Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Advice needed:Temple of the Deathwyrm jump room

Hello all,
    I havent played too much since the new raids were released, so I kinda missed the "community learning curve" on the raid mechanics. Ive done the raid only twice and both times I got held up in the jump room, to the point where I needed to whack myself and have my stone carried up....
    I can get across the bump out part - its that last couple jumps to the portal that i cant make. Is there some advice out there?
    With a jump spell, I am at 55 so I should be able to make it. I want to contribute to the raid and not have to be a burden to another player.
    Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_sRRIOn38

You can jump straight to the ledge from the first bump.
    The trick is to not target the ledge straight when you jump but jump 'into' the room and then turn right sharply.
    Works for me.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

thanks for the reply...yeah, I watched the vid clip before i tried the raid, but i missed that subtlety in the movement when jumping - makes sense now. Looking forward to trying it!

Personally I've never been able to make that jump from the first bump to the ledge.
    I've found it far more reliable to jump to the second bump, then to the bump above, then to the ledge.

Most people who get stuck in the jump room keep trying to make the more direct jump and get frustrated, instead of just going for the slower but easier indirect method.
    So if you find you can't make the jump like in the video, just try to do it the other way instead of getting stubborn.

Die in the laser and have someone carry you up.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_sRRIOn38

You can jump straight to the ledge from the first bump.
    The trick is to not target the ledge straight when you jump but jump 'into' the room and then turn right sharply.
    Works for me.
    Requires gear to be farmed or a feat/enhancement.

With haste, you can jump onto the first lower bump and run across. As you fall, your hasted speed will let you catch the edge of the next bump. Get to the end, turn around, jump up, grab the top bumps ledge, and hop to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post

With haste, you can jump onto the first lower bump and run across. As you fall, your hasted speed will let you catch the edge of the next bump. Get to the end, turn around, jump up, grab the top bumps ledge, and hop to the end.
    You don't need to get to the end. The first bump you can run/jump to will let you jump up to the bump above. And from there it's really easy to jump to the ledge.

When jumping on the bumps, try to aim at the corner where it connects with the wall.
    Don't jump parallelly to the wall, but at 45 degrees angle.
    That was huge help for me when I got told that.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Like anything else, it just takes a little practice. I have trouble making the jump sometimes as I get dizzy making turning jumps in game,(which is probably why I do not play arcane casters), just try and get into as many shadow dragon raids as you can and practice whenever you get into the mario room

Also, jump caps at 40, so if you ever TR, you really don't need that many points in it and can put them other places

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I can't easily make the direct jump either. This is what I do instead:

-Get to that last jump up to the final ledge just below this last jump up to the portal

-Although you can jump up on the spoke that's over this ledge, walk around it to the end of this platform against the wall - there is another spoke just beyond this which is a little higher up than the spoke above you

-Walk right to the edge, against the wall facing this spoke just beyond this platform and jump mostly up with a little tap forward. You don't have to be that accurate and you will mostly catch the edge and can pull

-Turn around and face the final portal ledge and there is another spoke above you and forward. Same thing - go to the edge, jump mostly up but gently tap forward. You don't have to be that accurate and again you should be able to catch the edge and pull yourself up.

-From here you're almost on the same level as the portal platform and you can jump over to there fairly easily.

I'm sure that's as clear as mud without pictures I'll see if I can get a sensible screenshot when next I'm in there if that helps.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post

OP was only asking about the last jump. Who in DDO doesn't have buffs/clickies/Str/skills to get to 40 jump at lvl 26?
    That's all you need. Rest is about your movement while doing the jump.

Edit: I think what you described is the part that is bypassed in the video by abundant step.
    That was not was the OP was asking about, but the moethod you describe does work if you not happen to have cannith boots/wings/abundant step.
    Last edited by Eth; 04-16-2014 at 02:46 AM.

Community Member

OP was only asking about the last jump. Who in DDO doesn't have buffs/clickies/Str/skills to get to 40 jump at lvl 26?
    That's all you need. Rest is about your movement while doing the jump.

Edit: I think what you described is the part that is bypassed in the video by abundant step.
    That was not was the OP was asking about, but the moethod you describe does work if you not happen to have cannith boots/wings/abundant step.
    thanks all for the replies....
    update: ran the raid a few more times since original post. I finally made the final jump to the portal ledge using the method described above - after getting across the 5 or 6 bump outs that lead to the platform, jump up to the next bump out. From there, I jumped facing the room, parallel to the platform leading to the last small jump to the portal, and turned 90 degrees to the right and landed perfectly. The only things assisting me were FF and jump spell. Now that I have done it successfully, I know what the "feel" is to get myself properly lined up - prolly wont be such an issue for me after I get more runs under my belt.

Hero

Or if you are super lazy like me, you can buy Missile-Toe from the store (it does the same things as Boots or Wings/Wind Dance) and zoom across it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    this.

take off your spell absorb items first.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    this.

take off your spell absorb items first.
    ...but, what if everyone in a run does that?

Hero

Consider it a good thing since you don't have to suffer thru the rest of the raid in that group!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Mouselook helps

Seriously though jaegarnel has the "easy way" just jump away from the portal to the small bumps and mantel up, face the portal and jump to the next higher bump, mantel up and then you're level with the portal balcony and ledges and it's an easy jump from there. You can't overshoot if you mantel up, which makes it a lot easier.

Personally I wish they had made this room twice as high and semi-randomly reconfigure.

Anyone else reminded of NES Wizards and Warriors by this room?
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

If you don't get multiple people wanting to do the jump room - time for one of the other options. To me jump room is last resort because there are always multiple people that can't do it.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Personally I wish they had made this room twice as high and semi-randomly reconfigure.
    What are you, some kind of sadist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Here is a SS of a suggested alternate route - my contrast is not that good in the actual shot.

1. Go to the edge of the ledge facing out away from the portal out at point A.
    2. Jump up and at the last moment tap forward to catch the ledge at point 2 then pull yourself up.
    3. Turn around then jump up and at the last moment tap forward to catch the ledge of ledge at point 3 to pull yourself up. Should be easy to jump across to point A and the portal out from there with ff.

You're ignoring the ledge that most people will go on up off circled in red.

Edit: One extra thing - don't stand too close to the wall when you do this. I found I was bouncing off the wall and falling off.

Last edited by MeliCat; 04-19-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast