Thread: Gaming Tables

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Gaming Tables

I found this site looking for something else. I like the simple elegance of this gaming table. Of course, I would make my own if I had the space for one. I still haven't started the DDO stand up video game (think Gauntlet size but controls for only player) yet. The site below has other neato stuff as well. Maybe someday I will give them a nice design for dove tailed LP holders/carriers made from wood and see if they would make me a dozen or so.

http://www.geekchichq.com/

In RL we break out the board games after the dinner. Who's in the mood for some Simpson's Clue or Star Wars Monopoly? A few rounds of Boggle anyone?

I know what your thinking, that table screams Warhammer, but it would be moar rightous for DnD in my opinion or that all out Axis and Allies battle to the death!

I like the lip around the edge to keep your dice off the floor. We play LOTR Risk (and DnD/Pathfinder of course), so I wonder how the vibrations are when rolling... elves can go flying into unintended territories when a board is on the wrong surface.

That company often has displays during conventions, and I know a lot of us have drooled over these tables during PAX/PAX East, Gen Con, etc. I know someone who has one, and yeah, it's very good for D&D, RPGs, and tabletop games.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I've known about their website for some time, but their prices are way too scary for me. My normal dining room table has done great all these years.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

My biggest beef with tables in general is how little space they offer to group gaming. I like the drawer configuration though. Would need to demo it. Wish their site showed the dimensions.

Luckily work allows me to come in and run games.

When I was just out of college we made our own table out of a simple old trestle table ($10 at the flea market) and a slab of MDF (I think it was 8' x 4' and maybe cost us $20).....We then used a jiffy marker to put a large grid in the middle of the board and had a sheet of mylar (so some other see through markerable thing) and could draw at will all over the grid. It wasn't pretty but it was very functional and very big.....great for 6 big sweaty DND geeks.

Oh and it was easy to put away - just lift off the board, set against wall - fold up table, set against wall - room reclaimed.

All in maybe $50 - we spent more on snacks/pizza/beer the first night we used it.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    When I was just out of college we made our own table out of a simple old trestle table ($10 at the flea market) and a slab of MDF (I think it was 8' x 4' and maybe cost us $20).....We then used a jiffy marker to put a large grid in the middle of the board and had a sheet of mylar (so some other see through markerable thing) and could draw at will all over the grid. It wasn't pretty but it was very functional and very big.....great for 6 big sweaty DND geeks.

Oh and it was easy to put away - just lift off the board, set against wall - fold up table, set against wall - room reclaimed.

All in maybe $50 - we spent more on snacks/pizza/beer the first night we used it.
    Pretty good idea. For a while I did the projector thing. That was fun until the projector bulb burned down.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Linger and eat vs play

I don't have the space for one, but that you a really nice table to have. Some have drink holders.

I use my kitchen/dinnig room table, but some folks want to linger and eat and drink and others want to get down to business and play games.

You got my brain in motion. If I needed a surrogate table I can make 2 sawhorses and find a flat solid core door to plop down on top of them. Even better we could play out side next to urban campfire.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I don't have the space for one, but that you a really nice table to have. Some have drink holders.

I use my kitchen/dinnig room table, but some folks want to linger and eat and drink and others want to get down to business and play games.

You got my brain in motion. If I needed a surrogate table I can make 2 sawhorses and find a flat solid core door to plop down on top of them. Even better we could play out side next to urban campfire.
    IF I ever had the disposable income to buy one from the website, Sultan all the way. LOL I love the individual cubbies for players (especailly since we have one jerk who is always trying to steal other peoples dice). But since not likely to happen, dining room table in winter and backyard in summer. We're currently threatening the dm with playing in the pool if its' as hot this summer as it was cold in the winter here.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    My biggest beef with tables in general is how little space they offer to group gaming. I like the drawer configuration though. Would need to demo it. Wish their site showed the dimensions.

Luckily work allows me to come in and run games.
    When you place your order you can choose the dimensions of the table.
    According to their website one of their other tables (The Minimalist) can go up to 8ft in length!
    I would imagine this one would be similar.

Nice Table!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Smile

They are at GenCon every year. You should see the tables in person, drawers everywhere, each one customized for the purchaser, amazing.

Also, beautiful! Nicely crafted. They feel very heavy and solid, even when riddled with custom cabinetry.

Then I notice that one of them is $16,000.

And I wander off and go look at some dice or something that I might be able to someday actually afford.

I'm a big fan of pool tables myself, they have a nice felt and border perfect for all your gaming needs. Used them for years!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

We have a friend with a fairly wealthy father that fuels our weird gaming whims so there was plans to get a decked out Vizier from them...until we found out how frwaking big it is....it was a few inches to big to get into the basement, so we got a slightly smaller board room table and used the extra money to get some cushy office chairs instead of kitchen chairs, a bunch of minis/painting materials and other unrelated things.

I've also seen them at conventions their freaking awesome and if I ever get a place big enough I'll definately be picking one up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    I'm a big fan of pool tables myself, they have a nice felt and border perfect for all your gaming needs. Used them for years!
    Nice! Does your DM allow use of the pockets for trick dice rolls? For example, could I save vs a fireball, if I can roll a hard bank shot into the side pocket?