Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 197
  1. #141
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    And I was comparing CoV grind to old epics because, Tokens were not always easy to get.

    Producer Rowan made this comparison himself on the Interview with the Devs. Episode if DDOcast.
    not easy but much easier than the cov grind and you got the best loot chances in the game by earning the tokens win win
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  2. #142
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    you seriously need to step out of your own personal bubble and look at how others play.

    EE is very easy for you and your group of friends it's the same for me and mine but that being said the vast majority of players not only don't play at that level they actually can't play at that level.

    They don't have the best of the best builds that can play most destinies and make each one work.

    Lowering the comms needed or making them a little easier to get would make turbine more money than they would lose from powergamers thinking it's too easy and never buying hearts because the non powergamers are a much larger portion of the playerbase.
    And I supplied a perfectly valid way of gaining the CoV while leveling in EH.

    If There is no work needed to gain a heart they might as we'll be free.

  3. #143
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    And I supplied a perfectly valid way of gaining the CoV while leveling in EH.

    If There is no work needed to gain a heart they might as we'll be free.

    Your way is avoiding any and all quests that give decent xp avoiding any slayers or challenges as well as running the same 8-10 quest over and over and still takes well over 3 weeks to do doing nothing but those quests for 3 weeks.......



    Do you seriously want to use that leg to support your argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  4. #144
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    why would my sig get me banned i haven't changed it in almost 2 years
    I was curious about that sentiment too. My best guess would be that the Shareplz.net link does not lead to a "Free Epic tracker" but actually an advertisement for "cheap Rayban Sunglasses."
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  5. #145
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    And I supplied a perfectly valid way of gaining the CoV while leveling in EH.

    If There is no work needed to gain a heart they might as we'll be free.
    your way is leveling a specific way instead of having everything in the game completely open to us to level how we want to. it means avoiding big xp quests, not taking saga xp until 28, some players like to do slayer and repeat quests for loot, help friends flag for raids or whatever reason. if you want to have 4200 Comms by 28 or soon there after reaching 28, you have to avoid a big portion of the game. im not saying hearts should be free or easy to get, i just want the devs to do what they originally said. yes, i am still holding on to that quote because they still defend it when it is not true at all.

  6. #146
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    I was curious about that sentiment too. My best guess would be that the Shareplz.net link does not lead to a "Free Epic tracker" but actually an advertisement for "cheap Rayban Sunglasses."

    ahh he must not manage the site anymore it used to track the scroll seal shard for the old epics i'll take it out
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  7. #147
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    Your way is avoiding any and all quests that give decent xp avoiding any slayers or challenges as well as running the same 8-10 quest over and over and still takes well over 3 weeks to do doing nothing but those quests for 3 weeks.......



    Do you seriously want to use that leg to support your argument?
    You think I was running the same 8 quests over because, that is what your Math supports but, that is not what I posted.

    I actually ran all saga quests with to flag up the saga XP to jump into the early levels because a lot if my power comes at 23. yes I avoid XP without CoV that's a personal decision because, I do not want to sit at 28 I want to ETR as soon as I cap. many other players I know still run the big XP quests to cap then farm CoV at 28.

    Your 8 quests a day over and over is your fallacy of what I have done to ETR running only EH while leveling.

    You keep posting about 20 minutes average for EE that's not what is happening in game for those who play EE. You think we repels the quests that a long once we do them once to flag saga? No we do the quick big payout quests, I mentioned running daily ID & Rusted. Those 3 quests take under 6 minutes including travel time. And when you do the stuff on EH it's even faster.

  8. #148
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    your way is leveling a specific way instead of having everything in the game completely open to us to level how we want to. it means avoiding big xp quests, not taking saga xp until 28, some players like to do slayer and repeat quests for loot, help friends flag for raids or whatever reason. if you want to have 4200 Comms by 28 or soon there after reaching 28, you have to avoid a big portion of the game. im not saying hearts should be free or easy to get, i just want the devs to do what they originally said. yes, i am still holding on to that quote because they still defend it when it is not true at all.
    That's because, your interpretation of that quote and theirs are different.

    Production said himself that it's possible to gain the hearts Running EH at level. Now what he thinks we do in game and what we do differs from player to player.

    You want yo run the big XP stuff go ahead do all that big XP stuff but, remember to do it in off destiny so when you cap without enough CoV you can swap to your preferred destiny to farm CoV.

  9. #149
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    You think I was running the same 8 quests over because, that is what your Math supports but, that is not what I posted.

    I actually ran all saga quests with to flag up the saga XP to jump into the early levels because a lot if my power comes at 23. yes I avoid XP without CoV that's a personal decision because, I do not want to sit at 28 I want to ETR as soon as I cap. many other players I know still run the big XP quests to cap then farm CoV at 28.

    Your 8 quests a day over and over is your fallacy of what I have done to ETR running only EH while leveling.

    You keep posting about 20 minutes average for EE that's not what is happening in game for those who play EE. You think we repels the quests that a long once we do them once to flag saga? No we do the quick big payout quests, I mentioned running daily ID & Rusted. Those 3 quests take under 6 minutes including travel time. And when you do the stuff on EH it's even faster.
    6 minutes each sure log in no buffs immediately have a group ready to go thats still only a few quests that are that quick on the payouts trial and maze can both be done in under 20 min together too but thats really the extent of the super fast good payouts 160 or so comms in under an hour and everything else takes longer

    so again Average of 20 min per quest in a 2-3 hour time period is too long and that is taking comms every time and not doing other quests that you might like to do
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  10. #150
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    6 minutes each sure log in no buffs immediately have a group ready to go thats still only a few quests that are that quick on the payouts trial and maze can both be done in under 20 min together too but thats really the extent of the super fast good payouts 160 or so comms in under an hour and everything else takes longer

    so again Average of 20 min per quest in a 2-3 hour time period is too long and that is taking comms every time and not doing other quests that you might like to do
    Gianthold every one of the walk ups, pop, cabal, and tor can be done under 20 minutes. Even Crucible if you have a swimmer. That's on EE now if you want to talk EH like the original topic then even less time. Putting up an LFM for full Gainthold saga and starting in on a quest generally fills up before the first or second quest is complete.

  11. #151
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    You guys are highlighting the very issue, by debating the best way to farm another arbitrary currency that was introduced into the game, when the game was advertised for years as the non grind game. You are choosing quests based on what pays out the best CoV over time, rather than playing the quests you want to be playing, which in most cases would result in having to farm at 28 for the heart or pay for it. Its heroic TR all over again - choosing a specific path as a means to an end rather than playing what youd rather be playing for most of your characters life.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  12. #152
    Community Member Turbosilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    tr requirements for a powergamer is 1 night maybe a week for casuals i think that is nicely balanced 2-5 weeks for an etr is not and tokens don't require you to take them over anything else you can still grab loot and guild renown.
    I can't make out what you are trying to say here. This looks like several sentences combined into one. Are you saying powergamers TR in 1 night and casuals do a TR in a week? Then you are saying it takes a casual 2-5 weeks to do an eTR? If a casual can TR in a week (3.8 million exp) how does it take up to 5 weeks to get 6.6 million exp when it is way faster to get exp/min in epic content vs heroic content. Using your logic then you think it is acceptable for powergamers to be completionists in 39 days and casuals in 3 months. If powergamers can TR in 1 night then they can easily eTR in 2-3 nights which means they can get eCompletionist in just over a month.

    When everyone has everything then nothing is special and when nothing in game is special then no one will play the game. If anything I now think TR and eTR is way to easy to achieve now.

    This also isn't a response to my question asking why you aren't complaining about TR tokens.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

  13. #153
    Community Member Turbosilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    so again Average of 20 min per quest in a 2-3 hour time period is too long and that is taking comms every time and not doing other quests that you might like to do
    What quests take you 20 min per quest?

    What is your typical leveling pattern of quests?
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

  14. #154
    Community Member Turbosilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    You guys are highlighting the very issue, by debating the best way to farm another arbitrary currency that was introduced into the game, when the game was advertised for years as the non grind game. You are choosing quests based on what pays out the best CoV over time, rather than playing the quests you want to be playing, which in most cases would result in having to farm at 28 for the heart or pay for it. Its heroic TR all over again - choosing a specific path as a means to an end rather than playing what youd rather be playing for most of your characters life.
    I'm not sure how DDO can be a non grind game with TR, eTR, triple completionist, and ultimate completionist. If you want TRs it's a grind if you perceive playing the game as a grind.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

  15. #155
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    You guys are highlighting the very issue, by debating the best way to farm another arbitrary currency that was introduced into the game, when the game was advertised for years as the non grind game. You are choosing quests based on what pays out the best CoV over time, rather than playing the quests you want to be playing, which in most cases would result in having to farm at 28 for the heart or pay for it. Its heroic TR all over again - choosing a specific path as a means to an end rather than playing what youd rather be playing for most of your characters life.
    Personally I just shift some heart seeds from another character to make up the difference. Playing whichever of my 6 epic characters I'm in the mood to play on any particular day makes it work for me.

    That said, if I didn't have enough it wouldn't bother me to actually pay Turbine something every once in a while to play their game.

  16. #156
    neck deep member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,703

    Default thx for screwing the guild rewards up

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    CoVs do need to be taken a good look at but while it's still this way you guys have to understand that XP is no longer the most important thing in Epics, it's Commendations, we play for CoVs and not for XP.
    we're runnin for what? I dont see why we cant get cov's from smthin besides end reward.So now, if I take some guild rewards along the way ,or maybee a nice usefull whepon drop,I need to run 3x the content to get 4200?wow- liberals taking my choices away ,making a Socialist state is in DDO now?
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

  17. #157
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    we're runnin for what? I dont see why we cant get cov's from smthin besides end reward.So now, if I take some guild rewards along the way ,or maybee a nice usefull whepon drop,I need to run 3x the content to get 4200?wow- liberals taking my choices away ,making a Socialist state is in DDO now?
    How does adding another choice take your choices away? Just looks to me like someone doesn't want choices, they want everything...for free. Kind of like how those socialist states are supposed to work, in theory.

  18. #158
    neck deep member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    [QUOTE=Gremmlynn;5325729]How does adding another choice take your choices away?

    duh,you cant take both choices at the same time...Obvious the COVs and the players need for them, take away from newer guilds takin the renown reward.I have been taking guild renown often again;F the COVs .
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

  19. #159
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    6 minutes each sure log in no buffs immediately have a group ready to go thats still only a few quests that are that quick on the payouts trial and maze can both be done in under 20 min together too but thats really the extent of the super fast good payouts 160 or so comms in under an hour and everything else takes longer

    so again Average of 20 min per quest in a 2-3 hour time period is too long and that is taking comms every time and not doing other quests that you might like to do
    20 min per quest, are you playing a pure bard?
    Only quests that should take you that long are madstone and cruc from the quests in saga, not counting shadowfail because I dont have it.

  20. #160
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Are we at the point again where people tell others how they should play? There is no such thing as how long an epic elite quest should take. That is, because not everyone in pugs got same game experience/gear/whatever.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload