Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default My Wish for Update 23 - Post yours! :)

Focus on bug fixes only - especially the long standing or high profile ones that impact daily quality of gameplay.

i wish you would hjeal meh.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

My top 3:

1) Lag fixes
    2) Balance heavy/medium armor so it is useful in epic elite
    3) New 3 Barrel Cove Raid

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

4.) A raid with an epic Kraken in 3BC!
    3.) Lag fixes!
    2.) Exploit fixes!
    1.) I would wish for U23 to come - if the player drain continues the way it is at the moment I am not sure we will see U23 ever at all.

Community Member

1. Chase down the darn kiters.

People soloing FoT on monkchers and I am not even surprised. Give me a video of someone doing the same on any melee and I ll give you a cookie...

2. Rework PRR - AC.

To gain defense, you have to give up on so much DPS that at the end of the day it doesn't even out at all.

3. More quests like HH.

Revisit classic DnD stuff, it is old but gold. A lot of people first started playing this because it is DnD.

4. Promised work on the ship buffs, TPs in explorers and TPs to eveningstar.

Make life simpler for the players, specially the new ones...

5. Merge servers!

Population goes down, people have a hard time finding others to play, hence they don't log and check out another game...Downwards spiral.

Are we just skipping update 22? That's 3-Barrel re-visited.

Update 23 they already announced was taking place north of the Stormhorns (I forget the exact place).

There will never be a "bug fix only" update. Content is what drives MMO's. All you have to do is look at DDO's numbers, they peak with new content and drop off a few weeks later. Bug fixes don't pay the bills. Yes, players appreciate it, but it makes the company no money. New content does.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Are we just skipping update 22? That's 3-Barrel re-visited.

Update 23 they already announced was taking place north of the Stormhorns (I forget the exact place).

There will never be a "bug fix only" update. Content is what drives MMO's. All you have to do is look at DDO's numbers, they peak with new content and drop off a few weeks later. Bug fixes don't pay the bills. Yes, players appreciate it, but it makes the company no money. New content does.
    It makes them no money in the short term. But in the long term it does because it improves the quality of the game, thus attracting/retaining more paying customers.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

1) Lag and bug fixes
    2) A balance pass that would give builds that do not use monk or shiradi a chance of some sort in Epic quests
    3) Admit that decision makers were high when they announced Epic TBC. This patch will focus one 1 and 2.
    4) A survey/poll/fact finding type stuff to decide what people actually want to be epic-fied.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    1) Lag and bug fixes
    2) A balance pass that would give builds that do not use monk or shiradi a chance of some sort in Epic quests
    3) Admit that decision makers were high when they announced Epic TBC. This patch will focus one 1 and 2.
    4) A survey/poll/fact finding type stuff to decide what people actually want to be epic-fied.
    5) A new Iconic/race! The Iconic will be a Gnome Illusionist with the base gnome race (non-iconic) being F2P.

Forgot the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljc View Post
    Focus on bug fixes only - especially the long standing or high profile ones that impact daily quality of gameplay.
    I just want la
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Since it's wishing...

More players and LFMs.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

g fixes.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

1. Nerf monkchers.

2. Raid with boss teleportation ability like Harry and VoD chains. Effect pulls everyone close together who is too far out. Bonus if boss reflects projectiles/thrown weapons/arrows back at the player making them take the damage instead for set periods of time.

3. Reworked capstones for enhancements. Include Evasion as an option for select classes.

4. More Turn Undead items in the game.

5. More Temple of Deathwyrm / Fire on Thunder Peak raid items.

6. Make AC mean something again.

7. Stop coming out with Eberron content. Forgotten Realms is the future of this game not reinventing the wheel over and over again.

8. Tell the developers they will be terminated if there is a solo completion on any future raid that is not linked to a bug, exploit, or "safe spot".

9. Make it worthwhile to play Barbarians, Paladins, and Bards.

10. Force us, the players, to remember this is not a solo mmo game but one rather designed to work as a team. Stop rewarding and letting us solo content and be anti-social. Kill our characters without mercy for trying to solo future EE content. If there is a post in the achievement thread about a future solo EE completion the day or week of release find that developer and sacrifice him to Odin via Blood Eagle.

11. Make the Completionist and Epic Completionist feats better. The amount of gameplay, time, and effort to get these should be better rewarded. Example - Heroic Completionist - +4 to all stats, saves and skills. Epic Completionist - Divine Salient ability choice from a static list that is powerful, yet not game breaking. Source: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/div...itiesFeats.htm.

12. Do your best to keep lag to a minimum. I have a strong IT background and understand system limitations. Some of this can be helped. Some of it cannot.

13. Draft a project to create a large city in Forogotten Realms between Evengstar and Waterdeep. Perhaps Silverymoon (Source: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Silverymoon). Scope will be to framework the outline of the last major expansion with level 30. Once the city is created development team can move Eberron quests, or design new quests that allow players to level up starting at 1 up to 28 in said city. Random quests by level can be developed and rolled out in level ranges based on the expansion.

14. Teleport from guild ship to Eveningstar/future Faerun city.

15. You need an update 22 before you can get to 23. Update 22 should contain nerfs for monkchers and perhaps a few of the above suggestions.

16. *EDIT* Give us Cleric Domain access

17. *EDIT* Allow us to play evil characters with additional dialogue options based on our evil alignment.
    Last edited by Grimlock; 04-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    1) Lag and bug fixes
    1 - agree, aree, agree ... one day it will happen (Number 1 carried away by men in white coats)
    2 - but still allow builds that ARE monk (example monk 20) or use shiradi (example Arti, Rog Mech, Rgr AA, Rgr DWS) the way it was intended to not be nerfed
    3 - and I hope they continued to be high whilst they planned it. It ould be a 'rum do' if our pirates were not adequately "free-form" in their logic
    4 - ***** Solid Gold idea ... and that was 5 stars not profanity filter getting upset. For me, anything with Devils, Demons & yugoleth galore FEELS end-game. It used to be, it should be again.

Default Not U23 related, but oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Raid with boss teleportation ability like Harry and VoD chains. Effect pulls everyone close together who is too far out.
    The Kraken Raid we've all been clamoring for in E3BC could do exactly that in a really unique way: Krakens' tentacles reach out and grab anyone who gets too far away and pulls 'em in for a taste test, doing Earth Grab style constriction damage in the process.

If the Devs haven't thought of that already then it's probably too late to add such a mechanic - if we're even getting a raid, and if it's one with a Kraken...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default The Stormreaver Fresco

I would like to battle Kear for a chance to keep the Stormreaver Fresco and hang it up in my airship near the bacon. Entertain my desires and you get to fight a dragon for art! The bacon wants to bask in the glow of the fresco!

1. Bug and Lag fixes

2. House Orien and House Lyrandar

3. Working Favor rewards

4. Ebrerron Quests, maybe to Sharn

5. Kraken raid does sound really cool

6. Keep expanding Realms content in both Heroic and Epic levels.

7. Fix bugs please, maybe even a weekly scheduled downtime for this.
    Warden of the White Council

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    1. Nerf monkchers.

2. Raid with boss teleportation ability like Harry and VoD chains. Effect pulls everyone close together who is too far out. Bonus if boss reflects projectiles/thrown weapons/arrows back at the player making them take the damage instead for set periods of time.

3. Reworked capstones for enhancements. Include Evasion as an option for select classes.

4. More Turn Undead items in the game.

5. More Temple of Deathwyrm / Fire on Thunder Peak raid items.

6. Make AC mean something again.

7. Stop coming out with Eberron content. Forgotten Realms is the future of this game not reinventing the wheel over and over again.

8. Tell the developers they will be terminated if there is a solo completion on any future raid that is not linked to a bug, exploit, or "safe spot".

9. Make it worthwhile to play Barbarians, Paladins, and Bards.

10. Force us, the players, to remember this is not a solo mmo game but one rather designed to work as a team. Stop rewarding and letting us solo content and be anti-social. Kill our characters without mercy for trying to solo future EE content. If there is a post in the achievement thread about a future solo EE completion the day or week of release find that developer and sacrifice him to Odin via Blood Eagle.

11. Make the Completionist and Epic Completionist feats better. The amount of gameplay, time, and effort to get these should be better rewarded. Example - Heroic Completionist - +4 to all stats, saves and skills. Epic Completionist - Divine Salient ability choice from a static list that is powerful, yet not game breaking. Source: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/div...itiesFeats.htm.

12. Do your best to keep lag to a minimum. I have a strong IT background and understand system limitations. Some of this can be helped. Some of it cannot.

13. Draft a project to create a large city in Forogotten Realms between Evengstar and Waterdeep. Perhaps Silverymoon (Source: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Silverymoon). Scope will be to framework the outline of the last major expansion with level 30. Once the city is created development team can move Eberron quests, or design new quests that allow players to level up starting at 1 up to 28 in said city. Random quests by level can be developed and rolled out in level ranges based on the expansion.

14. Teleport from guild ship to Eveningstar/future Faerun city.

15. You need an update 22 before you can get to 23. Update 22 should contain nerfs for monkchers and perhaps a few of the above suggestions.

16. *EDIT* Give us Cleric Domain access

17. *EDIT* Allow us to play evil characters with additional dialogue options based on our evil alignment.
    Agree

give him a beer he talk smart :P

Wow there are a lot of great ideas in here honestly. i like that one divine ability thing i read. Devs i really hope you look into this at least. this gives some great ideas to focus on and keep the game going. honestly i still want to see one update to eberron and forgotten realms each time. This would satisfy both sides for one. 2. we would get even more content. Not to mention maybe a little more money.

Since this is wishing:
    new content for Eberron, maybe one linked to the psionic side of the world and going to this this, then off course a psywarrior.

Something else that I don't miss personally, but can't understand that turbine doesn't give into for years now.
    but do come out with that gnome race, so we can close that one.

As for something that they kind of promised so normally I shouldn't wish for it anymore is love for the bard and a swashbuckler.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast