Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Ah ha ignore the whole bit about EH everything that came before the bit you quoted.
    Sorry, thought it was the same post.

In any case, I've posted my results. Twice. That show nowhere near the comms Turbine said we'd get.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Ah ha ignore the whole bit about EH everything that came before the bit you quoted.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    Mob rule and catering to the QQ crowd makes for bad games.
    its rare that im on the side of the majority of people, but in this case with Comms, i am. hopefully you read more of the forums than this thread and see for yourself that im usually at odds with most forumites because i believe in the best intentions for the game.

Funny you call it limited play style and work around. You know what I call gaining enough CoV to ETR while leveling from 20 - 28 and gaining enough karma to refill my spheres? Efficient.
    you said you run specific quests, which is at odds with the 3x on EH that the devs said after what they said in my sig that you continue to defend, which is not "normal" leveling that the devs also said is how you can get most of the Comms needed by level 28. you found a way that is best for you to earn these Comms that totally contradicts the very thing you defend. im not bashing it, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    you said you run specific quests, which is at odds with the 3x on EH that the devs said after what they said in my sig that you continue to defend, which is not "normal" leveling that the devs also said is how you can get most of the Comms needed by level 28. you found a way that is best for you to earn these Comms that totally contradicts the very thing you defend. im not bashing it, but it is what it is.
    No I found a way to gain enough CoV while leveling from 20-28 on EH and gain full Karma. To me this is normal leveling achieving my goals on the most efficient way I can find.

EH was putting me on target for ~4300 a life which is why I moved to EE. now I have a surplus each life and can run the big XP quests when I want. Still outside of the big XP quests I only run the saga quests once per life on EE to flag the sagas and for CoV then I run my perfered daily big CoV/min quests and a bit of Haunted Halls & The new Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Anything in Eberon don't bother with outside of XP and Gainthold since the low levels produces poor CoV returns.

I also dislike a lot of the old epics from having to run them for tokens long ago also the Shard/Seal/Scroll system I prefer loot to drop as useable epic items rather thanks bits to be collected I never have farmed not will I ever farm a single S/S/S item.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 05-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Sorry, thought it was the same post.

In any case, I've posted my results. Twice. That show nowhere near the comms Turbine said we'd get.
    And I showed you how to do it on EH a number of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    I had to skip an amazing # of feats I wanted to get the feats I have. Not sure I'm gonna survive. And then I had to skip a lot of spells I wanted to get the spells I have.

There are trade-offs in the game? Why didn't anyone tell me until now?

Hyperbole and not the same thing at all the simple fact that it is on an end reward list makes you choose between loot you need comms to tr or the health of your guild and you have to make that choice at the end of every quest.

3 hours a day does not get you tr'd in a reasonable time and you are basically saying avoid over 1/2 the epic content and not running at level quests as was stated by the devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    Hyperbole and not the same thing at all the simple fact that it is on an end reward list makes you choose between loot you need comms to tr or the health of your guild and you have to make that choice at the end of every quest.

3 hours a day does not get you tr'd in a reasonable time and you are basically saying avoid over 1/2 the epic content and not running at level quests as was stated by the devs.
    9 ETR & 2 ITR since U20 pretty reasonable to me.

9 ETR & 2 ITR since U20 pretty reasonable to me.

8 quests at 60 comms each would net you 480 a day that would be 96 days at that rate and still the same handful of quests to equal 60 comms a quest and that was before xp helped comms....

8 quests at 60 comms each would net you 480 a day that would be 96 days at that rate and still the same handful of quests to equal 60 comms a quest and that was before xp helped comms....
    Good thing it doesn't take 3 hours to do 8 quests

Also I've moved on from Eh since EE is easier and XP does effects CoV now so things are much different.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 05-03-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Good thing it doesn't take 3 hours to do 8 quests
    average 20 minutes a quest lvl 26-28 quests all on ee of which there are only 15 because remember running lower than that level seriously makes these numbers worse even 5 comms less a run adds 10 days to that number

average 20 minutes a quest lvl 26-28 quests all on ee of which there are only 15 because remember running lower than that level seriously makes these numbers worse even 5 comms less a run adds 10 days to that number
    I like how you theory craft my CoV gains questing times and leveling patterns my in game experience says different.

I like how you theory craft my CoV gains questing times and leveling patterns my in game experience says different.

this isn't theory crafting it's called using math to prove a point....axer is that you?

20 minutes per quest on EE is a reasonable assumption sure some can be completed quicker but others take much longer i feel like i'm being generous on 20 min per quest average especially considering the 15 quests that would net you 60 comms on average oncludes the 2 new raids haunted halls and brothers of the forge.

Running those quests on eh nets 1/2 that cov number

i can say i feel like i run faster than you but until i can show you my speed and your speed i'm not actually right feeling like something is fine and knowing it isn't because math proves it is 2 very different things.

Still at that rate it is ~8 days a life average and I have a surplus of CoV along with spending time in heroics on the ITR

You think ETR should take less than 8 days at 3 hrs day then?

Still at that rate it is ~8 days a life average and I have a surplus of CoV along with spending time in heroics on the ITR

You think ETR should take less than 8 days at 3 hrs day then?
    no thats your rate of all EE high cov quests each and every day nonstop for 96 days to do the etr's you mentioned the time in heroics doesn't come in to play in that.

at 3 hours a day running on EH thats 16 days+ not every player can log in and have a group ready to zerg for 3 hours all on EE and maintain that 400+ cov per session.

And my point is that you have to take the COV every single end reward list and can't play any other quests you may enjoy because it gets exponentially worse.

Want to run a deathwrym there goes about an hour haunted halls to get one of those new items that would be perfect for your char there goes another hour IF you get it and then you have to upgrade it well that 16 days just turned in to 25 and thats where the problem lies

Not with the powergamers that can hammer out a life in 6-8 days good for them they don't see a problem they wouldn't be buying the hearts anyway the casual gamer that says hey i'll buy one every 2-3 lives because it makes it easier is where the money is.

at 25 or more days they are going to say pfft forget doing etr it's not worth it then there is no money for turbine and less people playing win win right?

no thats your rate of all EE high cov quests each and every day nonstop for 96 days to do the etr's you mentioned the time in heroics doesn't come in to play in that.

at 3 hours a day running on EH thats 16 days+ not every player can log in and have a group ready to zerg for 3 hours all on EE and maintain that 400+ cov per session.

And my point is that you have to take the COV every single end reward list and can't play any other quests you may enjoy because it gets exponentially worse.

Want to run a deathwrym there goes about an hour haunted halls to get one of those new items that would be perfect for your char there goes another hour IF you get it and then you have to upgrade it well that 16 days just turned in to 25 and thats where the problem lies

Not with the powergamers that can hammer out a life in 6-8 days good for them they don't see a problem they wouldn't be buying the hearts anyway the casual gamer that says hey i'll buy one every 2-3 lives because it makes it easier is where the money is.

at 25 or more days they are going to say pfft forget doing etr it's not worth it then there is no money for turbine and less people playing win win right?

Except that since HH was released I replaced that as one of my XP quests and have 24 & 22 completions of the raids. I could add more XP quests and speed things up since I have a surplus but, I saving those maybe do some Zerg lives once I have enough to just mash them out with no worry of CoV.

Asking I have not seen a single item I would take over CoV in all my end rewards. Guild reknown I was taking from sagas

but, that's a bit off topic. The discussion was if it was possible to do EH ETR 20-28 and I showed how I was doing it before I learned the quests and formed a static group for EE. I was pugging EH putting up an LFM and going at it. It was those players who often hit my LFM repeatedly that I formed a static group with. Pre U20 I spent most of my time in heroics since I found no reason to run epics after farming Epic Destinies so I was learning at first in EH. We still pug spots for EE and take anyone who hits the LFM.
    ---
    On topic of OP I agree more CoV would be good but, if you look at what we have for more now.

1)XP bonuses this is nice makes pots useable for those who use them. I only use free ones.
    2)CoV drops in Thunderholme. Not as awesome but, nice little something while the raids are filling I invis run through the explorer looking for rates last go I pulled 6 rares + the hidden trapped chest. Out of them I pulled 14 CoV. Not worth effort to farm but, nice little treat when you happen to get some.
    3) side chest at the end if Deathwyrm drops CoV ~20 average maybe just a guess there
    4)maybe I'm dragon chest In HH but, I am not 100% on that
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 05-03-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Community Member

You complian there is not enough.

I think thier is plenty haven't had a single issue.

Play style is the separation here you can adjust or continue to complain but, f CoV are too easy to get then store sales die so there has to be some balance point.

All the tables, stats, and any other math you use does nada unless you implement what you've learned in your gameplay.
    There are not enough sources of CoV in the game. Going by a recent thread started by Produktion_Malphunktion, he has stated that to get enough comms when you hit cap, you need to quests at level on EH. That is basically telling me at level 27, I must only run the stormhorns and nothing else... Yeah, that's kind of going to get boring pretty quickly.

And again, you rather go on about my game play style. Ok, let's do this. I love explorers, I listen to the story, I enjoy wandering around looking for trouble, I run the challenges. Yet for me To complete the task set by the devs, I must avoid all of these and some how lose my greater tome of learning xp boost that get's me to level quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Relem View Post
    There are not enough sources of CoV in the game. Going by a recent thread started by Produktion_Malphunktion, he has stated that to get enough comms when you hit cap, you need to quests at level on EH. That is basically telling me at level 27, I must only run the stormhorns and nothing else... Yeah, that's kind of going to get boring pretty quickly.

And again, you rather go on about my game play style. Ok, let's do this. I love explorers, I listen to the story, I enjoy wandering around looking for trouble, I run the challenges. Yet for me To complete the task set by the devs, I must avoid all of these and some how lose my greater tome of learning xp boost that get's me to level quicker.
    Choosing to do thing that grant no CoV that's your choice.

Fun for me is accomplishing goals.

You have to sort out what it is you want from the game and what you need to do to get it done. You want to run explorers and Challenges to ETR. Your going to be short on CoV.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 05-03-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast