Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    It was explained that 4200 was the correct number because, it needed to stay the correct number when the level cap was raised to 30.

I thought we had this discussion already you still clinging to the outdated Dev quote that's be backpedaled on already?

They wanted CoV to have some staying power VS. Tokens which they made too easy too get.
    They were not willing to look at it then, because "it need to stay the right amount in the future" (paraphrase from memory). True. Whether this constitutes a retraction is up for interpretation. When they post "sorry, we lied, we meant EH to 30 with reentries, deaths, no optionals, no areas and no buying xp tomes" then I'll stop this.

Until then, I read it as the devs being completely out of touch with what's going on in the game, but unwilling to change their position for some reason that's beyond me.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    They were not willing to look at it then, because "it need to stay the right amount in the future" (paraphrase from memory). True. Whether this constitutes a retraction is up for interpretation. When they post "sorry, we lied, we meant EH to 30 with reentries, deaths, no optionals, no areas and no buying xp tomes" then I'll stop this.

Until then, I read it as the devs being completely out of touch with what's going on in the game, but unwilling to change their position for some reason that's beyond me.
    How is the reason beyond you? It's pretty simple, they want us to buy about every other heart from the store if we want to eTR without grind.

Which some seem to think sucks and others think could have been a lot worse work around to do it for free. IMO 4200 comms beats the hell out of >4200 favor to earn the TPs for a free eheart.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    How is the reason beyond you? It's pretty simple, they want us to buy about every other heart from the store if we want to eTR without grind.

Which some seem to think sucks and others think could have been a lot worse work around to do it for free. IMO 4200 comms beats the hell out of >4200 favor to earn the TPs for a free eheart.
    Ah, so because it could be worse, it's alright? That's one argument I never had much sympathy for.

ETR and ITR is a great player retention tool. People who play are better for Turbine than people who don't. Making hearts too grindy to get will put some people off the grind, and they may well stop playing. This can never be a good thing.

and also the comment on the Players 3x all quests on EH to gain enough chart that said something to the effect of "This is what we were thinking" That's not a retraction either?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    and also the comment on the Players 3x all quests on EH to gain enough chart that said something to the effect of "This is what we were thinking" That's not a retraction either?
    That was a clarification about how they reached the number. They thought people would need to play each epic quest three times. This, however, was not the case - so I was hoping that their stated goals took precedence over their calculation mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghhjkl View Post
    Well, it's possible that the cost will go down (although I doubt it'll happen), but at the end of the year, the level cap is going up to 30. If you wait until then, it'll be an extra 3.15 million to raise your level 28 character to 30, and ~9.75 illion to re-cap after the eTR. Right now it's 0 and 6.6 million, respectively. That's about double the XP requirements, so it makes sense to do some eTRs now if that's something you want to avoid.
    Yes some good points for the OP to consider.

Why should the devs stick to some stated design intention? It's only an intention, which they can deviate from if it doesn't turn out to work. This particular stated goal never made sense. It is completely senseless to introduce CoVs when you can get enough them running just on EH to cap. The player has to make an additional effort; otherwise there is no economic reason to buy hearts and no reason to introduce the currency in the first place.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Why should the devs stick to some stated design intention? It's only an intention, which they can deviate from if it doesn't turn out to work. This particular stated goal never made sense. It is completely senseless to introduce CoVs when you can get enough them running just on EH to cap. The player has to make an additional effort; otherwise there is no economic reason to buy hearts and no reason to introduce the currency in the first place.
    "Turn out to work"? They never tried the original goal in practice.

I did not force Turbine to make the public statement they did. But they made it anyway. I assume they think it's a Good Thing (tm) to have players staying in the game, by making ETR/ITR an option with fairly little grind. Or at least, I thought that was the idea.

There is no issue here. You easily get 4200 comms leveling to 28 with a voice, ship buff, and a mix of EN and EH as long as you arent repeating quests for exp grinding. 10% and 20% exp pots are cheap in game and make it even easier. There is just no basis anymore for complaints that comms are too difficult to acquire. If they are too difficult it is an indicator yoou need to ply at cap longer as you are not ready for the privilege of TR.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghhjkl View Post
    Well, it's possible that the cost will go down (although I doubt it'll happen), but at the end of the year, the level cap is going up to 30. If you wait until then, it'll be an extra 3.15 million to raise your level 28 character to 30, and ~9.75 illion to re-cap after the eTR. Right now it's 0 and 6.6 million, respectively. That's about double the XP requirements, so it makes sense to do some eTRs now if that's something you want to avoid.
    At the same time, by the end of the year you'll have more options for quests that have higher amounts of comms because there will be a lot more high level quests. So if you are farming comms, that should go faster.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosilk View Post
    There is no issue here. You easily get 4200 comms leveling to 28 with a voice, ship buff, and a mix of EN and EH as long as you arent repeating quests for exp grinding. 10% and 20% exp pots are cheap in game and make it even easier. There is just no basis anymore for complaints that comms are too difficult to acquire. If they are too difficult it is an indicator yoou need to ply at cap longer as you are not ready for the privilege of TR.
    This has not been my experience. Please record your quests and comms. My own threads on the subject show otherwise - even with bonuses added on, I wouldn't get near. And I did not repeat very much, no.

Privilege? Gimme a break. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun and enticed me to keep playing.

Founder

the privilege of TR.
    Epic Reincarnation (not called TR) is a game system that currently is a huge part of DDO's "endgame", it is not a "privilege". That's like saying that raiding in WoW is a "privilege" lol. If no one Epic Reincarnated, many of those players would be bored and, since the alternative is to do the same raids and quests over and over or play alts / Heroic Reincarnate they would probably leave the game. Turbine needs to work on making it less of a chore to gain the Heart to Epic Reincarnate.

There is no issue here. You easily get 4200 comms leveling to 28 with a voice, ship buff, and a mix of EN and EH as long as you arent repeating quests for exp grinding.
    Simply not a true statement.
    Last edited by Kalimah; 04-23-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Duped reply/delete.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Don't save them for too long or else they will become completely obsolete with the next "system" they introduce.

Like that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Simply not a true statement.
    Ok. List the quests you run and the total you have going from 20 to 28 with difficulties.
    Turbosilk Boomstick
    Completionist Sorceror XVIII
    Intel Rq'd - Orien

The Hatchery

Ok. List the quests you run and the total you have going from 20 to 28 with difficulties.
    I have. Twice.

Yes, this was before bonuses to comms came in. But it was under half of what I needed to get a heart each time, and VIP+ship+voice = 20%, not 100%.

With ee you can collect 4200 by the time you hit 28.
    Route i do if people are interested consists of short fast quests that give nice ee income for valor.
    List is from lower to higher ee: bargain of blood, snitch, last stand, fathom, von4, lod, 3 druids without deep, id, graves, dont drink, rusted, death undone, chains, trial, deal, all high roads beside detour /not good with invis run in that one need to practice more/
    lines, breaking the ice, most in wheloon, some in ghold (depends on mood). Nets me plenty valor, do that 2-3 times before cap and i get 4200 easily, do i need to chug pot? No dont need but i can if i want spare coms.
    IT isnt hard as people say, you just need to effectively do those quests.
    You can mix it with others for fun, longer ones like wgu or whatever /but even wgu takes 30-40 mins tops in a proper group.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    With ee you can collect 4200 by the time you hit 28.
    Route i do if people are interested consists of short fast quests that give nice ee income for valor.
    List is from lower to higher ee: bargain of blood, snitch, last stand, fathom, von4, lod, 3 druids without deep, id, graves, dont drink, rusted, death undone, chains, trial, deal, all high roads beside detour /not good with invis run in that one need to practice more/
    lines, breaking the ice, most in wheloon, some in ghold (depends on mood). Nets me plenty valor, do that 2-3 times before cap and i get 4200 easily, do i need to chug pot? No dont need but i can if i want spare coms.
    IT isnt hard as people say, you just need to effectively do those quests.
    You can mix it with others for fun, longer ones like wgu or whatever /but even wgu takes 30-40 mins tops in a proper group.

So you run about 25 quests three times each? 75 total quests on EE nets you 4200 CoVs?

Is that correct? You average 56 CoVs per quest?

Guy im not going to bother because your statement is just blatantly false. My norm is run most every quest epic on Hard with the occasional EE thrown in. Even with all hard with some EE's and not farming single quests repeatedly (meaning I run most every quest and not just farm the Jungle or whatever) Im nowhere near to 4200 when I hit 28.

Several people here have tried to enlighten you as we do this all the time and know exactly how silly your statement is.

So your statement "You easily get 4200 comms leveling to 28 with a voice, ship buff, and a mix of EN and EH as long as you arent repeating quests for exp grinding." Is just total BS.

The ONLY way you get to 4200 coms in a single 20-28 run is if you run pretty much ALL epic elite.

So instead of us proving it to you, go do it. Or take out your calculater and figure out how much exp you are getting running "EH with some EN" and how many Coms you get per and you tell me you get 4200? Pafreakinglease. Not even. Stop making yourself look silly and stop talking about things you dont know about.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast