Sagas to make the epic game function well, and it succeeded, and now its hemorrhaging when theyre turned off for so long. I know two players who have quit over it so far, because they simply cant advance without either losing rewards or losing time, and rather than advance or wait they just gave up from this proverbial straw. Give us an appropriately scaled bonus, and try to get through this.

Sigh. Makes me feel like "do you even epic bro"...

Community Member

Does this 10% also affect COVs like the VIP 10%, Ship buff, VOM, or potions do?

If so I'm suitably pacified.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

ROFLMAO!

I can say the amount is kind of sub par, but not for 'compensation' purposes of not having sagas. I think 20% is just the right amount when offering bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I imagine their reasoning is that the 10% also applies to non-saga quests, as well as wilderness areas. Also if you ever ran a saga quest more than once before finishing the entire saga this bonus counts where in a saga it would not.
    This. Man, people on these forums complain about EVERYTHING...

Thanks for the 10% bonus, Turbine... I really appreciate it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    you gave us less free stuff than we thought we would get this is outrageous
    LOL.. "Unacceptable" was also used. Crazy.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

This is a general XP boost to everything, whereas sagas force you to run sagas specifically and are mostly useful only on the Epic train rather than the heroic.

As far as raw XP goes, this may be more since you avoid the need to run anything that's low XP/min to complete a saga.

Complaining about this is asinine. They did right by the players.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Nice! Thank you.

Thanks to the sagas not working, I get to skip the crucible this life

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    This is a general XP boost to everything, whereas sagas force you to run sagas specifically and are mostly useful only on the Epic train rather than the heroic.

As far as raw XP goes, this may be more since you avoid the need to run anything that's low XP/min to complete a saga.

Complaining about this is asinine. They did right by the players.
    Good explanation. You guys can now skip the bad saga quests with low xp/min ratios.

Plus 10% across all heroic for a month straight is a huge boost compared to just the one heroic saga (heroic GH).

"Unacceptable"... Heh. You guys crack me up.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    Lets not shoot the messenger now.

I would like to know if the genius who thinks 10% xp makes up for lose of sagas is the same genius who thinks we can get 4200 CoVs by level 28 by running EH once and done.

So, please tell us, who is this genius?

As a consolation prize, can you give us the names of the exploiters who forced the saga closure on us?

We've got lots of torches and pitchforks. We just need to know where to direct our ire.

Thank you.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Commendation_of_Valor
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_level

For the coms argument, which was defeated long ago... A 4200 heart is meant to be earned. So here is the maths:
    # of quests at level @ each = sum of coms for reward
    21: 8 @ 12 = 96
    22: 17 @ 15 = 255
    23: 16 @ 18 = 288
    24: 7 @ 21 = 147
    25: 16 @ 24 = 384
    26: 1 @ 27 = 27
    27: 6 @ 30 = 180
    28: 5 @ 33 = 165
    29: 2 @ 36 = 72
    30: 0 @ 36 (capping for math) = 0
    31: 2 @ 36 (capping for math) = 72
    With a base total of 1686 for 1 run of all the epic quests on epic hard. To get your heart, you would need to do 2.5 runs of all the epic quests on epic hard. To get a heroic heart, you need to be lucky and run Epic normal DA 10 times. So in 10 days, I think running those quests 2.5 times is just about possible. So nothing whatsoever for effort has changed.

When you hit epic level, you are doing one of four things: Trying new content, getting to cap to reincarnate, getting loot, working on destinies. If you are planning to reincarnate, you will do the least amount of work possible to get the job done. In this case, you would do what you can handle on EE, then the rest on EH. But if you want to solo it, you can do most, if not all of the above non raids for your 4200. Will you get to 28 before it is done? I think so. But you are at 20 for 10 days grinding tokens for hearts, so again, nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    Does this 10% also affect COVs like the VIP 10%, Ship buff, VOM, or potions do?

If so I'm suitably pacified.

Yes it does. The link about coms should point it out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast