Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Make heal potions more useful

Could we please have the caster level of each heal potion equal the user's level? If this isn't feasible, how about a barbarian enhancement that makes heal potions caster level equal character level? Also, adding cure critical wounds potions would help.

This game really needs better potion options. They are way too dated for our 28 lvl cap.

Community Member

But there are better potions. You just have to spend real money to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    But there are better potions. You just have to spend real money to get them.
    Sarcasm senses are tingling.

Yeah, so let those be more effective too . They aren't exactly fantastic either.

Healing potions are designed for low levels, not level cap... You can even collect a bunch of Soverign Healing potions from daily dice (or just buy them), but there's a looooooong way to go from here to self-healing...
    A lvl 28 toon should count on Cocoon twist, heal scrolls or a dedicated healer.
    Sad and tough reality... XD

wait for it. people will come in here and say to build something else with better self sufficiency and you are doing it wrong. some will even say they are afraid to allow barbs better self healing options and link 2 videos of 2 barbs soloing a couple EE quests and say all is fine.

believe me, ive been pushing for better potion options for a long time and gotten into many an argument about it. the devs im sure are well aware of these concerns so its up to them to react appropriately now or keep letting the game be pigeonholed into a handful of builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    Could we please have the caster level of each heal potion equal the user's level? If this isn't feasible, how about a barbarian enhancement that makes heal potions caster level equal character level? Also, adding cure critical wounds potions would help.

This game really needs better potion options. They are way too dated for our 28 lvl cap.
    dou have any heal amp? u cold get +10 +20 +30 heal amp just from items, and they stack. i could easyely get silver flame pot heal me over 600 also pally passlifes, even little postion can do quita a bit if u have decent heal amp
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by nolifer1 View Post
    dou have any heal amp? u cold get +10 +20 +30 heal amp just from items, and they stack. i could easyely get silver flame pot heal me over 600 also pally passlifes, even little postion can do quita a bit if u have decent heal amp
    30(human) , 30(item), 20(item),15(3pally pl),10(item) = 256 amp (28x w/10% ship)

So all some decent amp takes is 3gear slots , 3 past lives , have to take a single race (and a level 20guild)
    For still sub 100pt CSW pots and 300ish point SF pots (a bunch of favor)
    -------

Don't get me wrong I love me some heal amp , I have a heal amp based monk that rolls with lesser vamp wraps but trying to do amp on anything but a pally or monk or some combo of the two really isn't a good option. Too much investment for too little reward.

Silver Flame Potions + Healing Amplification or buy Bladeforged.

The other option is to roll a drow barbarian. See, if your max hp was around 350 or so, getting healed for 300 from a silver flame pot would seem quite good.

Community Member

Get 400 Silver Flame favor and score some Silver Flame Healing Pots for healing. Yes there are some drawbacks, but overall the work well in a pinch. You get 100 or 250 hp per pot, add some heal amp to the mix and win.

My first 2 lives on my main were barbarian. WF first, then Horc. Your options are to use a hireling, silver flame pots, or build into something that has better healing options. I chose the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    wait for it. people will come in here and say to build something else with better self sufficiency and you are doing it wrong. some will even say they are afraid to allow barbs better self healing options and link 2 videos of 2 barbs soloing a couple EE quests and say all is fine.

believe me, ive been pushing for better potion options for a long time and gotten into many an argument about it. the devs im sure are well aware of these concerns so its up to them to react appropriately now or keep letting the game be pigeonholed into a handful of builds.
    The game is the game. You can play it how it is while trying to improve it or you can just beat yourself to death trying to force the game to be what it isn't. Currently, CSW and even CCW don't hack it in high level heroic or in any epic content for my playstyle. So in the meantime, I play builds that work with my playstyle that don't require effective pot healing.

Are we really talking about Silver Flame pots for a barbarian? Don't really want to be in the same PUG with a barb who's to stand still for 30 secs just to avoid being killed by SF pots' drawbacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Sisma View Post
    Are we really talking about Silver Flame pots for a barbarian? Don't really want to be in the same PUG with a barb who's to stand still for 30 secs just to avoid being killed by SF pots' drawbacks...
    SF pot drawbacks can be negated with resto pots not really a big deal at all

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    SF pot drawbacks can be negated with resto pots not really a big deal at all
    incorrect. nothing removes the drawbacks from SF pots.

Adapt or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    incorrect. nothing removes the drawbacks from SF pots.
    Maybe you should do some in game testing then

Community Member

Or maybe you should...

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    Or maybe you should...
    No need

i thought something was changed so i actually did log into my barb and tested it for myself before i responded to you. check for yourself and see there is nothing that removes the SF penalties.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast