Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    pft. if you need convincing then you are not ready.

    lol

    Thanks Yoda.

  2. #22
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Energy Criticals is incredibly good for an arcane DPS caster, especially a Shiradi.

    The passive +27 PRR you can get from 9 divine past lives is quite nice, but not worth the grind if you're not enjoying it.
    Good point, for a sorc the energy crit would be worth it.

    As for the divine past lives...can't see it being worth it unless you are really enjoying it...with PRR being meh in EE...I wouldn't do it

  3. #23
    Community Member Cardtrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    As for the divine past lives...can't see it being worth it unless you are really enjoying it...with PRR being meh in EE...I wouldn't do it
    Why is PRR meh in EE?

    AC is meh, because the enemy attacks are so high that they're virtually always going to hit anyway. (Unless you're on a monk build or a well geared sword-and-board build and can really push AC to very high levels.)

    DR is meh, because it's a flat value. DR 10 is great when enemies are hitting for 20 points -- it's a 50% reduction is damage. But when enemies are hitting for 400 points, it's 2.5% reduction, and that's a lot less appealing.

    PRR is a percentage of incoming damage no matter how much the damage is. If anything, I think it's better in EE where the damage amounts are higher. Preventing 30% of the damage of a 400 point hit means preventing 120 points of damage.

    It's just one component of a good layered defense, along with concealment, incorporeality, dodge, and potentially AC for those few builds that can get it high enough to matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

  4. #24
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    I run EE almost excusively, enjoy raiding and not easy quests... Yet I've Epic Reincarnated a total of 4 times across my 9 epic characters.
    It's not something I enjoy, so I don't do it. If you feel you need convienced to do it... Either find people you'll have fun doing it with, or simply don't do it!
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I run EE almost excusively, enjoy raiding and not easy quests... Yet I've Epic Reincarnated a total of 4 times across my 9 epic characters.
    It's not something I enjoy, so I don't do it. If you feel you need convienced to do it... Either find people you'll have fun doing it with, or simply don't do it!
    But that makes far too much sense. Therefore, it can't be right.

  6. #26
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    because there isn't anything better to do in DDO.

  7. #27
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    lol

    Thanks Yoda.
    Much to learn you still have, young padawan. This is just the beginning!
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    because there isn't anything better to do in DDO.
    I heard something about humping halflings in the marketplace. So there's that.

  9. #29
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Why is PRR meh in EE?
    Because mobs hit so hard that even if you reduce incoming damage by a percentage, you're still getting hit very hard and still can't afford to stand still for long. And with bigger numbers the PRR is less likely to allow you to take an extra swing. For example if you're getting hit for 25% less, 300 a swing instead of 400, you're still dying in the same amount of swings if you have 600 HP left. Granted if you had more the PRR would save you for an extra swing but that's less likely to be the case with the big EE numbers.

    If you were in a lower difficulty and reduced this by 25% from say 50 to 37.5, you'd stay alive for 4 extra swings. With the smaller numbers you're far more likely to be saved for extra swings by your PRR.

    And then there's the fact that many attacks (and usually the most dangerous) are magic attacks and aren't affected by your PRR, and that PRR has declining returns so the extra from the epic past lives won't be worth as much if you already have decent PRR.

    And like you said it's still only 1 component of many layers of defense that you need.

    All in all not worth grinding 9 past lives in my opinion.

    I'm not saying PRR is terrible in EE. It's definitely better than AC/DR in EE, but still not great. Not saying I'm right or you're wrong, that's just how I feel about it.
    Last edited by axel15810; 05-01-2014 at 03:01 PM.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Much to learn you still have, young padawan. This is just the beginning!
    But my friends are dying! I can save them!

  11. #31
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    July 2009
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Don't let people dictate how you play. Do it because you want to. Don't do it because you don't want to. You set the value of the "trouble", not others.
    He has not started yet so he can't know for himself, he listens to what others have to say. That's sounds like the normal thing to do.

    Before you buy a computer or another expensive thing, you read the comments of other customers.

  12. #32
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Why is PRR meh in EE?

    AC is meh, because the enemy attacks are so high that they're virtually always going to hit anyway. (Unless you're on a monk build or a well geared sword-and-board build and can really push AC to very high levels.)

    DR is meh, because it's a flat value. DR 10 is great when enemies are hitting for 20 points -- it's a 50% reduction is damage. But when enemies are hitting for 400 points, it's 2.5% reduction, and that's a lot less appealing.

    PRR is a percentage of incoming damage no matter how much the damage is. If anything, I think it's better in EE where the damage amounts are higher. Preventing 30% of the damage of a 400 point hit means preventing 120 points of damage.

    It's just one component of a good layered defense, along with concealment, incorporeality, dodge, and potentially AC for those few builds that can get it high enough to matter.
    Prr is meh because on ee you dont want to get hit and it has diminishing return.
    Your prr doesnt matter if a mob hits you twice on ee, everyone will heal.

  13. #33
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I heard something about humping halflings in the marketplace. So there's that.
    I'm not sharing my halflings with you.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm not sharing my halflings with you.
    FINE!

    I don't want your stupid halflings, they smell like cabbage anyway.

  15. #35
    Community Member hp1055cm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Georgia, US
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Energy Criticals is incredibly good for an arcane DPS caster, especially a Shiradi.

    The passive +27 PRR you can get from 9 divine past lives is quite nice, but not worth the grind if you're not enjoying it.
    The Divine passive +3 PRR EPLF only stacks 3 times so you can only achieve 9 PRR total from the Divine sphere.
    (I am not entirely sure but do believe it will stack with the PDK +3 PRR IPLF; but only for a total of 9 PRR total from all passive PLF sources.)

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Prr is meh because on ee you dont want to get hit and it has diminishing return.
    Your prr doesnt matter if a mob hits you twice on ee, everyone will heal.
    Two characters. The first has reduction of 25% the second of 50%. They both have 1k HP and dodge / incorp / concealment worth .7 avoidance (.3 to get hit).

    Enemies hit for 400, which means that the first gets 300 per hit whereas the second suffers 200.

    What the heck, no need to continue. It does matter. But you should see what you give up for it. If it is a monk in pajamas with 100+ PRR, great. If it is a S/B...meh.

  17. #37
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    The Divine passive +3 PRR EPLF only stacks 3 times so you can only achieve 9 PRR total from the Divine sphere.
    (I am not entirely sure but do believe it will stack with the PDK +3 PRR IPLF; but only for a total of 9 PRR total from all passive PLF sources.)
    You can tr each sphere 9 times, meaning each sphere passive past life stacks up to 9 times, so 9x3 and it stacks with everything.

  18. #38
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Two characters. The first has reduction of 25% the second of 50%. They both have 1k HP and dodge / incorp / concealment worth .7 avoidance (.3 to get hit).

    Enemies hit for 400, which means that the first gets 300 per hit whereas the second suffers 200.

    What the heck, no need to continue. It does matter. But you should see what you give up for it. If it is a monk in pajamas with 100+ PRR, great. If it is a S/B...meh.
    Try to build a char with 50% reduction, you will sacrifice a lot more than that char with 25%, hence why I mentioned diminishing returns.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 05-01-2014 at 04:24 PM.

  19. #39
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    He has not started yet so he can't know for himself, he listens to what others have to say. That's sounds like the normal thing to do.

    Before you buy a computer or another expensive thing, you read the comments of other customers.
    best way to know is to see for yourself. if i listened to half of the things people said to me on the forums, i would be a lemming.

    i never read customer reviews for anything. if i did, i wouldn't have seen some really good movies. if i want to know about a computer, ill talk to a professional and not Joe Smith from Knockemstiff, Ohio.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  20. #40
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm not sharing my halflings with you.
    Yeah tell him to get his own bag.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload