Community Member

Default My Settings go back to default after every log off

Man I can't even begin to explain. I am not a pro by any means But I have played for a solid year with 3 diff laptops. first 2 I had were way underpowered and I finally got a 4430s Hewlett Packard notebook with a quad core I3 processor and Good nuff integrated graphics card to play this on high settings. Only Issue I got Is every time I quit game and log back on All the settings In options go back to default and I have to redo all the settings back to they keys I like. Like move camera forward I program with The A key and turn left with the W key. Then It goes back to default when I log back on. I run win 7 and I even tried to log on as Administrator with no luck. Has anyone else had this Issue? Relatively minor thing and not gonna raise a stink But I would love to fix this as It can be a bit annoying.https://www.ddo.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.png

make sure the files are not set to read only. i have had that happen once. think the config files are in your docs folder

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    make sure the files are not set to read only. i have had that happen once. think the config files are in your docs folder
    I will try this out and report back on this. Thank you for the lead. You seem to know computers pretty well. As Me and entire guild have yet to come up with an Idea. If this works I will post This Idea In guild for any new players or anyone with a diff laptop for them to use.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    I checked all my files. none were set to read only or hidden either one. I logged on today and had to relog 3 times. I was using Intenet explorer. Weird thing Is after I ran cc cleaner and downloaded Firefox problem seems fixed long as I log In as administrator. I also had a friend overlook my laptop and he told me windows explorer was messed up and that I was only running 1 processor for game on my quad core system. So he switched It to 2 processors and so far things seem better. Will do a final post tomorrow. I hope that If anyone Is having a similar Issue they will look over this.I also Uninstalled my antivirus and stick to firefox and their security apps, Web of truth, and use Malwarebytes. I never had an Issue with Win explorer before and since I switched to firefox things seem to run a whole lot better.

Community Member

All things good since I log In ad Admin on game and use firefox.