Community Member

Default Fixxing LFM lack

The problem of lack of LFM isn't about low population, but ppl have different playstyle, zerg don't group with casual and noobs, casual hates who don't wait, noobs wanna be babysitted, but few ppl likes to do...

I dunno how hard would be to implement, but if player could choose server related to playstyle i think that we will not have LFM lack since ppl would not hide into guilds anymore.

We could simple add a label to each server for the playstyle (ex: cannith (epic zerg), khyber (heroic zerg) ,gallanda (newcomers), sarlona (RPG)... ) and get a 1 time free server swap, than add in ddo store the server swap opt, in this way a noob could join in the noob server and later can swap to a more experienced server. Players would be happy to play with others ppl with similar playstyle and turbine got a new way to sell TP.
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameDiablo View Post
    The problem of lack of LFM isn't about low population, but ppl have different playstyle, zerg don't group with casual and noobs, casual hates who don't wait, noobs wanna be babysitted, but few ppl likes to do...

I dunno how hard would be to implement, but if player could choose server related to playstyle i think that we will not have LFM lack since ppl would not hide into guilds anymore.

We could simple add a label to each server for the playstyle (ex: cannith (epic zerg), khyber (heroic zerg) ,gallanda (newcomers), sarlona (RPG)... ) and get a 1 time free server swap, than add in ddo store the server swap opt, in this way a noob could join in the noob server and later can swap to a more experienced server. Players would be happy to play with others ppl with similar playstyle and turbine got a new way to sell TP.

Three things:
    1) Just like LFM labels, there is no guarantee people would pay attention to or equally interpret server labels, so this won't help filter people.
    2) Server transfers seem to be expensive and time-consuming, so don't expect on a whim transfers to be instituted in game
    3) I pug almost exclusively and I cannot remember the last time I ran into a "babysit demanding noob flowersniffer." Its a myth that if it happens, it happens so rarely you'd have to be pretty thin-skinned to let it affect you. LFMs are pretty much a TR train zerg-fest now (Based on Argo experiences). So can we please finally drop that argument with regards to how to fix LFM threads?
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

No thanks because I sometimes have different desires on how I want to play and I would hate to be forced to play a different character and server because of something like this! Increase incentives for grouping(make it so you need active characters to stop multi boxing) and delete the abomination that hirelings are.

Boy am I glad neg rep,is gone

Yes I hate hirelings

Beware the Sleepeater

i would rather see it be like rift. i know i have said this before but it really seemed to work. you can transfer for free but only once per week.

Sounds real non sense to me.

First I dont hide in guild, it's a group of persons I appreciate playing and chating with.

Secondly in my guild, and friend list there are people with different playstyles. How do I do ? Have a toon per server ? Really ?

Oh and when I'm done TRing my toon I have to change server too ?

One advice, go grab a coffee, hangover can be hard
    Aezechiel (Caster, 14th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (High saves evartie, 4th life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (sorcerer 4th life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (Vistani knife fighter, 2nd life) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No thanks because I sometimes have different desires on how I want to play and I would hate to be forced to play a different character and server because of something like this! Increase incentives for grouping(make it so you need active characters to stop multi boxing) and delete the abomination that hirelings are.

Boy am I glad neg rep,is gone

Yes I hate hirelings
    This. All of this.

Sometimes I just want to zerg something, other times I want to group and have a good time. I certainly don't want to be pigeonholed into one type of play.

When they incentivized soloing, they overdid it by a long shot. The result is lack of LFMs.

There is a place to type what you want why new coding we all know what happens when the do something it gets bugged How about fix the bugs and hold on the Ideas.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    i would rather see it be like rift. i know i have said this before but it really seemed to work. you can transfer for free but only once per week.
    Short of Guild Wars 1 using an instance system to simulate one server, Rift has been the best I've seen. You can transfer between servers for free weekly, which is great. You're also able to join up with people at any point in time using a name@server format, you can then jump to their server temporarily by right-clicking them in the party window and joining them. Loot ends up locked to the server of the person who currently has it after 30 minutes (during which time people who were present for it being looted can trade it).

label tags.
    Erm... sorry to burst your bubble but we already have that. It's called "Group Description" and people usually type "Elite for BB" in it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    3) I pug almost exclusively and I cannot remember the last time I ran into a "babysit demanding noob flowersniffer." Its a myth that if it happens, it happens so rarely you'd have to be pretty thin-skinned to let it affect you. LFMs are pretty much a TR train zerg-fest now (Based on Argo experiences). So can we please finally drop that argument with regards to how to fix LFM threads?
    This 100%. What quest isn't a zerg? 99% of quests in any LFM I put up or join are zergs. If it is a heroic quest people are zerging thru TRs. If it's an epic quest people are zerging thru eTRs. I have played HH and Study in Sable with groups that weren't zergs but that is about the only ones I can recall. Heck, even EE are zergs now.

What would help LFMs is to stop making quests inaccessible. I can put up and LFM along the lines of XP running Von3-4, then wiz king, then Lords chain and it will fill before I am past the first trap in Von3 and people will stay with it. Why? Because the quests are good xp and easy to get to. If I put up an LFM EH, Storm Horns or Wheloon I will sit killing stuff in slayer areas for an hour with maybe one person joining. Why? Because its too hard to get to these quests.....run all the way out to the furthest reaches of ES then go thru a large explorer area.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    This 100%. What quest isn't a zerg?
    I group with casual players all the time. It can be quite fun and a nice change of pace from the zerg stuff.

Community Member

Ty all for reply, reading this i can conclude that:

1) my proposal is just a raw idea, and is open to be refined, some ppl are lazy and just say yes/no, exacltly as in the game ppl sit and wait for an LFM to appear, or pike in quests, or wait for someone to help, or copy builds on forum... Lazyness isn't productive IMO, but everybody is free

2) I'm happy to see that some other ppl are active and wanna help to improve the ideas, really ty to this kind of ppl, this is exactly what forum is for. If idea is clear i don't need to discuss on forum, but can just e-mail devs.

3) i think to be pretty fast in explaining the problem and i'm sry for that: zerg is an opinionion, for example, some ppl think that 20 min von5 is zerg, but i don't agree, 10 mins is, other ppl think that 15 min wiz king is zerg, i don't agree, 5 min is, I think that wait the party is casual style, other ppl think that is respectful... is just a personal opinion, this situation makes the problem a lot more complex. A good solution like some ppl adviced is to allow ppl to swap between servers weekly, great but... this is hard to implement for devs and sure they'll not do for free, than must be a P2P option, maybe free for VIP

4) a totally different idea that someone proposed (welcome to different ideas) is to incentivate party groups, but how? On some games yu got XP and loot bonus if yu got someone in party, but ppl would dualbox and nothing change. ATM the only thing that incentivate me to put LFM up, is to find nice ppl or to find someone good able to split and complete quest faster, the result is that my squelch grow 5x faster than my friend. Any more positive proposal about it?

PS: i created this post coz i just wanna help to solve a problem that i don't really care. Since i can solo all EEs that i need, i got a big squelch to accept only ppl that i like, i hate to use squelch and would really like a better solution like this, but it works atm. I'm convinced that server merge is completely useless and bring just lag, but maybe i'm wrong

PSS: i know: my grammar isn't perfect, but since yu can understand what i write i don't care; if yu can't understand i'm really sry instead and will be happy to try again
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

15 min wiz king is zerg, i don't agree, 5 min is
    It takes you that long to zerg WizKing?

The only way to fix the lack of LFMs is for Turbine to add more incentive to group then to solo. Right now, it's simply more advantageous to solo rather then it is to even short-man things. It's not playstyle - it's practicality. When Turbine decided they wanted DDO to be more solo-friendly, after dozens upon dozens of requests for it to be here on the forums, they overshot friendly and landed smack-dab in the middle of solo-optimal.

The problem is not population, playstyle, casual v. elitist prejudices, or nearly any other player-side issues. The lack of LFMs is almost entirely a matter of development choices made by Turbine, and it won't get better until those choices are reexamined and corrected at the Dev level.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Food for thought, you got an interesting idea here. However the first part of your post got me cringing, lack of LFM has a lot to do with low population. Server swaps are a big issue, nobody save for the very rich, wants to pay 30$ per character to change server.