Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default change or tonedown wolf/bear animation when opening doors, my corneas are wearing off

it's killing my eyes, every time I take ship buffs I have to change out of animal form because of the intense bright of the animation ( running a PDK wolf doesn't help either ) and when I open doors or hit levers my guildies groan because of the sudden bath of light

everytime I take a stair or open a door it makes me remember the phrase in "The one from barbados" on show friends, "Hey, remember when I had corneas?"

The effect when wolf form druids open doors and such makes my game die from lag.......please remove the animation and maybe make the wolf/bear forms hump the door open.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Yes please.

I'm debating running a 2nd Druid life right now. This is the one reason I wouldn't. It was so, so awful my first time around.

Yeah it is pretty irritable. Hope this isn't the first time someone complained about it on the forums.

Also annoying when a hireling ports to you while underwater - too bright and causes momentary game lag.

I don't think they need to get rid of the animation of changing shape but they could do without the bright light. When I run my druid I always get my ship buffs in humanoid form (except for the training dummy). And during quests I usually shift out of animal form when opening doors, pulling levers & climbing ladders. You only have to click 1 button to do that so its not a time waster.

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    Yeah it is pretty irritable. Hope this isn't the first time someone complained about it on the forums.

Also annoying when a hireling ports to you while underwater - too bright and causes momentary game lag.
    What's worse is when a hireling ports to you while in a mid-air jump! The small lag spike can cause you to fall short of where you are trying to jump to. I've learned to park my hires when swimming or doing important jumps then summon them to me after I reach my destination.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post

I was about to say the same thing, I just park my hires until I get through the water.
    Can't believe I never thought of it until last night, whilst running druids deep.

Community Member

It's pretty awful, yes. I'd rather go invisible. I'd even rather have some really crappy wireform animation as long as it didn't slow things down or burn my eyes.

I actually made a caster build knowing that after a few levels I wouldn't even be in animal form; as it is now, if I have to open a door/chest/lever I'm scrolling into first-person view to stop the graphics lag.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Never had it slow the game but it is definately blinding...I dont get why we need to switch to human form my animal companion pulls the lever just fine why can't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    What's worse is when a hireling ports to you while in a mid-air jump! The small lag spike can cause you to fall short of where you are trying to jump to. I've learned to park my hires when swimming or doing important jumps then summon them to me after I reach my destination.
    I know it's off topic so appologies for this, I'm hoping it'll just be a brief diversion rather than full derailment:

I would love to know why it is that during any lag, the game keeps track of falling progress but not forward progress. I'll occasionally hit a lag spike entering The 12 from Vale/Meridia when jumping off that outcropping, and while I don't move forward during the spike, I do move downwards - and if the spike was extended (ok, maybe it's not "official lag" but just lag-like behavior) enough, I go from floating in the air to dead in the lava when the spike resolves. Royal pita when that happens...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

They should just remove the whole thing and keep us in form. It's just laggy and annoying.

I can understand the "you can't use those without hands" idea behind it, but it was just poorly executed...plus all the pets can pull stuff, and they certainly don't have hands either.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    They should just remove the whole thing and keep us in form. It's just laggy and annoying.

I can understand the "you can't use those without hands" idea behind it, but it was just poorly executed...plus all the pets can pull stuff, and they certainly don't have hands either.
    i agree with that the panther, wolf, owlbear, iron defender can all pull levers no issue. im hoping they can get animal forms to do something similar.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

agreed. just did my first life as a druid ever and i had to change my build after having wolf form from lvl 2 to 3. i always grumble when other druids are in the party for this reason, and being one myself was too much. surely the ultra bright light of lag is purely unnecessary and can be removed? after all druids are p2p, so i would think turbine management would get the devs right on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Fighter is fine, though I agree it is behind Paladin. Their greatest weakness is actually saving throws.
    statements like this are why i have no confidence in the dev team.

A small hint that may help if the animation causes lag on your machine: lower you antialiasing setting in the options menu. The animation with AA at 16 had my 7970 scream for mercy, but at 4 everything runs smoothly.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I don't think they need to get rid of the animation of changing shape but they could do without the bright light. When I run my druid I always get my ship buffs in humanoid form (except for the training dummy). And during quests I usually shift out of animal form when opening doors, pulling levers & climbing ladders. You only have to click 1 button to do that so its not a time waster.
    Actually that freaking blinding brightness is what hides how they are actually doing the animation. There isn't a morphing at all happening. Just the character crouching down, Men in Black flashy thingy, and poof. you are now a wolf/bear and your friends remember nothing.

Also sign myself and my wife up on the side of the group of people that find it too damn much of bright flash.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post

This^. Since wolf and owlbear pets can manipulate stuff, wolf or bear Druids should be able to as well lol. Especially since they have a human brain behind the effort. Plus I've seen a lot of RL dogs (and even some house cats) that can open doors.

I think they wanted to make that animation to be cool. But its more annoying.

Community Member

Yes please.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-24-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Community Member

I completely agree with this thread! I've started having hirelings open doors and whatnot whenever possible because I can't stand the blinding light.

But ... but ... they need to be able to see what they are doing!!

ROFL .. yeah in all honesty this could use a tweak.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    make the wolf/bear forms hump the door open.
    I think everyone can agree this is the best solution. I would also recommend this be implemented to lever pulling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast