Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Choosing to do thing that grant no CoV that's your choice.

Fun for me is accomplishing goals.

You have to sort out what it is you want from the game and what you need to do to get it done. You want to run explorers and Challenges to ETR. Your going to be short on CoV.

It shouldn't be a choice between having fun and enjoying the game.

Anything you do at epic levels should do something twords etr otherwise it just causes a divide.

sagas should have stacks, on hard a little stack on elite a bigger stack on true elite a bigger stack 50 100 150 something like that for the small saga

Challenges make a new ingredient to turn in mats for comms 3 types of whatever amount = 150 comms give us some kind of reason to run them instead of just leaving another system behind.

Lots of ways this could be done many have been stated multiple times.

Personally i wish comms dropped like challenge mats did based on what you did in the quest breakable, kills, traps, no deaths, and xp pots all factored in and placed comms in your inventory or bag at quest completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post

Anything you do at epic levels should do something twords etr otherwise it just causes a divide.

sagas should have stacks, on hard a little stack on elite a bigger stack on true elite a bigger stack 50 100 150 something like that for the small saga

Challenges make a new ingredient to turn in mats for comms 3 types of whatever amount = 150 comms give us some kind of reason to run them instead of just leaving another system behind.

Lots of ways this could be done many have been stated multiple times.

Personally i wish comms dropped like challenge mats did based on what you did in the quest breakable, kills, traps, no deaths, and xp pots all factored in and placed comms in your inventory or bag at quest completion.
    I wouldn't be against Challenges granting a daily CoV amount on a first time run through like quests do.

Fun is dead when you dumb down a game so much and by taking the challenge out. It's like playing solitaire.

Anything you do at epic levels does do something towards etr. Exp and/or comms.

And while you are at it explain why you aren't complaining about TR requirements? PS I hope your signature gets you banned.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    Fun is dead when you dumb down a game so much and by taking the challenge out. It's like playing solitaire.

And while you are at it explain why you aren't complaining about TR requirements? PS I hope your signature gets you banned.

fun for you maybe there are people i meet in game that have never raided or have not run every quest yet

the game is not all about you i agree that there should be some things that are challenging my guild was the first group along with another guild soulless to beat the abbot while it was deemed unbeatable we practiced for hours for over a month and finally beat it and it was a great feeling of accomplishment.

But i still think of how others play because the game isn't about just me plenty of people don't have the time or effort to be able to dedicate 3-5 hours every day running the same 6-8 quests to maximize cov gain and they should not be ignored.

They should be able to enjoy the game and etr without being forced to buy a heart every life they will never get epic completionist so you can still feel special with that.

Not being forced to buy something will actually make me more likely to buy it because i don't like being forced and i know many others that are like minded.

why would my sig get me banned i haven't changed it in almost 2 years

tr requirements for a powergamer is 1 night maybe a week for casuals i think that is nicely balanced 2-5 weeks for an etr is not and tokens don't require you to take them over anything else you can still grab loot and guild renown.

fun for you maybe there are people i meet in game that have never raided or have not run every quest yet

the game is not all about you i agree that there should be some things that are challenging my guild was the first group along with another guild soulless to beat the abbot while it was deemed unbeatable we practiced for hours for over a month and finally beat it and it was a great feeling of accomplishment.

But i still think of how others play because the game isn't about just me plenty of people don't have the time or effort to be able to dedicate 3-5 hours every day running the same 6-8 quests to maximize cov gain and they should not be ignored.

They should be able to enjoy the game and etr without being forced to buy a heart every life they will never get epic completionist so you can still feel special with that.

Not being forced to buy something will actually make me more likely to buy it because i don't like being forced and i know many others that are like minded.

why would my sig get me banned i haven't changed it in almost 2 years
    You are avoiding a key question. Explain why you aren't complaining about TR requirements?
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

You are avoiding a key question. Explain why you aren't complaining about TR requirements?

rather than be snide i'll ask you to go back and read the post above

rather than be snide i'll ask you to go back and read the post above
    My reading comprehension is obviously off. I see nothing related in your post(s).
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

tr requirements for a powergamer is 1 night maybe a week for casuals i think that is nicely balanced 2-5 weeks for an etr is not and tokens don't require you to take them over anything else you can still grab loot and guild renown.
    2-5 weeks is balanced when you compare to Tokens at initial release and how long it took to farm 20 of them to TR for players of different play styles.

here i'll quote myself

2-5 weeks is balanced when you compare to Tokens at initial release and how long it took to farm 20 of them to TR for players of different play styles.

not even close i tr'd right at the beginning and even before challenges it was 1-2 days to get a token and that was on top of all the best loot the game had to offer at that time.

Community Member

Would I like more COVs? Yes I would.

Do I expect Turbine to give them to me? No, that would take away any incentive for me to buy them.

I understand that if I want to play the game "my way" I have to pay to do so. If I want to play for free, I have to play it the free way, which is likely be a lot more tedious. That's just how the world works.

not even close i tr'd right at the beginning and even before challenges it was 1-2 days to get a token and that was on top of all the best loot the game had to offer at that time.
    Right at the beginning there was a limited number if Epic quests that offered tokens with a once a day timer. The quests were punishing for those who were not fully geared and for most required a full party. It was quite common for casual players to only run the carnival chain once each day until they had enough tokens.

You can get 4.2k covs in 1-2 days too.
    Most of the old epic quests took at least 30 min, and you had to have a good group.
    Idk how many people soloed epics back then, but it was much harder than ee now, also idk if epics scaled then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Most of the old epic quests took at least 30 min, and you had to have a good group.
    Idk how many people soloed epics back then, but it was much harder than ee now, also idk if epics scaled then.
    house p and red fens were quite easy to solo or duo but you could get the tokens to tr much faster no matter how you put it and it got too good with the challenges

not asking to be spoon fed cov's but there is already a gate 6.6m xp and off destiny farming doesn't promote EE runs

it's not for myself that i care about the benefits either i'm not a tr junkie but it's detrimental to the health of the game to be forced to spend money on hearts 3 out of 4 lives.

house p and red fens were quite easy to solo or duo but you could get the tokens to tr much faster no matter how you put it and it got too good with the challenges

not asking to be spoon fed cov's but there is already a gate 6.6m xp and off destiny farming doesn't promote EE runs

it's not for myself that i care about the benefits either i'm not a tr junkie but it's detrimental to the health of the game to be forced to spend money on hearts 3 out of 4 lives.
    it's easy enough to get CoV in game to ETR just have to do the work.

I run EE in any sphere so do my other party members. Yes it gets a bit tougher, people die that is what Rez scrolls are for.

Right at the beginning there was a limited number if Epic quests that offered tokens with a once a day timer. The quests were punishing for those who were not fully geared and for most required a full party. It was quite common for casual players to only run the carnival chain once each day until they had enough tokens.
    old epics were like that, but not before they changed it to c/n/h/e. it was common for players (not just casuals) to run Big Top, challenges and DA on multiple characters getting enough tokens in 1 week max usually. plus there was the incentive to run epics for s/s/s for epic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    doing every lvl 25+ quest on elite base payout is 1895 comms with bonus probably would get you to the 2100 your talking for a 2 day grind.

Thats 37 quests per day on epic elite all level 27+ do you really think thats even possible? thats over a 12 hour session each day with 20 min average quest times and most of those quests take longer than 20 min.

it's easy enough to get CoV in game to ETR just have to do the work.

I run EE in any sphere so do my other party members. Yes it gets a bit tougher, people die that is what Rez scrolls are for.

you seriously need to step out of your own personal bubble and look at how others play.

EE is very easy for you and your group of friends it's the same for me and mine but that being said the vast majority of players not only don't play at that level they actually can't play at that level.

They don't have the best of the best builds that can play most destinies and make each one work.

Lowering the comms needed or making them a little easier to get would make turbine more money than they would lose from powergamers thinking it's too easy and never buying hearts because the non powergamers are a much larger portion of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    old epics were like that, but not before they changed it to c/n/h/e. it was common for players (not just casuals) to run Big Top, challenges and DA on multiple characters getting enough tokens in 1 week max usually. plus there was the incentive to run epics for s/s/s for epic gear.
    And I was comparing CoV grind to old epics because, Tokens were not always easy to get.

Producer Rowan made this comparison himself on the Interview with the Devs. Episode if DDOcast.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast