Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

I've never done this event before. Did one run with my Monk and got a Necklace +8 CHA, +7 Nat Armor, -1 Str. Not bad. I might even equip it.

It's free. I'll take it.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I suggest this be made into 1 free egg token/day like one can get free challenge tokens.

On another note I tried this four out of my five times with a monk and abundant step and still was lousy. Anyone recommend a map of a good route? Looked on forums and wiki here but found only videos.

There is this map; anyone know if it is still good? Seems like the eggs were all there in those locations when I ran it.
    Here is another one from 2007
    AFAIK those maps are still good. See the last posts on the thread which are from when the festival was open last month.

I will admit I am kinda bummed that the distribution of traveler's festival goodies is limited to 1/account. I liked the older distribution better, but at least Turbine fixed their mistake 'good enough'. Character space is at a premium anyways. I'd be raging if they didn't give us back the free blessings of the travelers...

Thanks for listening Turbine!

(Well, good enough anyways)
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by elsmoor View Post
    Think yourself lucky - I used my blessing and got 2 potions of wonder. Now that was really worth my time!

Same I was able to get the ultimate aura 4 times, and when I used my blessing I got 2 potions of wonder...

Community Member

Out of curiousity, why the store code instead of just having the free things in inventory like they've always been before?

I didn't even realize it came back. You have to scroll the client notes to find it- considering those don't often get read anyway, it might as well not be there at all. No splash screen. No in-game announcement. In fact, I only noticed it because of the gen.discussion thread that made me wonder where the free blessings were.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Just an update, there was a typo on the Blessing coupon, it is now: 1BLESS
    I just used this and it did not work for me, took my TP

No way i'm going to try the other code now

Community Member

I did run 25 times including the freebies it cost close to 6000 tp.

What i got was 8 sovereing elixirs and 2 ruby eyes of force, rest was gold seal healings.
    If i top up the tp cost of the items i got its 8130 tp from store.

Well i did get 2k tp points of worth more items but most are healing pots i don't use anyway...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phrida View Post
    I just used this and it did not work for me, took my TP

No way i'm going to try the other code now
    sounds like you diddnt apply the coupon, it would only take your turbine points if you clicked buy instead of apply coupon because when you hit apply it either rejects it or changes the price to 0.
    Sarlona: Kherek, Humu, Humuhumu, humuhumunuku , ookluh, maybe a few others!

Default Monetization

Thing is, will these changes really make people more interested in participation, and in particular buying TP?

I used about 22 tokens with 3 blessings, on different accounts. I used Heroic characters with fortune gems, since I'm a F2P who spends money (presumably Turbine's secondary target consumer group).

I received two of the XP potions, the 50 * heal pots, and the rest was vendor trash with a few augment sockets mixed in. There's no way I'm going to plunk down TP for tokens (or blessings) if I'd be better off buying shards, even if I weren't still favor farming to buy modules. So IMO there's really not as much chance that anyone other than VIP's with tons of spare TP are going to gamble on this extensively.

If they make either the blessings or tokens very cheap/free, it increases the likelihood of gambling. Even something like the daily dice tables, with XP rewards being equivalent to item drops, probably won't get a lot of TP purchases if the likelihood of tomes and such are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka808 View Post
    sounds like you diddnt apply the coupon, it would only take your turbine points if you clicked buy instead of apply coupon because when you hit apply it either rejects it or changes the price to 0.
    Oh man, i think this is what happened. thank you, what a newb i am, sheesh

Community Member

It never let me pull any of the codes tried 3 times already and wouldnt work said expired on the 19th

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zerit View Post
    It never let me pull any of the codes tried 3 times already and wouldnt work said expired on the 19th
    You realized, that this is from last year 2014? We have 2015 now.

Code is AIR17 for 3 tokens of the Traveller.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123