Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LFM Tags

Community Member

Generally I've found BYOH doesn't just mean bring your own healing, but a requirement for general self-sufficiency as well. Many of my heal-capable characters would avoid them due to this.

Other tags you can sometimes see are:
    "Blue bar only" or "Casters only" - often during events like crystal cove or Mabar due to the advantages they have there.
    s/r/e - Slayer/Rares/Explorer used for wilderness areas. Often to distinguish from running the quests in those areas.
    "Walk-ups" or "side quests".
    "2/5" or similar indicating that the group is on a certain quest in a chain.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I usually just type "TR Elite Streaking".
    Have had pretty good luck with that. Shows I am a TR and will be running Elite's for BB and Elite streak. Get the occaisional PUGtard, but more often than not, get fairly competent TR's and groups roll fast and smooth.
    My group's are typically BYOH, and hires are never allowed except for when there is a stat rune for an optional (i.e. Tear of Dhakkan) that nobody can get.

Worse case scenario, carry their stone to the end and kick them after they recall.

yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Community Member

Added #chain, #sre, #?/?

I didn't add #casters as I forgot between reading and editing, however I wonder, would this be desired or would you just only select the caster classes when creating the LFM?

Thanks so much for posting - it is very useful as I am returning to the game, but never had a char more than lvl 8. Thanks.

and I've had terrible luck with lfms - Now I know how better to look with these abbreviations

This is my mode of play given I'm playing through most of the content for the first time:
    elite nozerg group nodeath obliteration hires-ok

Don't know how lucky I'll be with finding like-minded players
    Last edited by bohemian3; 04-29-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Default Wha?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    No weaklings.
    So you're soloing from now on?

BOOM!
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    I didn't add #casters as I forgot between reading and editing, however I wonder, would this be desired or would you just only select the caster classes when creating the LFM?
    No idea. Its just something that I've seen on LFMs occasionally, usually during Crystal Cove.
    I'd guess that they used that note rather than adjusting classes since there are so many multiclass characters around at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post
    So you're soloing from now on?

BOOM!
    Why from now on?

elite BB byoh nohire nozerg allopts dontdie f2p

EDIT: I forgot "+dragons"
    Last edited by Wanesa; 05-07-2014 at 05:51 AM.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian3 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting - it is very useful as I am returning to the game, but never had a char more than lvl 8. Thanks.

and I've had terrible luck with lfms - Now I know how better to look with these abbreviations

This is my mode of play given I'm playing through most of the content for the first time:
    elite nozerg group nodeath obliteration hires-ok

Don't know how lucky I'll be with finding like-minded players
    It works to just say new player doing this and that quest. I'm on 25th life on argo so my quest pace is fairly high, but if I know someone isn't used to the quest I don't mind going slower, some people actually like playing with new players. Other then that, the player base that still pugs seems to be fairly small lately so lfms not picking up isn't necesarily your fault.

Community Member

What do people think about a #learning tag for either leader is new to the quest or is willing to teach others?

Personally, I also don't think we need hashtags, but whatevs. LOL

#new = new to the game/content, so expect slowness. (instead of #learning)
    #invis = using invis to bypass mobs
    #div = divide the group to handle multiple steps of the quest to cut completion time down.
    #1st = first time leading the run.

What do people think about a #learning tag for either leader is new to the quest or is willing to teach others?
    There is such a large difference between a leader that wants to learn and a leader that wants to teach, I think you're better off using separate tags. Say, "learning" and "teaching"...
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Ftl? No thanks. It's a given, follow the leader is he's competent, ignore him if he's not.
    Fth? Again, no thanks. Aside from not having a hjealor, they're meant to follow me! Rawr! (something something heal me)
    Group? Psh. Never seen it, wouldn't care if I did.
    Byoh/Byohe? It's just BYOH, hires are down to party leader, ask before you drop them. I'm not going to specify in regards to hires anyway, it's case dependant for me.
    Obliteration? Hah. No. Why would you even state that?

Honestly, the only ones to know are: Flower sniffing, zerg, BOYH, BB and IP.
    And no, no spamming #. That just looks messy... and makes me think of a 13 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by ArekDorun View Post
    lose the #.
    This. You kids keep your damn hashtag nonsense off my lawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

"Elite - IP" seems to be conveying what I'm generally doing. I don't think having to put "#byoh#zerg#BB#p2p#?/?#IP" would be any more clear. Plus, if I see anyone using "#" in their LFM I'm going to assume they are a child and I will be avoiding their LFM.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    This. You kids keep your damn hashtag nonsense off my lawn.
    What's a hashtag? That's the pound sign. Unless you're in England and then it's the number sign.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

we play muliplayer game. obviously.
    people should communicate. people should not assume others are able read their minds.
    pretty often i join some "blank" lfm with only quest, level and difficulty set and then, after a while leader start to whine - this not good, thats not right, do this, do that, do all that way. it is right to leader set rules. but that should be done before quest, best option is lfm comments. zerg/no zerg/fast/all opts/no opts/byoh/hirelings allowed. it is so simple. because if comments are blank, i assume it is ok to do quest as i see best. not listen whinings "ooh, we should stay together, where are you, i do not see you on map, why do you do not break barrels, why you leave monsters alive" etc.
    speak. or write. that is part of leader role to set rules, not assume hes party members are some kind of oracles. because default is zerg, get max xp min or at least fast completions. do not like it? fine, but speak.
    Last edited by Lallajulia; 06-26-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    quaerite primum regnum dei.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Thought of this yesterday and started using them when posting LFMs. After talking about LFMs and what people typically put in their LFMs to get a good response, I thought it might be interesting to try to have some common tags people could use for posting LFMs to communicate what they are looking for. These are some that I thought of... Love/Hate/Ignore at your whim, ^_^

<snip>

I really like the idea of identifying preferences in LFM's. These are all great for experienced/semi-experienced players. Would suggest keeping it simple so people understand what all the tags mean.

Would be really nice if there were some options in the screen used to create the LFM to choose group preferences (click a check box for "x" option)

Nice list though!
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I like the concept, but people wont look up unfamiliar abbreviations.

Stick to the basics.

One that I would like to see more widely known is

"BSS"

Be Self Sufficient

I usually end up using BYOH because thats what people recognize.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    No, byoh is not vague. It stands for Bring Your Own Healing. Healing does not mean hireling. The "H" does not stand for hireling. Some group leaders do not mind if you bring a hireling, but some do. This difference is the reason why bringing a hireling is not the accepted standard. You even state in your reply that players will ask if they can pop a hire. If they have to ask, then it is clearly not the standard. If it was the standard, then there would be no need to ask in the first place.

I have only encountered this misunderstanding (i.e. someone joins a byoh group and pops a hire without asking) among newer players. So please do not distribute misinformation to new players. The standard is byoh does not include hirelings. If you want to differentiate the two then make it clear that byoh does not include hirelings and add byohha - bring your own healing hirelings allowed.

I find it funny that you tell the rest of us not to use byoh when you are the one trying to change its meaning. If you want to create a list like this (and I'll admit it can be useful to new players to understand some of these), then you need to understand what the community means by them, not just create your own meanings and hope they catch on. If you're creating your own meanings and encouraging new players to use them when the rest of us don't use it with the same meaning, then you are not helping them at all and will only make it more difficult and frustrating for the two to group.
    This is why I've stopped posting byoh groups and moved on to "all welcome". It distances me from the byoh elitists and prevents the hjeal-me-now nannybot addicts from painting me as a bad person because I don't promise healing. All welcome means.... you come, try, we'll figure it out. Raise scrolls are cheap and I'm easily amused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast