Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Swashbuckler

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    I think that was why he named it the "Archon of Impossibility" because its an impossible combination.
    Yeah, I monday'd some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I can not recall exactly the dev post that stated this on lammania, but I believe that over 100% doublestike actually can benefit a player and you can attack 3 times or more with over 100% e.g. if someone had 200% doublestrike they would attack 3 times every attack.
    Hmm I maybe wrong. That post might have been about how have 50% doublestrike works or something of that like. Dev clarification would be nice.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Default Ah, those Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Yeah, I monday'd some of that.
    :-) I hope you had a great day since then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]Blow By Blow:
    1. Multiselector: Melee or Thrown Attack: Make an attack with +(1/2/3) critical threat range that deals extra Sonic damage, and reduces your threat with nearby enemies. This sonic damage scales with Spell Power.
    Why not just bump both? Assuming you bump one-handed fighting feats, it is still going to be a stretch to make a decent toon with lots of DPS. Instead of selection, why not just bump both for versatility?

[*]Multiselector: Insults
    1. Scathing Words: Activate to reduce the Fortitude saves of nearby enemies by 3. (Costs Spell Points, moderate cooldown)
    2. Cutting Jibes: Activate to reduce the Will saves of nearby enemies by 3. (Costs Spell Points, moderate cooldown)
    3. Appalling Diatribe: Activate to reduce the Reflex saves of nearby enemies by 3. (Costs Spell Points, moderate cooldown)
    Honestly, this is the only thing that I think is outright dumb. Taunts reducing will and fortitude? Really? I’d think if I was a big burly Hobgoblin I’d be more inclined to run over there and tear you face off than be somehow “stricken.”

I think what you should do with these is change them so that each causes a type of confusion: one similar to blinding, another one similar to charm, and a third similar to maybe fear (I’m reaching here) or deception, and all of them based off of your CHR / Perform.

Lastly…you know, this would be a PERFECT class to somehow make Sap relevant again.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Also, I strongly recommend that the SWF feats add to attack speed rather than doublestrike/throw, as the current 1 handed speed is kinda slow for a fencer, and there will allready be to much doublestrike on SWF with certain builds as is (can break 100%).
    I agree that boosting the one handed attack speed (along with some one handed weapon only doublestrike), kind of like with Druid in wolf form will be a good way to go.

Out of curiosity, how are people able to break 100% doublestrike currently? (looking for specifics, math, all that fun stuff). Obviously thinking that this excludes very limited boosts like Celerity, and Doublestrike Action Boosts, since characters aren't judged by what they are able to put out for a few seconds at a time. The Fighter capstone and Druid animal feats would be moot points as well since Swashbuckling doesn't work in animal form and you obviously can't have any levels of Bard if you have 20 levels of Fighter.

Gonna rephrase my question: Are the characters that are able to briefly eclipse 100% doublestrike at all relevant in the discussion of what Bards will be able to achieve when it comes to Swashbuckling doublestrike?
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 04-28-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Duelist is a PnP PrC in 3.x which is explicitly geared towards SWF with no armor; they also gain a bonus to AC based on INT the same way monks get one based on WIS. Although not explicitly a swashbuckler PrC, duelists have obvious synergies with the base class, particularly given the feat pre-reqs.
    I really like the notion of "Precise Stike" in the article you linked. It needs to be bumped up in power to be not quite as powerful as assassinate, but fairly close IMHO. It should be more difficult to execute, but when it lands only Victor Montoya should be able to keep fighting.

I still think SWF is going to suffer vs a boss though (because of red and purple name rules).
    Last edited by Cardoor; 04-28-2014 at 07:13 PM.

This is more of a general bard comment.

One of monk's powerful abilities is higher than average DCs. Sonic spells do weak damage but they often have useful crowd control effects. Those effects work well at first but become pretty much useless at higher levels currently. I think you could provide Bards with a larger than average enhancement to sonic spell DCs (higher than sorc or wizard DC boosts) without breaking the game or imbalancing. I would not consider a major boost to Bard sonic DCs to be over powered and I think it would parallel nicely with stunning fist, etc.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I agree that boosting the one handed attack speed (along with some one handed weapon only doublestrike), kind of like with Druid in wolf form will be a good way to go.

Out of curiosity, how are people able to break 100% doublestrike currently? (looking for specifics, math, all that fun stuff). Obviously thinking that this excludes very limited boosts like Celerity, and Doublestrike Action Boosts, since characters aren't judged by what they are able to put out for a few seconds at a time. The Fighter capstone and Druid animal feats would be moot points as well since Swashbuckling doesn't work in animal form and you obviously can't have any levels of Bard if you have 20 levels of Fighter.

Gonna rephrase my question: Are the characters that are able to briefly eclipse 100% doublestrike at all relevant in the discussion of what Bards will be able to achieve when it comes to Swashbuckling doublestrike?
    I was thinking about how divine crusader would work with swashbuckler. Look at it in relation to this enhancement tree and you will see doublestrike possibilities. On many bosses short bursts are very nice - just think about how potent manyshot is. A melee version of manyshot would be interesting game mechanics wise.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Once you get "Resonant Arms" in this tree, any ability that increases the critical threat range of your weapon, whether it be for that one hit or as a permanent benefit, becomes more useful. Then, once you combine that with "Harmonic Resonance" from the Fatesinger ED, it becomes even more powerful.

Swashbuckling: Defensive Stance

Is this exclusive to other stances, like Stalwart Defender?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

can you multiclass druid with bard? I see you can have both as true neutral so no alignment problems? Wonder if this stuff would work in animal form? And how it would mesh with druid enhancements?

Also how many named bucklers do we have to choose from?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 04-29-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Still waiting on info about SWF feats, and I strongly recommend that this pre grants them to the bard for free, as they are the most feat starved class in ddo.

If you are looking for suggestions for SWF, I believe we should see a mix of attack speed, fort bypass, and crit boosts. Swf'ers should be precise attackers who crit more than any other combat style. The attack speed boosts aid in the visual play of this combat style (1h animations seem rather slow for a swashbuckler or fencer). Fort bypass ensures crits on fort immune mobs.

Lastly a crit enhancer will ensure frequent crits (rather than heavy crits like what some are asking for).

So here we go:
    SWF. Attacks bypass 15% fort, attack speed increased by 15%, +1 unique bonus to crit range
    Iswf attacks bypass 30% fort! attack speed increased by 25%, +2 unique bonus to crit range
    Gswf attacks bypass 45% fort! attack speed increased by 40%, +3 unique bonus to crit range

Attack speed buffs may possibly adjusted, depending on dps output to match crit range increase. This needs to match dps of TWF and THF, it should not be inferior. I do not think SWF should add a ton of doublestrike, as we need 3 unique combat styles=

TWF= lots of attacks
    THF= aoe damage
    SWF= lots of crits
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Wow, instead of throwing bards a bone you're making them:
    be in defensive stance
    make it obligatory for them to use a buckler (worst shield in the whole game)

That's just so wrong on so many levels.

Making the weakest class even more weak, great job in developing this Varg!
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post

Fighters can get a very high doublestrike:
    15 Kensia capstone (don't take Kensia tier 5)
    9 epic pl
    3 GMoF twist
    10 divine crusader ed (here you get the crit range boost missing from kensai)
    12 dragon raid belt
    6 Kensia cores
    8 shield feat
    7 shield twist
    25 stalwart tier 5 attack (can keep this up about 90% of the time)
    =
    95% doublestrike

If SWF adds more doublestrike this will go over 100% easily! and so should effect attack speed instead. SWF needs to have a seperate feel than TWF which adds a lot of attacks. I think it should do so be adding a lot of crits.

Remember SWF isn't just for bards. It would be very stupid to add a new combat mechanic that only one class can use. It needs to offer a value able option for any meele build.
    Last edited by Delacroix21; 04-29-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Duelist is a PnP PrC in 3.x which is explicitly geared towards SWF with no armor; they also gain a bonus to AC based on INT the same way monks get one based on WIS. Although not explicitly a swashbuckler PrC, duelists have obvious synergies with the base class, particularly given the feat pre-reqs.
    This is the one I was talking about:

http://static.annarchive.com/files/Drmg073.pdf

Link is a PDF of Dragon Magazine Issue 73.

Community Member

Default Swashbuckling doesn't go with animal form

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    can you multiclass druid with bard? I see you can have both as true neutral so no alignment problems? Wonder if this stuff would work in animal form? And how it would mesh with druid enhancements?

Also how many named bucklers do we have to choose from?
    In the OP Vargouille already states that you can not Swashbuckle in animal form. Off course the rest of the enhancements could/might work, but I am not sure Bard is all that interesting for a druid to splash/mix

As for named Bucklers, I think its only one (1) - the Swashbuckler from the Crystal Cove event (http://ddowiki.com/page/Swashbuckler)

On a different note, is this post from 2010 (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2662998) the inspiration for the swashbuckler as presented :-)
    Last edited by Nascoe; 04-29-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: added - buckler info

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    As for named Bucklers, I think its only one (1) - the Swashbuckler from the Crystal Cove event (http://ddowiki.com/page/Swashbuckler)
    ^ This. It does come in level 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20 versions, and isn't all that hard to farm up at least a basic version... in those short & rare periods of time that the event is active. The Duelist's Leathers armor from the event will also be good for this PrE due to the high Max Dex Bonus and thus high Dodge cap. I was hoping that we would see it open in March again like it did last year, but that did not happen. My guess is that Turbine will schedule a Cove event shortly before the Epic TBC release to get us all in the pirate mood. I am also assuming that the itemization in eTBC will include at least a higher level epic buckler, or I will have to do a giant :facepalm: at the missed opportunity.

I can't decide if I am hoping for or dreading the idea of a Sonic runearm to support the unusual Bard/Arty mix they are suggesting. What drove that idea? If this means that Runearm use is going to become a selectable feat (either specifically for Bards as LeoLionxxx suggests or just for anyone) then it could be interesting, but otherwise I'd say that Arty is a weak splash pick for Bard and vice versa. Technically splashing Arty 2 on a Bard gets you trapping skills, Magical Training, and Runearm use, so on the surface an Arty splash isn't absolutely ridiculous. However you can get Magical Training fairly trivially as a Bard through enhancements and Runearms are questionable without a deep investment in the Battle Engineer PrE tree, whereas Rogue 2 gives you Evasion. There's really no competition there at the moment.

If the devs really want rune-using Bards to be a viable option, they will have to amend the Battle Engineer "Weapon Training" line with a third choice for "Finesse Training" that will buff the same weapons as the Swashbuckler tree. Ideally this would be a little damage plus mild improvements that align to whatever the SWF feats end up looking like, as with the current "Hand and a Half Training" option that buffs THF use of DAs and BSes. I rather like this idea, although the movement penalty of using Runearms seems like it will be awkward fit for the "feel" of Swashbuckling and the loss of Evasion is going to hurt a lot (as usual).

Edit: I forgot that Runearm damage scales with Artificer level. My momentary excitement is reduced.
    Last edited by Caprice; 04-29-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Facts >> Imagination
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I think you could provide Bards with a larger than average enhancement to sonic spell DCs (higher than sorc or wizard DC boosts) without breaking the game or imbalancing. I would not consider a major boost to Bard sonic DCs to be over powered and I think it would parallel nicely with stunning fist, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    That's just so wrong on so many levels.
    Making the weakest class even more weak, great job in developing this Varg!

Now here's a secret. Bard are the more OP class in all DnD IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT (TM) -> meaning you know nothing john snow, I do. And same with DDO. Otherwise how could you explain they have the crappiest PrE AND the crappiest ED ? (and by crappiest I mean weak not very well designed AND unfun)

I've always been a bard lover and from time to time, since its first release, you could find a guy in a game convention who tried to make you believe that in fact, no, it's not a broken class, it's the most powerful ever IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT (TM) -> meaning you know nothing john snow, I do. And here on the forum there used to be a couple of those guys who could make walls of text to explain how game-breakingly OP Spellsong vigor is IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT (TM) -> meaning you know nothing john snow, I do.
    Last edited by Nédime; 04-29-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Thanks for sharing.
    I play bard 95% of my play time. Tried different play styles - thf, ranged, twf, spellcasting. Dex based twf bard is my main bard, so this PrE is similar to my needs. I played it from 2009 when there were no dex to dmg, so I dont care about max dps thing - but I like to be able to kill when I'm farming/soloing.

Few general tips to this PrE:
    -20 level evasion is not worth to go pure. Why? 2 level of rouge gives evasion from lower level and rouge skills - disable device can give bonus to XP and lower chances to death XP penalty in quest. Evasion should be at 12 core ability and at 20 it should be improved evasion (i use heal scrolls with my gs 20%, 30% healing amp rapier in offhand so I will lose both when healing myself as I understood "Swashbuckling" stance)

- dex to damage must be in this PrE- dex do hit is obligatory because I can take Weapon Finesse feat anyway (but I would like to take other feat instead of it :P). Why? To make use of evasion we need high reflex save especially if evasion will stay as 20 level core and it have to be usable in epic content.

-Songs! Where are songs? Its only one unique bard thing and this PrE do not have any. (It makes me bad when I read post that bard is general purpose toon and cant be good at this or that - cleric can be good at healing and can do melee, cc and nuke simillar wizards can be good at CC, can do spell dps, be melee, insta kill - such a digression because Im truthful today ). Im not fan of new songs thats why this PrE should extend existing song by new effect.

My other thoughts about bard (mostly what I miss when playing different bards):
    - crossbow syngery with bard - I would add charimsa to damage with crossbows. It woudl be usefullfor caster bards.
    It's really annoing how long and how much mana it takes for bard to kill troll.Eg. solo von 3 pre quest on elite. Caster bard dont have enought dps to do that in responsible time and mana cost. I played 2 lifes as caster bard and ended with using scepter of healing (charisma to dmg and hit) to kill as a caster. My third life on this toon is str based thf/bow bard.
    Tried 16 bard 4 sorc on other toon to maximize sonic crit chance and use air sla. Much better but after 16 level of character a bit too low dps. If I had to play caster bard I would do 15 bard 5 sorc with air 5 pre. But what I missed was Arcane Level increase.
    Thats why Spellsinger Spell Song Trance shoudl be 3 stages 1AP cost each [+1 morale bonus to DC/ +10 % mana discount/ +1 (total 2) morale bonus to DC] so overal cost and usability will stay as now when 2AP is spend, but it opens 3 stages of Song of Arcane Might [/1/2/3 to caster level] each 2 AP. Same overal cost and usability stays like now when 2AP is spend but opens some options to splash with sorc.
    Best bard damaging spell is 1st level sonic blast, shout is soooo crapy, short range, wide cone and saved deals less damage then sonic blast. Greater shout is better but its 16 level spell and still short range.
    So casting bard have only two damaging spells and one is at 16 level bard. Spellsinger needs single target (to wake up only one monster when fascinated), long range, good dps sonic sla.
    Next...

Expend a use of Bardic Music to apply a temporary fast-healing effect to all nearby allies. It lasts for 24 seconds plus 6 seconds per bard level. (bug: Effect is applied to target, not all allies.)
    [make it AOE, initial one time healing shoudl be much better, affected by positive spell power and affect near allies. Eg 10 hp per character level max 15 level (like heal).]

Raucous Refrain: When you Inspire Courage, allies gain +(1/2/3) Morale bonus to save vs. Sleep, Paralysis, Exhaustion and Energy Drain for four minutes.
    [Energy Drain have no save so I thought it works like Damage Reduction againts this spell but I was wrong. Make it like DR. Eg when I spend 3AP I will not get negative levels when it is less or equel 3 levels to drain rolled on spell dice ]

Spellsinger 20 level core ability is now best core ability for melee bard - quicken, empowerd heal spell. I use it on my ohter 20 level bard THF str based bard.

Now Warchanter thoughts:
    - 20 level core is crappy. I check it every fix or update but it sill is same...
    Lower benefits form this song and make it duration affected by things that increase song duration 60% from spellsinger, 50% form epic feat, 60%? from fatesinger.
    Competence bounus to hit and dmg +5 should be applied to Inspire Grateness.
    Give something to Skaldic Rage with this capstone vapiric effect, bodyfeeder, life shield eg.

Left side of WC tree is too expensive and to weak. Unchain left side or make it really good copmared to overall cost which is need to get to last thing.

Boast: Sing a Song to gain (10/20/30) Temporary HP. While these HP last, you generate +50% Bardic Music bonus to Threat and gain +1[W] to Damage. Rank 3: You gain +1 use of Barbarian Rage if you possess that ability.
    [Only purpose of this song which i figured out is dummy beater... This song is like a joke, bad joke. This benefits should be permament for duration of song]

Ironskin Chant: Grants nearby allies (2/4/6)/- Bardic Music bonus to DR.
    [It was good song but few years ago, beside it requieres Boast. Barbariand have DR, Cleric have DR, Wizards/Sorce have DR (stone skin), Artifacter, cannith crafing can give 5/magic dr form 3level.. who needs it besided bards (i use stonskin scrolls anyway :P). Give 3/6/10 PPR to it]

Words of Encouragement: Inspire Courage grants +(10/20/30) temporary HP for one minute. +(4/8/12) Positive Spellpowe.
    [Again temporary hit points... Some temporary hit point maniac designed WC? And it requires Boast... I thought about temporary HP usage and only having sense usage is before not disabled traps but is not worth any AP. Add Tier 3 +10% hamp]

Gathering Cold: Toggle: +(1/2/3) resistance vs. Cold. When enemy spells deal you Cold damage you have a 20%/35%/50% chance to absorb some of that energy and gain Armor of Frost. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
    [50% cnances to absorb some of that energy vs scroll of fireshiled 100% chances to abosrb 50% quite weak - increase at least 3/6/10 cold resistance]
    Armor of Frost: You gain +1 stacking Cold Resistance and +1 stacking AC that lasts for 12 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
    [+2 stacikg Cold resistane and +2 stacikng PPR]

Inspire Recklessness: Expend a use of Bardic Music to grant a +(2/4/6)% morale bonus to double strike chance and -10% fortification to all nearby allies for 3 minutes.
    [to many items gives morale bonus to doublestrike - change it to comptetence or increase it to 3/6/10%]

Northwind: While Gathering Cold under Skaldic Rage, you deal an additional (2d8/4d8/6d8) Cold damage when you score vorpal hits.
    [vorpal hit have chance to land like 4.5% (20 roll is 5% but it need to be confirmed) 2AP spend is 0,4 dmg per hit, 6AP spend is 1,2 dmg per hit copare it with venomed blades 2AP is 2,5 dmg per hit, 6AP is 4,5 dmg per hit and I need to be under Skaldic Rage so when out of song I get nothing... lower cost to 1AP per tier and let it be affected by cold spellpower, besides as I remeber ingame descripions on buff bar says 1d8/2d8/3d8 but I tested it and damage was like 2d8/4d8/6d8 but im not 100% sure]

Rallying Cry: Action Boost: You and all allies within range of your songs gain +(10/15/20)% Action Boost bonus to movement speed and +1 Action Boost bonus to Saving Throws for twenty seconds. This ability can be used while feared, and dispells Fear effects.
    [Share same cooldown with sprint boost so I cannot haste myself with 50% and then party with 20% cuase 30 cooldown]

EDIT: COMMENTS ARE INLINED IN QUOTE

Hi! We’re writing to give you an early look at the Swashbuckler, an upcoming Bard Prestige Enhancement line coming to DDO with Update 22. A major focus of Swashbuckler is a new style of fighting in DDO: Single-Weapon Fighting. We’re working on creating a line of Single-Weapon Fighting Feats, similar in power and scope to Two-Weapon and Two-Handed Fighting, tentatively giving some Dodge and Armor Piercing (ignoring enemy Fortification.) The Swashbuckler also supports Thrown Weapon builds. The Swashbuckler’s Sonic damage scales with Spellpower in most places.

We believe having the Swashbuckler focus on Single-Weapon Fighting makes for interesting build options, both for pure Bards and multi-classed characters. We’ve also worked to make sure that players can spend a moderate amount of points in the Swashbuckler tree and receive good benefits, even if the build isn’t focusing on Single-Weapon Fighting. We’re hoping to find time to improve Warchanter and Spellsinger as well, although those improvements are likely more limited in scope, and those changes may end up delayed beyond the launch of Update 22.

Please take a look at the Swashbuckler, and give us your comments, general ideas, and larger reactions in addition to feedback on individual abilities. As usual, this is an early look, so details may change, including names, individual numbers, including AP costs, and any balance concerns (which we welcome your input on.)

Core Abilities

• 1 AP, class level 1: Swift Strikes: Passive: +1% Dodge.
      [ADD Each core ability you posses gives you +2 to max dexterity bonus to light armors for a total +12 on 20 level]
    • 5 AP, class level 3: Swashbuckling: Defensive Stance: You gain 1% Doublestrike and Doubleshot as well as +1 to the Enhancement Bonus of the weapon in your main hand. Swashbuckling requires wielding a Finesseable or Thrown weapon in your main hand, wielding a Buckler or nothing in your off hand, and wearing Light Armor or no armor. (Druids cannot Swashbuckle while in animal forms.)
      • Passive: While Swashbuckling, the following weapons receive Competence bonuses to their critical profiles:
        Dagger, Shortsword, Throwing Dagger: +1 Threat Range, +1 Multiplier
        Light Mace, Sickle, Dart, Shuriken, Throwing Axe, Throwing Hammer: +2 Threat Range, +1 Multiplier
        Kukri, Rapier: +1 Multiplier
        Handaxe: +2 Range
        Light Pick: +1 Range

[Can use dex to damage while Swashbuckling]
      [Does Swashbuckling will be usable with Precision feat active? Do I loose Swashbuckling if I use heal scroll in main hand and GS 20%,30% Healing Amp Rapier in offhand]

• 10 AP, class level 6: Uncanny Dodge: You gain the Uncanny Dodge feat. Passive: Swashbuckling grants an additional 1% Doublestrike, 1% Doubleshot, and +1 Damage.
      [[Inspire Courage grants 5% bonus to XP]]
    • 20 AP, class level 12: Panache: While Swashbuckling, you gain +1% Dodge, 1% Doublestrike, 1% Doubleshot, +1 Damage, +1 Reflex Saving Throw, and the weapon in your main hand gains an additional +1 to its Enhancement bonus.
      [Evasion while Swashbuckling]
    • 30 AP, class level 18: Roll with the Punches: While Swashbuckling, you gain +5 Insight Bonus to Character Dodge Cap, the Slippery Mind feat, +1% Doublestrike, 1% Doubleshot, and +1 Damage.
    • 41 AP, class level 20: Evasive Maneuvers: +2 CHA, +2 DEX.While Swashbuckling, you gain the Evasion feat, +1% Doublestrike, 1% Doubleshot, +1 Damage, and the weapon in your main hand gains an additional +1 to its Enhancement bonus.
      [Imp Evasion while Swashbuckling]

Tier One

1. On Your Toes: +1/2/3 Dodge
      [OK]
    2. Blow By Blow:
      1. Multiselector: Melee or Thrown Attack: Make an attack with +(1/2/3) critical threat range that deals extra Sonic damage, and reduces your threat with nearby enemies. This sonic damage scales with Spell Power.

[OK]
    3. Multiselector: Insults
      1. Scathing Words: Activate to reduce the Fortitude saves of nearby enemies by 3. (Costs Spell Points, moderate cooldown)
      2. Cutting Jibes: Activate to reduce the Will saves of nearby enemies by 3. (Costs Spell Points, moderate cooldown)
      3. Appalling Diatribe: Activate to reduce the Reflex saves of nearby enemies by 3. (Costs Spell Points, moderate cooldown)

[OK]
    4. Tavern Shanties: +1/2/3 Bard Songs.
      [OK?]
    5. Limber Up: +(1/2/3) to Balance, Jump, Swim, and Tumble. 3rd Rank: When you Tumble, you gain +3 to saves against traps for 6 seconds. 12 second cooldown.
      [+2/4/6 because bard do not have tumble nor jump spell it would be helpfull]

Tier Two

1. En Pointe: Melee Attack: Make an attack with +4/8/12 critical threat range, but -1 Critical Multiplier. Costs Spell Points to activate.
      [Make it Cleave like attack then it will be OK right now to weak and to expensive]
    2. Deflect Arrows: You gain the benefits of the Deflect Arrows feat, knocking aside one incoming projectile that would have struck you every 6/4/2 seconds. (Antireq Tempest Deflect Arrows)
      [OK]
    3. Aqua Vitae: Gain 3 Temporary Hit Points per Bard Level for 9 seconds. Heal 1d6 HP every two seconds while the temporary hitpoints persist. (Long cooldown).
      [ 4d6 hp over 8 seconds with long cooldown - weak, but if it use no mana its ok - spellsinger already have got healing song which needs to be fixed/improved]
    4. Sword Dance: While Swashbuckling, when enemies miss you in combat, you deal 1d10/1d12/1d20 Sonic Damage. Scales with Spell Power. (This triggers off of various miss chances, including Dodge, Armor Class, Displacement, etc.)
      [OK]
    5. Multiselector:
      1. Action Boost: Doublestrike: You gain +10/20/30% Action Boost bonus to Doublestrike for 20 seconds. Usable 5 times per rest.
      2. Action Boost: Doubleshot: You gain +10/20/30% Action Boost bonus to Doubleshot for 20 seconds. Usable 5 times per rest.

[OK]

Tier Three

1. Elegant Footwork: When enemies miss you while Swashbuckling, they have a small chance to be knocked down with no save. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
      [OK?]
    2. Swashbuckling Style:
      1. Dashing Scoundrel: While Swashbuckling with nothing in your off hand, you gain +1 Damage per 5 Character levels and 7% Doublestrike/Doubleshot.
        [OK?]
      2. Skirmisher: While Swashbuckling with a Buckler in your off hand, you gain 7% Dodge.
        [OK]
      3. Arcane Marauder: You can now Swashbuckle with an Orb in your off hand. (Does not count as a Buckler for Buckler-specific abilities). Requires Magical Training.
        [Moved here from next tier: +10 sonic spell power]
      4. Cannoneer: You can now Swashbuckle with a Rune Arm in your off hand. (Does not count as a Buckler for Buckler-specific abilities). Requires Runearm Proficiency.
        [Moved here from next tier: with a Rune Arm in your off hand, your Rune Arm Weapon Imbue deals an additional 1d6 Sonic damage.]

3. Resonant Arms: While Swashbuckling, the Finesseable or Thrown weapon in your main hand deals an additional 2d6/4d6/6d6 Sonic Damage on critical hits.This Sonic damage scales with spellpower.
      [OK]
    4. Fast Movement: You run faster. Additional Bard levels increases the speed bonus.
      [Add: +10%/+20%/+30% movement speed while sneaking or replace with: +20%/+35%/+50% movement speed while sneaking - hide and move sillently are bard skills. I use it eg. sneak and fascinate]
    5. CHA/DEX
      [OK]

Tier Four

1. On the Mark: Passive +1/2/3 to attack rolls to confirm critical hits and damage on critical hits (before weapon multipliers)
      [additionaly: if you got Inspire Greatness it give this bonus to your allies]
    2. Multiselector: Swashbuckling Style II
      1. Slap in the Face: While Swashbuckling and wielding nothing in your off hand, activate to deal 1 Bludgeon damage. Damaged enemies can't cast spells for 3/6/9 seconds and are stunned for one second (Perform + d20 saves for the Stun). 18 second cooldown. Costs 10 Spell Points.
        [make stunt last 2 sec]
      2. Low Blow: While Swashbuckling and wielding a Buckler in your off hand, activate to perform a shield bash with +2 Critical Threat Range and Multiplier. On hit, briefly knock down affected enemy (Perform + d20 saves for the Knockdown). Costs 10 Spell Points.
        [OK]
      3. Loud & Clear:Toggle: While Swashbuckling with an Orb in your off hand, +10 Sonic Spell Power.
        [Replace: +10 universall spell power]
      4. Tune Arm/Music Box: Toggle: While Swashbuckling with a Rune Arm in your off hand, your Rune Arm Weapon Imbue deals an additional 1d6 Sonic damage.
        [Replace: supersonic bolts - can add charisma to dmg with xbows ]

3. Battering Barrage: (2 AP, 2 ranks) While Swashbuckling, critical hits inflict Destruction/Improved Destruction.
      [OK]
    4. Wind at my Back: +1 to the Enhancement Bonus of your equipped Throwing Weapons, plus an additional +1 for every five Bard levels.
      [OK?]
    5. CHA/DEX
      [OK]

Tier Five

1. Thread the Needle: While Swashbuckling, +5 Damage while the Precision feat is active.
      [OK]
    2. Exploit Weaknesses:While Swashbuckling, every time you damage an enemy but do not critically hit, you gain a stacking +1 Insight Bonus to Critical Threat Range until you successfully critically hit.
      [OK]
    Last edited by gurth83; 04-30-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Community Member

Giving evasion to a class with zero dex to damage and low reflex saves is a great way to grief new players. Noobs are going to be very upset after they grind a pure swashbuckler and can't even evade against a waterworks kobold lightning bolt. ïtsatrap.gif

Oh, they'll evade, if they roll a 20.
    Last edited by capsela; 04-29-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast