Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Produktion_Malphunktion View Post
    In game bug reporting tool is on the real real soon list. I've paid off some of the lloth worshipers( web devs) on the other side of the building to look at it.

I think I love you. Thanks.

Community Member

Thumbs down

If you play at level, on Epic Hard they drop as they are supposed to. this has been discussed numerous times.
    well i played on en and eh and that drop rate has inspired me to log in ONCE in a month (not to play, but to explain my lack of play to friends) nice work. i cant wait for the next unwanted, half finished, preabandoned system, you guys come up with. at least i now know you are the same producer with different name. congrats on updating (not fixing) the known bug list i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fourrumtest View Post
    well i played on en and eh and that drop rate has inspired me to log in ONCE in a month (not to play, but to explain my lack of play to friends) nice work
    I just don't understand these complaints. The comm drop rates are not unreasonable. Yeah, they're a little worse than I think Turbine intended for a lot of us, because they don't seem to be boosted by things like the Tome of Learning and VIP XP boost, and they don't come from the epic wilderness areas we're more or less obliged to explore and which have some significant XP. Nor do they come from sagas. So most players running quests on just EH won't really have enough comms for a heart by the time they hit 28, even if they never repeat quests and never run below EH.

What I don't get is why some people consider that such a problem.

So what if you have to run quests at cap for a little while to earn a heart? Honestly, it's probably good for the game to have more people sitting at cap for a while -- increases the player pool for endgame content (raids, HH). Once you hit cap and are running high level quests, even just on EH, comms start accumulating really quickly.

And if you need it to go faster, you can just buy a heart. They're not that much. Turbine's not a charity, and hearts are a fine revenue stream. They're just a timesaving measure for players who don't run on EE and don't want to take the time to do the quite reasonable "grind" for comms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

If you play at level, on Epic Hard they drop as they are supposed to. this has been discussed numerous times.
    Umm, no? Me, and several others have posted our levelling results. Playing a wide variety of quests, we do not end up with anywhere near the comms we need. Nice try, former-Major, but no.

And it does not address the issue of the limiting way comms are granted. A lot of content is being marginalized due to the way comms are granted.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    I just don't understand these complaints. The comm drop rates are not unreasonable. Yeah, they're a little worse than I think Turbine intended for a lot of us, because they don't seem to be boosted by things like the Tome of Learning and VIP XP boost, and they don't come from the epic wilderness areas we're more or less obliged to explore and which have some significant XP. Nor do they come from sagas. So most players running quests on just EH won't really have enough comms for a heart by the time they hit 28, even if they never repeat quests and never run below EH.

What I don't get is why some people consider that such a problem.

So what if you have to run quests at cap for a little while to earn a heart? Honestly, it's probably good for the game to have more people sitting at cap for a while -- increases the player pool for endgame content (raids, HH). Once you hit cap and are running high level quests, even just on EH, comms start accumulating really quickly.

And if you need it to go faster, you can just buy a heart. They're not that much. Turbine's not a charity, and hearts are a fine revenue stream. They're just a timesaving measure for players who don't run on EE and don't want to take the time to do the quite reasonable "grind" for comms.
    For me, it's mostly that they PROMISED something else. Run on EH, and by the time you hit 28 you will have enough cov's to buy a heart. That was what they said and what is so blatantly not the case.
    If they'd come out right at the start with "Run EH and have roughly half your cov's when you hit 28" there'd have been some protesting, but at least it would have matched up with what people actually experience in the game. Better yet, they could have said right away the numbers where picked aiming at Run EH till you hit level 30; I'm pretty sure by then people WILL have the better part of the needed cov's (not all of them, they do want to sell some hearts). But they didn't, and kept to vague mumblings, evasions and even ridicule for waaaay too long. It's largely why I don't partake in any discissions on upcoming stuff anymore, apart from the odd remark.

Apart from that, I do feel the drop rates are on the low side (maybe not on EE, but then I don't run EE much beyond Snitch and ID/dun robar), and I do feel burned by having bought lots of greater tomes shortly before the whole cov thing started (and will certainly advice anyone NOT to buy them) but hey. I'll live.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Majmal,

Thanks totally ignoring 4 different people asking the same question about the accuracy of halfling thrower enhancements in the course of replying to your own thread 4x.

I guess that means its erroneous.

Sorry but numerous players have reported otherwise, with numbers to boot. Unless the intended numbers are to make you through 2 full ER lives on EH to get a single heart, because that is pretty much exactly how it's been in my experience (while avoiding the big xp/min quests like the plague).
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Snip.
    I love how you just DISMISS every good question that has been made to you by either replying with 2 or 3 words or just replying sarcastly. See the answer to the drop rate of CoVs (which is STILL not fine but you refuse to address this issue), to the Sagas (where is our make up bonus XP?), to the bannings etc etc.

What's the point of asking you questions if THIS is all we are going to get?

Next questions:

-When are you going to fix targeting issues that popped with the last patch? It's a pretty serious bug. I won't go into details, I sent you a PM with all the links about this issue.
    - When are you going to fix the Temple of Deathwyrm bugs (again in your PMs)?
    - Will you give us Elite gamers any reason to run EE 3BC? You are going away from the tiered loot, which gives us no reason to run ee. Even if you increase the drop loot, Normal is just way easier.
    - Tomes. Will E3BC have +6 tomes as well?. Will you put +6 tomes in the random gen loot table soon? I don't believe they are actually in the table in the EE Raids. So far no reports on even ONE tome. ZERO dropped so far.
    Last edited by Wizza; 05-03-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Maybe this will get an answer: Any changes to Crystal Cove?
    The community update gives next thursday as the starting point, how long will it stay? Any changes/updates/corrections/new additions to the loot? Rednames dropping chests (or maps to chests) ? Anything else?

Greetz,
    Red Orm

New question -

Will the log in DC ever be fixed? DDO is the only game that i know of, that i have to log in twice or use DDO preloader. Also this is the only game that i have to Ctrl, Alt and Del to close the game down because it dosent close down on its own.

Will this ever be fixed?
    Last edited by SirShen; 05-03-2014 at 05:43 AM.

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I love how you just DISMISS every good question that has been made to you by either replying with 2 or 3 words or just replying sarcastly. See the answer to the drop rate of CoVs (which is STILL not fine but you refuse to address this issue), to the Sagas (where is our make up bonus XP?), to the bannings etc etc.

What's the point of asking you questions if THIS is all we are going to get?

Next questions:

-When are you going to fix targeting issues that popped with the last patch? It's a pretty serious bug. I won't go into details, I sent you a PM with all the links about this issue.
    - When are you going to fix the Temple of Deathwyrm bugs (again in your PMs)?
    - Will you give us Elite gamers any reason to run EE 3BC? You are going away from the tiered loot, which gives us no reason to run ee. Even if you increase the drop loot, Normal is just way easier.
    - Tomes. Will E3BC have +6 tomes as well?. Will you put +6 tomes in the random gen loot table soon? I don't believe they are actually in the table in the EE Raids. So far no reports on even ONE tome. ZERO dropped so far.
    the developers are fine with the comm drop rate. Epic hard At level. Looking at raw data, most people run EH over level. It makes a difference.
    Im not going to write a book on some of this. Varaguille has discussed the comm thing...all the way down to the math. Yes, the biggest xp/m quest is not optimal for comms.

Ill check my pm's
    e3bc um...for fun? Check it on lamma next week.
    Tomes...look at history. Tomes seem to always show up eventually.
    targeting.ill investigate.
    crystal cove loot will be adjusted the next time out. So this time is exactly as last year.

ah the promise word appears. There needs to be a discussion about this, when I'm on a real keyboard. I understand the community reaction. I'm not a fan of continuing the sins of the past because someone said something and it became law.
    The rest of the year is about fixing the core game. Enhancements. Combat. Loot. There is new stuff too, but it all aligned with those 3 things.

If the double log thing is still happening plz share. I'm under the impression it is fixed.

the developers are fine with the comm drop rate. Epic hard At level. Looking at raw data, most people run EH over level. It makes a difference.
    Im not going to write a book on some of this. Varaguille has discussed the comm thing...all the way down to the math. Yes, the biggest xp/m quest is not optimal for comms.
    The red is the problem. The developers are fine with it. US - the players - are NOT. Just check the forums a bit. You will find that most of the players do not like the CoV drop rate. And you know what's irritating me even more? The fact that fixing it wouldn't even require that much of work. Drop the number from 4200 to 3200 - 3500 OR add 500-600 CoVs into Saga's Rewards. Done. Everyone happy. Would give a reason to people with finished characters and on a big ship to do more Sagas to get the potions (btw, drop the cost of those potions. They are FRIGGIN expensive and don't do much. Add more potions as well, with a low price). Also, give us more Week end bonuses with CoVs x2. That is a weekend bonus we like, not Challenges reward mats +30%.

Another thing about Week End bonus: why is the +2 loot gone? Why is just a +1 now?

Ill check my pm's
    e3bc um...for fun? Check it on lamma next week.
    Tomes...look at history. Tomes seem to always show up eventually.
    targeting.ill investigate.
    crystal cove loot will be adjusted the next time out. So this time is exactly as last year.
    No doubt E3BC will be fun, the Dev diary looked promising but I asked you about EE. Why should I, an elite player (as in a player that runs EE mostly), go into an EE quest if there are no better rewards, no better XP/Min, no unique loots? The answer is: none.

Tomes: again. If the +6 tomes only show up in 1/5000000 runs on EE, I will just forget about them and buy them from the store (eventually they will show up there), which may be good for Turbine's pockets but it does not make me a happy player. I like to be rewarded for the challenging stuff, I don't want to buy the loot.

ah the promise word appears. There needs to be a discussion about this, when I'm on a real keyboard. I understand the community reaction. I'm not a fan of continuing the sins of the past because someone said something and it became law.
    The rest of the year is about fixing the core game. Enhancements. Combat. Loot. There is new stuff too, but it all aligned with those 3 things.
    Not sure what you are talking about here so I'll just skip this.

If the double log thing is still happening plz share. I'm under the impression it is fixed.
    Still happening. Most of the players resorted to use external means to bypass it (DDO Preload etc). Will let anyone more experienced on this issue talk about it.

*maybe
    Reroll.

PM sent with bug info

Question Still lots of unanswered questions

Meh ... like always the really interesting questions get ignored -.- ...

Would really like to know whether Halfling Master Thrower is fixed internally and that fix is just waiting to get released *somewhen*, or the devs once again think they fixed it because the tooltip claims it works, even though it actually does not. This is such a long standing bug that I had already given up hope that it might get fixed eventually. Now you, Produktion Malphunktion, throw us a bone that might be interpreted as it actually got fixed, but neither confirm that it will actually go live soonish(TM) nor confirm my suspicions that it actually did not get fixed ...

Additionally other players as well as me were asking about other throwing related issues, which also got ignored:
    • Will Ninja Poison get fixed anytime soon?
    • Does that mean that the Ninja Spy capstone is fixed as well (reference to the crit range increase it should grant to shuriken)
    • Does that mean the Kensai enhancement Keen Edge will now work with throwing weapons, especially shurikens as well?
    • (Actually never tested that one myself, but: )Does that mean that Ravager enhancement Critical Rage works with throwing weapons now too? - Might become interesting with Swashbuckler in the works.
    • From the Swashbuckler thread: Does that mean that the threat range increase of Swashbuckling will actually work with throwing weapons too?
    • Does that mean that the Divine Crusader ability Celestial Champion will now grant its +1 threat range increase to throwing weapons as well?
    • Are there any plans to fix force and force burst rituals for throwing weapons?
    • And when I'm already at it: Any chance Cannith Crafting may get expanded/updated? ... its current usage is kinda limited ...

Would really appreciate some information/status update on these topics!
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

and we, the players, have discussed this numerous times. I understand its hard to take some things from the forums as truth, but exaggeration or making up stories isn't something I do on here.. at least intentionally. how many more ways can we say that running at level quests on EH through "normal" leveling wont get you half of the required Comms? this is including adding in xp pots. I was a big defender on the Comms until I pulled out my calculator and put my foot in mouth. than when i did 3 lives changing things up each life leveling "normally" i had to put a halflings foot in my mouth too. obviously you guys have seen and heard the reaction or you wouldn't have added Comm bonuses to xp pots and even briefly adding bonus Comms to quests.

we just want what we were told in the first place. its in my sig. im fine with having 3/4 the needed Comms through "normal" leveling by 28 and having to rerun quests for more Comms, but not when it gets you best case scenario half the Comms needed. right now, it makes no sense to run any Eberron content when Eveningstar/Wheloon give out much more. ever wonder why we talk so much about P2W and disconnects from devs and players? this is why.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Yes, the double log in bug is still very much there, it was never fixed (on my account at least). It takes a very long time to login after starting the PC each time (or logging after its been on sleep mode), gets disconnected. Then the DDO window doesn't close itself, needs to be force shut down using ctrl+alt+del (This happens even after the 1st login). Can login fine after this till the PC is rebooted. I have tested it on different PCs ranging from okay to good gaming ones, and various internet speeds, happens each time.

Good to hear about the other bug fixes and status update on what's being fixed and not. Thank you for that! Look forward to hear more on the 'fixing the core game'.

Community Member

... but I asked you about EE. Why should I, an elite player (as in a player that runs EE mostly), go into an EE quest if there are no better rewards, no better XP/Min, no unique loots? The answer is: none.
    What I think MIGHT be relevant, in a way that'd get at least SOME people more interested in certain EE quests, at least once per life...

Extra favor.

EE granting extra favor over same quest in Heroic Elite would be logical. Certainly more logical than getting maximum favor by running heroic elite at 20 levels over... which I understand is currently possible with some quests already, as I believe you can still enter heroic versions of quests just fine as 20+ level, and get heroic favor if you don't have any epic completions there yet?

Say, one more tier just for EE? Or bump all epics one tier over heroics to begin with, for those quests with both heroic and epic versions, making EH == HE and EE +1 over current elite?

Yes, this'd sort of need for more faction and total favor tiers and rewards to exist, to interest VIPs too.

Or, if the engine allows, make EEs generate both regular favor for elite, AND second-faction favor for a new faction... naming it "Elitists" would probably be a bit too much though... or if the engine doesn't support that directly, make EE end-chests drop extra something that can be turned in for some such, ... or...

Or, since saga reward and mechanics (when they were working) apparently can reward EE since they get extra points for EE completions... what about a hefty increase to the EE saga rewards? Or maybe even separate sagas where EE is the minimum requirement, since quests can belong to more than one saga already?
    Last edited by mna; 05-03-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015.

It's been happening since MotU, every first login if I don't use the pre-loader. I'm not sure what more info you'd need to fix it, please specify, I'd be glad to help. It seems an obvious problem: the initial long loading times take so long while making the client go unresponsive, so the server times us out and boots us.

The red is the problem. The developers are fine with it. US - the players - are NOT. Just check the forums a bit. You will find that most of the players do not like the CoV drop rate. And you know what's irritating me even more? The fact that fixing it wouldn't even require that much of work. Drop the number from 4200 to 3200 - 3500 OR add 500-600 CoVs into Saga's Rewards. Done. Everyone happy. Would give a reason to people with finished characters and on a big ship to do more Sagas to get the potions (btw, drop the cost of those potions. They are FRIGGIN expensive and don't do much. Add more potions as well, with a low price). Also, give us more Week end bonuses with CoVs x2. That is a weekend bonus we like, not Challenges reward mats +30%.
    Also, listen to this man.

Pretty much all the players I know are currently avoiding ERs because it's too grindy, and that's coming from multiple completionists (myself included). It's a grind (xp) bottlenecked by a second grind (CoV), while offering very little quest variety (which is one of the best feature of TR, replaying ALL the quests). There's just not enough content in the high epic levels to keep the grind diversified, or to run the whole ER "at level".

This mechanic should be a player retention system. Some amount of grind for hearts is of course required, we understand that, that's how you can make a profit from it, but it's currently driving players away instead because of how unattractive it is.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    What I think MIGHT be relevant, in a way that'd get at least SOME people more interested in certain EE quests, at least once per life...

Extra favor.

EE granting extra favor over same quest in Heroic Elite would be logical. Certainly more logical than getting maximum favor by running heroic elite at 20 levels over... which I understand is currently possible with some quests already, as I believe you can still enter heroic versions of quests just fine as 20+ level, and get heroic favor if you don't have any epic completions there yet?

Say, one more tier just for EE? Or bump all epics one tier over heroics to begin with, for those quests with both heroic and epic versions, making EH == HE and EE +1 over current elite?

Yes, this'd sort of need for more faction and total favor tiers and rewards to exist, to interest VIPs too.

Or, if the engine allows, make EEs generate both regular favor for elite, AND second-faction favor for a new faction... naming it "Elitists" would probably be a bit too much though... or if the engine doesn't support that directly, make EE end-chests drop extra something that can be turned in for some such, ... or...
    The problem with favor being the EE carrot is that you will have to run the quest once on EE and that's it. No other reason to step in on EE other than the first time.

Favor is not the answer to the EE's carrot. Loot is. Either it being unique loot like Draconic Soul gem or Tomes (with reasonable Drop rates) or tiered loot like GH, Wheloon and Stormhorns' loot.

The EE increased Sagas' Rewards is nice thou. That is IF they put 3BC into a Saga. If not, then it's going to be useless anyway.
    Last edited by Wizza; 05-03-2014 at 09:21 AM.

*maybe
    Reroll.

Community Member

Multiple log in fault is alive and well in my neck of the woods as well. It takes me two sometimes 3 tries to get past 'DDO is not responding', Red disconnect symbol, Disconnected from server etc. And then when I do get in...sometimes there is no sound and I have to quit and start again to get a session with sound!

Just had a server disconnect as I came out of the Tide Turns and have only just managed tog et back in game with sound and movement etc some 20 minutes later

It is painful.

AJ

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast