Storm Horns
    (27) 5 x 60 = 300
    MotU
    (21) 4 x 30 = 120
    (22) 6 x 22 = 210
    (23) 3 x 23 = 120
    Haunted Halls
    (28) 1 x 65 = 65

Gives us a nice total base of 2.680 comms.

Now, the thing is that you don't turn any of these in untill you've done them all, drink a 50% pot, put on a ship buff and voice and end up with ~4.432 comms.

Note that you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting 4.200 CoV's if you did all of these on eH.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post

... drink a 50% pot
    I haven't looked lately, but assuming you have to buy it, doesn't the 50% pot cost more than the heart?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    They said you need to run AT LEVEL quests which basically means you need to get 3+ million XP out of:
    I'm still waiting for someone to run only at level quests on EH and see how many commendations they come up with, as opposed to the OP who runs significantly overlevel quests a large part of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to run only at level quests on EH and see how many commendations they come up with, as opposed to the OP who runs significantly overlevel quests a large part of the time.
    You won't be level 28 doing that. You have to repeat quests to get enough exp to get to 28. There is a new post in the forums here where a guy has done something similar. He did most of the quests you are thinking of and ended up with 4.4 million exp.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Alright, here we go;

quest pack (base level) # of quests x #CoV on EE = # of base CoVs acquired

Sentinels
    (20) 3 x 25 = 75
    (21) 1 x 30 = 30
    Carnival
    (20) 4 x 25 = 100
    Sands
    (21) 1 x 30 = 30
    (22) 2 x 35 = 70
    Harbor
    (21) 4 x 30 = 120
    Red Fens
    (21) 4 x 30 = 120
    Druid
    (23) 4 x 40 = 160
    The Vault
    (21) 2 x 30 = 60
    (22) 3 x 35 = 105
    Gianthold
    (24) 11 x 45 = 495
    Wheloon
    (26) 5 x 55 = 275
    High Road
    (24) 5 x 45 = 225
    Storm Horns
    (27) 5 x 60 = 300
    MotU
    (21) 4 x 30 = 120
    (22) 6 x 22 = 210
    (23) 3 x 23 = 120
    Haunted Halls
    (28) 1 x 65 = 65

Gives us a nice total base of 2.680 comms.

Now, the thing is that you don't turn any of these in untill you've done them all, drink a 50% pot, put on a ship buff and voice and end up with ~4.432 comms.

Note that you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting 4.200 CoV's if you did all of these on eH.
    And how much exp is this?
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I haven't looked lately, but assuming you have to buy it, doesn't the 50% pot cost more than the heart?
    No. Looking at the shop right now, the normal price for a 3 hour 50% xp pot is 595 TP, while a heart costs you 1295 TP, slightly more than double.
    However, if you mange to get 2800 cov's per life (+50% = 4200), the difference between 2 xp pots and 1 heart (other heart from cov's) is a mere 100 TP, and if you get less, buying the heart for TP on one life and for cov's the other life is actually cheaper yea.

Note also that when this whole cov thing was introduced, it was calculated that creating a level 1 toon and running him to 20 then hit delete would give you enough TP from favor to outright buy the heart, and still be faster than farming 4200 cov's. To my knowledge this still holds true.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    You are stuck on insisting there is only 1 way with no flexibility which I have already shown otherwise, maybe it is limited flexibility but there isn't enough data shown to support that yet. You avoid every question and stick your head in the sand and dig in without any real contributions to the topic. I am no longer responding to you as you have nothing to contribute. Good day.

I've given you plenty of examples of why your path is not good just because it is possible your refusal to accept mine and others thoughts on the matter is you putting your head in the sand and refusing to accept that anyone plays differently than you and that if they do they're playstyle does not matter.

My insistence is and has always been that it takes a very small specific portion of quests run repeatedly to get the comms per life on eh and your quest list just proves it so thank you for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

You won't be level 28 doing that. You have to repeat quests to get enough exp to get to 28. There is a new post in the forums here where a guy has done something similar. He did most of the quests you are thinking of and ended up with 4.4 million exp.
    I did not say only running them once. I said only running them at level. So you can only run level 20 quests on EH (however many times necessary) until you hit level 21, then you can only run level 21 quests on EH until you hit level 22, etc.

EDIT: Since the only level 25 quest currently is FOT I'll compromise and say that during level 25 you have to alternate between level 26 and level 24 quests to average it out.
    Last edited by Krelar; 05-06-2014 at 11:43 AM.

I didn't run them, but my quest spreadsheet models show that the base number of COV's for a running every quest (including raids) once on EH is about 1675 before any XP boosts, I say about because I made a guess and adjusted for the couple of quests that give XP but don't give COV's. That's sssuming you take every COV and you never get hit by the bugs that cause COV's to not show up when they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Repeat 36 times and you are done.

Let's see I can get maybe three quests in per night. That will only take 4 years of running Wheloon every night. At least they accurately called it a prison.

no that can't be right if you don't have the time to run 20 quests a day his method doesn't work in a reasonable time your point must not be valid you do not matter he is done talking with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

I did not say only running them once. I said only running them at level. So you can only run level 20 quests on EH (however many times necessary) until you hit level 21, then you can only run level 21 quests on EH until you hit level 22, etc.

EDIT: Since the only level 25 quest currently is FOT I'll compromise and say that during level 25 you have to alternate between level 26 and level 24 quests to average it out.
    That would be some good info. I'm not aware of anyone doing that. Are you volunteering?
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

That would be some good info. I'm not aware of anyone doing that. Are you volunteering?
    I may try it, but at my play speed it would likely be 2 months or so before I was done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    Just for clarification, what did the devs state in regards to what quests to run to acquire enough comms? Not arguing, truly asking.
    I don't think that they broke it down into which quests you had to run. They have explained the intention in a couple of posts though:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We took the XP earned by players for all the quests in at each level, 20-28. We divided this "XP/quest" into how much XP is required for each level.

That determined how many quests players would run for each level, 20-28, presuming a variety of quests running EH, at or very close to their level. That distribution of variety and reward for higher level content is something we chose to reward. We were not trying to match existing play patterns across all players. We also don't have an inherent desire to increase the rewards for quests that are already rewarding, usually in terms of XP (which still have plenty of reasons to be run for many characters).

Taking how many quests per level, and deciding one what we thought was reasonable difference between N/H/E, we assigned Commendations Per Quest (per level) and then discovered the target number was 4200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Again, our presumption was running quests at level. Changes are still possible, but we don't consider it a good goal to make Commendation farming identical to XP farming (which is what repeated Vault of Night while level 26+ indicates, when I read it).

We hear the players saying this isn't what players are doing and are considering changes, but our goal is not to make all the best lower level XP quests also the best ways to get Commendations. We're pretty willing to still hear ideas on different possible solutions, but if the result is "Von3 every day and nothing else ever is the best way to Epic Reincarnate!" then we're going to reexamine what's going on there. That's a result we are specifically interested in avoiding. This isn't to say that we want running a single short quest every day to be the best way, either.

It's correct that those would be flawed assumptions. These were not assumed by our analysis in any way. We took all bonuses that players receive into account. As previously mentioned, we used XP that players are actually earning as our source.

And how much exp is this?
    Much less then you need to reach cap.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Default Hamster how do you like your wheel

Much less then you need to reach cap.
    New paint job but its still a hamster wheel .

Quote Originally Posted by DUMBOW View Post
    New paint job but its still a hamster wheel .
    All MMOs are hamster wheels. You have to like farming and never being able to truly beat the game because it is a pass time. You don't beat it in a month and move on to the next game. Why do you think EverQuest is still around?
    Last edited by Turbosilk; 05-06-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

All MMOs are hamster wheels. You have to like farming and never being able to truly beat the game because it is a past time. You don't beat it in a month and move on to the next game. Why do you think EverQuest is still around?
    Ive been using EQ for that very example for years. Theres so much to do in that game there are people who have played it since day one and havent done all of it.

Unfortunately this isnt true for DDO, because there is a contingent of folks who come back after an update, pay to bypass most of the time sync in acquiring gear, then leave again 2 weeks later until the next update. In EQ when a raid came out it took a few months for people to be able to farm it regularly. In DDO people are farming it on day one repeatedly.

DDO was marketed as the anti-grind game for 5-6 years. Given the choice to retain its niche audience, or attempt to compete with other grind games, DDO will survive much longer keeping its niche audience, as this game doesnt compete with real grind MMOs by a long shot. Two weeks after the new raids came out and the power gamers had everything they wanted, and moved on.

Its not even an apples to oranges comparison. The depth of content offered in DDO -vs- EQ is like comparing the depth of a kitchen sink to the maranas trench. This game survives due to custom build options, motion based combat, and alt-itis. In EQ you could have played one character from 1999 til now and still not run out of stuff to do.
    Last edited by Chai; 05-06-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Ive been using EQ for that very example for years. Theres so much to do in that game there are people who have played it since day one and havent done all of it.

Unfortunately this isnt true for DDO, because there is a contingent of folks who come back after an update, pay to bypass most of the time sync in acquiring gear, then leave again 2 weeks later until the next update. In EQ when a raid came out it took a few months for people to be able to farm it regularly. In DDO people are farming it on day one repeatedly.

DDO was marketed as the anti-grind game for 5-6 years. Given the choice to retain its niche audience, or attempt to compete with other grind games, DDO will survive much longer keeping its niche audience, as this game doesnt compete with real grind MMOs by a long shot. Two weeks after the new raids came out and the power gamers had everything they wanted, and moved on.

Its not even an apples to oranges comparison. The depth of content offered in DDO -vs- EQ is like comparing the depth of a kitchen sink to the maranas trench. This game survives due to custom build options, motion based combat, and alt-itis. In EQ you could have played one character from 1999 til now and still not run out of stuff to do.
    You have a good statement here. I have noticed raids are silly easy and not strategically difficult anymore. WoW and EQ raids you could actually wipe in and required sound strategy and execution. DDO is turning into a walkthrough or has.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

I'm not sure why some people poo poo Wheloon and Stormhorns. Those are good quests, good exp, large amounts of comms, and a wonderous item just about every time you complete the chain.
    I agree. Those are good fun quests. I don't do your path, but doing GH and Wheloon and Stormhorns twice per life is not a horrible grind, and gets you most of the way to 4200.

I still think the devs should lower it 3500 or so...

But it's not nearly as bad as some people say... Those are the people who completely avoid Wheloon and Stormhorns (those quests give a ton of comms).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I would like to see somebody run every single epic quest on hard just one time and then see how many comms they have. This was the claim made by the devs, that if you ran every epic quest on hard once you would have at least 4200 comms.
    The devs have said that statement was wrong. It doesn't make sense anyway, because then there would be no point to CoVs at all, if you automatically got enough to eTR by the time you got to 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast