Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I think more would agree if armor and shields weren't basically just flavor choices and if the weapon limitation meant more.
    I disagree that armor and a shield are flavor...that said though the damage mitigation should be improved with them. But to say they are only a flavor choice is not accurate.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    8/2 fighter/monks are all the rage.
    With archer class?

I dont like 8/2 as much. I am tryin 8/2/10 (with paly being 10) this life but normally I prefer 10 monk or 12 fighter. But I dont go pew.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    I disagree that armor and a shield are flavor...that said though the damage mitigation should be improved with them. But to say they are only a flavor choice is not accurate.
    Close enough to being accurate for even the "baked in " disadvantages to using them (max dex/dodge bonus, armor check penalty, tying up the off hand) to more than balance not using them that the advantages of being centered makes it an easy choice and evasion just adds icing to the cake.

Still not a flavor choice- either you have to wear a dress or you wear armor. Its not a thing about adding flavor its about what you are. Thats what I mean by this. Flavor means you just do something to do it for a change. If you are wearing armor its because you are an armor wearing class not because you just said the hell with evasion and dodge that you should have as a monk.

See what I mean?

Now you may argue wether there is any advantage to wearing armor over not wearing it and the answer is simply yes. If you are a class that doesnt get the bonuses from playing in your pajamas then you put on armor. There is a great advantage to wearing armor over wearing cloth when you dont get any bonuses for it. And vice versa, if you are a class that wears a dress then dont put on armor (as you loose your dodge, evasion, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    8/2 fighter/monks are all the rage.
    So my 11 ranger 8 fighter 1 monk 2WF (heavy picks) [manyshot IPS centered master of forms dance of flowers] is okay ? no rage at all?
    Aezechiel (Caster, 14th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (High saves evartie, 4th life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (sorcerer 4th life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (Vistani knife fighter, 2nd life) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    So my 11 ranger 8 fighter 1 monk 2WF (heavy picks) [manyshot IPS centered master of forms dance of flowers] is okay ? no rage at all?
    only rage if your not using Deathnips

http://ddowiki.com/page/Kensei_enhancements#Tier_Four

Weapon Group Specialization: You gain +1 to hit and damage with one handed weapons and repeating crossbows, and +1 to hit and +2 damage with two handed weapons and non-repeating crossbows.
    AP Cost: 2 Progression: 20 Requires: Weapon Group Specialization (Tier 3), Greater Weapon Focus with at least one weapon type of your Focus group.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Greater_Weapon_Focus
    Prerequisite: Fighter (level 8) and Weapon Focus in a specific weapon type

I don't see what the problem is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    only rage if your not using Deathnips
    I am, and I'm Halfling with DMs
    Aezechiel (Caster, 14th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (High saves evartie, 4th life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (sorcerer 4th life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (Vistani knife fighter, 2nd life) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12