Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a question.

I have been considering using Shadowdancer for an ED that I frequent for tough content. If you are a pure 20, It seems that you lose less than you would if you had an 18/2 split, plus you would still have evasion and other defensive goodies from SD. You would lose out on int due to twisting in DC boosts instead, also lose spell pen and durations (caster levels). But it seems that for some EE content this would be worth considering, especially if grinding martial PLs.

Anyway, just looking for further insight into this, as I often miss something important when doing comparisons.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by fool101 View Post
    I have a question.

I have been considering using Shadowdancer for an ED that I frequent for tough content. If you are a pure 20, It seems that you lose less than you would if you had an 18/2 split, plus you would still have evasion and other defensive goodies from SD. You would lose out on int due to twisting in DC boosts instead, also lose spell pen and durations (caster levels). But it seems that for some EE content this would be worth considering, especially if grinding martial PLs.

Anyway, just looking for further insight into this, as I often miss something important when doing comparisons.
    While I did enjoy Shadowdancer while grinding out my martial ETR's (Consume is very fun), I can't think of any content I would swap to it for normal play.

Evasion is nice, but as long as you are aware of your surroundings it is really not required, and the loss of spell pen can hurt you in more content than you might realize (ideally you want mid 40s spell pen even when not doing Drow content).

For me personally, I run in Draconic for almost everything, and I run a pure 20 wizard. I was just mentioning an 18/2 split as an option for people who really want evasion (it costs -1 DC, 1 feat, and likely PWK).

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    While it is not for me personally (I like my wizards pure.. and not wild mages ) -- Eth's suggestion is a good solution to the red/purple named dps problem. You can also drop 2 levels of wizard for either 2 monk (saves+evasion) or rogue (traps+evasion) for a bit more versatility.

If you have the gear to make it work you will be okay in most content (mid/low-60s DCs if you go Shiradi and a 18/2 split) -- for EE GH and Stormhorns you will need to spend more time debuffing for your spells to reliably land.. but if you are looking to mostly solo, it is a better layout, as you can't count on the other party members to deal with the red/purple named for you.
    I put pug most of the time, but sometimes nobody join and I'll solo the quest...so can be a problem..

Eth suggestion is kinda nice, maybe I will try it.

PM life just for few Iconic/epic tr, and I wil do storm on EE once per life, so that's not much of a problem.

Really appreciate your help guys, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12