Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Will there be any new guild airship designs in 3BC?

Rather than destroying the airship will there be an option to take command?

Will the airships have chests to loot or amenities?

Can the anchors or ropes be attacked/destroyed?

Would you consider adding ballistas from Frame Work to shoot players onto attacking airships?

And this looks fantastic... I want this NOW!
    Last edited by PuppiesAndRainbows; 04-30-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    This would be my prefered method too. Make items that have three tier upgrades. Have the unupgraded item drop on normal, have the tier 1 drop on hard and the tier 2 drop on elite. The upgrade components would drop all the difficulties but have varying droprates depending on the difficulty.
    Having three tiers would help ensure that the components are still useful for those running elite.
    This... actually I could stand this as a system, even with my grind aversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Could we make the explorer area a raid? If nothing else, it sounds like it would be a fun guild activity (or pug) to run around with a bunch of people taking over pirate ships, you know when a person gets tired of grinding quest (it could be looked at as an alternative to how PvP is in many PvE games, aka something to do in down time).

Otherwise, if teleporters are present, how often are people actually going to be passing through the explorer in a way that they are intercepted by ships?
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

So if im reading this right, does this mean 3BC will have more than just dialogue changes when it comes to doing epic-level adventures in them? I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed that Gianthold had only those kind of changes...well, besides the new explorer points, of course, those were nice.

Some answers to questions:

Yes, there'll be new epic treasure. They won't be different tiers of treasure by difficulty, but drop rates will likely be different on each difficulty. We've been vetting the new treasure with the player council. It won't be too long before that's ready for feedback from the full player base.

Yes, we want to revisit the XP settings of the 3BC dungeons on heroic mode, as well as give them new XP settings on epic.

Great idea on a saga that connects Sentinels with 3BC. We're tentatively planning on adding that for U22.

Yes, some of the new guild airships appear as rares on the landscape.

A note on Yuan-ti: they actually live in the jungles of Xen'drik. They'd be one of the normal monster you'd expect to encounter while exploring the jungled areas of 3BC.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowowl View Post
    please make this into a SAGA with the sentinals chain it would be really nice to have more SAGA's (assuming you can get them working again)
    and as a SAGA it would likely be more people would be interested in it
    1000 times yes to more sagas.

Looking forward to E3BC.

Now let's see some meaningful loot. We have not had any new Rune arm in a while Epic Hand Cannon?

Make the XP worthwhile and this will be a solid update.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post

Yes, there'll be new epic treasure. They won't be different tiers of treasure by difficulty, but drop rates will likely be different on each difficulty. We've been vetting the new treasure with the player council. It won't be too long before that's ready for feedback from the full player base.

Yes, we want to revisit the XP settings of the 3BC dungeons on heroic mode, as well as give them new XP settings on epic.

Great idea on a saga that connects Sentinels with 3BC. We're tentatively planning on adding that for U22.

A note on Yuan-ti: they actually live in the jungles of Xen'drik. They'd be one of the normal monster you'd expect to encounter while exploring the jungled areas of 3BC.
    This all sounds surprisingly good, EXCEPT:

No incentive for running EE. This is a mistake that keeps getting made.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

I like the saga idea and I like the revisit xp in heroic 3BC, but if I plan on playing them in epic than I will just skip them during heroic leveling.

that's fine if there are no tiers for epic loot, but what is the incentive to run EE? the standard to loot farming is hard difficulty. will there be an actual reason to run EE besides a few more Comms, 1% increased chance at named loot and another place where Monkchers and Blitzers can dominate the game?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Which is why i was careful to say 'known to DDO'. I completely accept that Yuanti are a valid eberron monster, but they have never been mentioned before and now they're suddenly on 3BC? This warrants some kind of backstory. Even if its an npc commenting 'don't know where the bloody things came from, but ever since that rift opened in Stormreach all kinds of strange stuff has been coming through here on its way somewhere else. Some of it sticks around, I guess'. Or 'Damn things arrived on a ship from eastern Xendrik, stormed their way out of the docks and headed into the hills. I hope they stay there, filthy snakes.'

You know? SOMEthing.

Edit: suggestion if you can't afford to pay enough writers* - hold a player competition for the most convincing backstories with TP rewards as part of the weekly newsletter - maybe something will come up you can use? On the understanding that you don't owe them anything beyond the competition reward of course, all rights transferred etc.

*this is not meant as passive/aggressive sarcastic as it sounds. I swear. Also, even if it was, community engagement is never bad. Or shouldn't be, sometimes I do wonder if we deserve it...
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 04-30-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Having given this a little more thought, 3BC is a great place for an airship raid type scenario.

Let's see how creative you all can be, and really script in the airship scenario w/ the quests.

Maybe this would be a great time to add some pzazz to that underwater maze explorer "Elusive Bounty". And make a new Red Named to go there.

Lots of possibilities w/ 3BC, hope you can overcome the 3BC "suckks" stigma.

As stated by others, I hope the loot is done properly, and not something we can go buy on the AH.

p.s. Epifying vale would be better still.

Very glad to hear this. Now spread the word with the loot dev(s) to take the feedback from the PC and the full player base very, very seriously. Justly or not, the dev team has a BIG hole to crawl out of regarding loot, and any inclination the devs might have that they know better than we do on this issue needs to be seriously questioned.

Also, while I don't mind using increased drop-rates as the primary incentive to run elite content, keep in mind that epic elite difficulty is a BIG jump from epic hard, so there should be a corresponding BIG jump in drop rates. 5% chance on EH vs. 8% chance on EE isn't a sufficient jump if it takes three times as long (and five times as many resources) to run on EE.

Finally, please continue the trend started with Thunderholme of having named loot/ingredients drop in explorer zones. It sounds like a lot of work is going into the explorer area here, but we'll need a damn good reason to even bother fighting those amazing looking airship battles you've been slaving away on.

Excellent. XP is the other main carrot for rerunning quests, and you all have been moving in a very productive direction with this lately. Keep it up!

Beautiful. We could use another wave of sagas, especially for Eberron content. MOAR!

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see the amount of negative reaction this got. The yuan-ti are nicely designed, they're a classic D&D foe, and are far more setting-appropriate than, say, the endless streams of hobgoblins and kobolds we encounter in Xen'drik. Even more importantly, they've been pretty underutilized so far, so they make for a change of pace from much of the other content.
    Last edited by dejafu; 04-30-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see the amount of negative reaction this got. The yuan-ti are nicely designed, they're a classic D&D foe, and are far more setting-appropriate than, say, the endless streams of hobgoblins and kobolds we encounter in Xen'drik. Even more importantly, they've been pretty underutilized so far, so they make for a change of pace from much of the other content.
    I also agree with this, I don't want anyone to feel that I disagree with or dislike Yuanti or Harpies being there.

I just want to feel like there's a reason for them to be there that you can find out in game - these are intelligent enemies, even the Harpies in limited fashion. They shouldn't just 'be there' for the sake of it when we haven't encoutered them in Eberron up to now either real time or chronologically, given that DDO's 'timeline' goes in level order.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

That looks pretty cool. I'm one of the ones who love 3BC (although it's admittedly been a while since I was out there) so I've been looking forward to this. And now I'm even more looking forward to it! Two questions:

1) Will Garl's Tomb still be a double-dip quest where you have to run through, return to town, go back, and run again, or just a single mission?
    2) Those grappling hooks look like they'll do some nasty damage to anybody who's in the area when they hit. Will they? (I kinda hope so... especially if there's some kind of warning to indicate you should MOVE NOW)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Thanks for your information on this. I'll give it a few runs. What's the general ML right now for the quest? Low, middle or high? Because right now the high end quests are anemic and badly needed for those last levels after 25.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    This all sounds surprisingly good, EXCEPT:

No incentive for running EE. This is a mistake that keeps getting made.
    IME, players capable of running EE don't need more incentive; they run EE because they can. The extra Comms and XP are nice, though.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

They won't be different tiers of treasure by difficulty, but drop rates will likely be different on each difficulty.
    Haunted Halls Epic Elite runs are very, very rare. The wind blows that it is because this treasure mechanism discourages epic elite.

Does the Player's Council share this view?
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I also agree with this, I don't want anyone to feel that I disagree with or dislike Yuanti or Harpies being there.

I just want to feel like there's a reason for them to be there that you can find out in game - these are intelligent enemies, even the Harpies in limited fashion. They shouldn't just 'be there' for the sake of it when we haven't encoutered them in Eberron up to now either real time or chronologically, given that DDO's 'timeline' goes in level order.
    Epic 3BC takes place later in the timeline. Yuan-ti have moved into 3BC since the events of the heroic CRs. It's not unlike how Aztecs might expand their borders once their rivals are out of the way - in this case, the sahuagin. The sahuagin retreated to the Thunder Sea in the face of pirate and adventurer attacks. The Yuan-ti would naturally want to push out the pirate settlement, as they're recent invaders compared to the thousands of years that Yuan-ti have been fighting for territory, back & forth, with the other natives of Xen'drik.

Epic 3BC takes place later in the timeline. Yuan-ti have moved into 3BC since the events of the heroic CRs. It's not unlike how Aztecs might expand their borders once their rivals are out of the way - in this case, the sahuagin. The sahuagin retreated to the Thunder Sea in the face of pirate and adventurer attacks. The Yuan-ti would naturally want to push out the pirate settlement, as they're recent invaders compared to the thousands of years that Yuan-ti have been fighting for territory, back & forth, with the other natives of Xen'drik.
    OK, lore is one thing. Actual players getting attracted to the higher difficulty settings is, in my opinion, a much larger and more pressing issue.

We NEED an incentive to run EE. Right now, we can easily ransack all the gear out of haunted halls, temple of deathwyrm, and fire dragon raid until we get everything we want and that's the end of it. We don't need to touch EE aside from personal interest.

Big problem. Stop repeating this mistake, it cheapens your content.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Something I'm not entirely clear on is the degree to which you'll be changing the heroic version of 3BC, the wilderness area in particular? And are you doing epic versions of existing 3BC loot which will be upgraded from the originals or is your epic loot going to be entirely separate items? Personally, I'd like to see an epic version of the scrag longbow as well as some of the other items. The loot from 3BC is actually pretty good for the level, some of it anyway, and it would be nice to see some epic upgrades.

Then again, if the epic versions were only good for levels 28+ I'd be much less interested.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast