Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I was wondering when I'd see her pop up
    I'm kinda shocked that I missed this until just last night. O.o I couldn't even find the thread with a quick search and had just seen images in people's signatures and wanted to try and see if mine worked now. XD
    (I've been kinda busy in RL, it's my busiest art time of the year which takes away from a lot of my play time.)

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Luadrilae wins again
    ^_^ I've had this picture waiting around for at least a year just hoping picture signatures would happen someday. XD If the trial turns into a permanent feature I'll probably wind up changing my sig now and again for fun. (Ooooh! I even have a mudflap style pic of Phae that I made, it would work perfectly resized for a signature.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    +1

It is awesome! This is why I love signature images, it allows people to be creative and be more unique.

Stoner81.
    I really hope some more artists start making character signatures. They're super fun, and really great in these types of forums because it showcases the RP side of the site.
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Images should be no larger than 150 pixels high, and no wider than 400 pixels wide.
    I must object, you gotta allow the raptr signatures, I think they're weighing in at 453x125

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    I must object, you gotta allow the raptr signatures, I think they're weighing in at 453x125
    feel free to object to the size restrictions but that doesnt mean you should do so by breaking the rules (points to sig image)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    feel free to object to the size restrictions but that doesnt mean you should do so by breaking the rules (points to sig image)

LOL, didn't I see you speeding on the 401?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkastik View Post
    You raise a valid point; I know some folks here like Raptr (and similar services.)
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

A little bit bigger picture allowance would be great! If you need to cut it down after you could have an image limit and then a certain number of lines after limit on top of that (like 2-4 or such).
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Community Manager

All right, I've now upped the limit in the OP to allow for a width of 450 pixels (and I don't plan to worry about a couple extra pixels, it's mostly a matter of clearly too-large images.) This is being done to allow Raptr users to use their signature images, but applies to everyone. The height of 150 remains, however.
    Join us on Twitch!

All right, I've now upped the limit in the OP to allow for a width of 450 pixels (and I don't plan to worry about a couple extra pixels, it's mostly a matter of clearly too-large images.) This is being done to allow Raptr users to use their signature images, but applies to everyone. The height of 150 remains, however.
    Will any limits be applied to multi quote signatures?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Will any limits be applied to multi quote signatures?
    It's something we're considering, but as stated earlier, since there are only a couple of folks with exceptionally-long signatures, we'd prefer that people self-regulate rather than impose stricter limits, such as removing the ability to place a quote in a signature, or limiting the total character limit allowed in signatures.
    Join us on Twitch!

It's something we're considering, but as stated earlier, since there are only a couple of folks with exceptionally-long signatures, we'd prefer that people self-regulate rather than impose stricter limits, such as removing the ability to place a quote in a signature, or limiting the total character limit allowed in signatures.
    I tried turning off sigs, but there are enough people around who leave useful guide links in sigs that disabling them all outright impaired my forum experience, there's a balance to be found somewhere that should be agreeable to all parties.

See here an example now where a combination of a graphic and 2 quotes means his signature takes up more vertical space than his posts.

I understand the hesitation, and it seems you may have helped some of the worst offenders already, I thank you for that. It doesn't have to be hard coded or a rule, but if you make it an official guideline it should help people moderate themselves.

Ideally I'd like to see some sort of guideline added, where people have to choose a picture or a quote, or a guideline in place that sets a maximum vertical pixel allowance for signatures.

Because, self regulating signature images worked out so well.

There already is a Charicter and line limit built into the forum and those with long multiquoted digs are bypassing the limit.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Well I do know of a person with an exceptionally long signature section who reduced it from six quotes to four in the last week or two, so there has been some self regulation recently.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Well I do know of a person with an exceptionally long signature section who reduced it from six quotes to four in the last week or two, so there has been some self regulation recently.
    Heck, I'm waiting for embedding of flash or video, honestly. Granted I've no idea if there is any filtering to stop that.

Nice, thanks!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Uhhhh?...not sure what your referring to, this is the first time DDO sigs have been available (aside form the turbine ones) and there's been little to no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

I think you should only be able to have one account free, and the rest you must pay for per IP. This would help secure accounts and connections....as well as limit abuse to in game economy. If not VIP, then at least some kind of buy in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123