Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Default Things I find insulting.

Appropos of nothing (this is obviously not directed at any individual either working at Turbine or here on the forums. Obviously. Right?), I thought I'd share something that bothers me.

I find that having someone tell me that they think I'm lying to be insulting. I don't like when someone says that I'm lying to them. I don't tend to lie to people (aside from my kids - they still think that Santa is real and I'm going to keep up that lie for another few years), so I don't like when someone says that I'm lying to them.

But you know what I find even more insulting? Being lied to. I really don't like being lied to and I find it INCREDIBLY insulting when someone lies to me - especially when they do it right to my face and then make it blatantly obvious that they were lying. Like when a vendor says that they're not doing something and I can see them doing it right in front of me and then they continue to say that they're not doing it. That's astonishingly insulting and I really don't like it. It's insulting that they're lying to me and it's insulting that they think that I'm so very stupid that I won't even notice that they're lying. I don't like that.

Posted in off-topic because this obviously doesn't have anything to do with Turbine or DDO. Obviously.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Thanks for this. I wish I had the foresight to tiptoe around censorship, but I find I just don't care. There are other venues of expression.

I find it insulting that you mammals think your opinions matter.

When someone lies to you he or she's implying he thinks you're stupider than he is--this is where the feeling insulted comes in, especially since there aren't that many genius liars out there (unless they're so smart and so good at lying that we don't realize they're liars).

Well, most of my list of Things Insulting would likely get me banned - so....

C'est la vie.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    How about things that Eddy would find insulting? Would that get you banned? (obviously I'm trying to lighten the mood.)

But typically when I catch such behavior, I normally wash my hands of it and be done with it. The majority of times it is highly disrespectful and not playful unlike Santa or surprise parties.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Nice pic in the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

C'est la vie.
    Awesome!

Edit ~ forgot to list my pet peeve. Flies. Trying to eat at a picnic and flies that won't leave me alone. I can hang with yellow jackets trying to cop some lemon aid, but a fly landing on my burger and/or potatoe salad after I've tried my hardest to FoD it dives me bannas. Too many times Ive' been accosted and insulted by flies only to have them escape my grasp.
    Last edited by Livmo; 04-24-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: oops forgot to mention what bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    How about things that Eddy would find insulting? Would that get you banned? (obviously I'm trying to lighten the mood.)
    Eddie find Walls of Fire and Delayed Blast Fireballs to be highly insulting. And, for some reason, pies with graham cracker crust.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Awesome!

Edit ~ forgot to list my pet peeve. Flies. Trying to eat at a picnic and flies that won't leave me alone. I can hang with yellow jackets trying to cop some lemon aid, but a fly landing on my burger and/or potatoe salad after I've tried my hardest to FoD it dives me bannas. Too many times Ive' been accosted and insulted by flies only to have them escape my grasp.
    lol my part time dyslexia had me reading files rather than flies and I was like what the heck.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    after I've tried my hardest to FoD it
    Thanks, that really cracked me up. I still giggle whenever I FoD a mob in-game and the thought of someone "FoDing a fly really made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten