Community Member

Question Where can I get tokens of the twelve?

I'm looking to reincarnate and don't want to spend real money on a heart of wood.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by JackLV View Post
    I'm looking to reincarnate and don't want to spend real money on a heart of wood.
    Epic quests in Eberron all drop either tokens or token fragments in the end chest. 100 fragments can be combined in the stone of change for 1 token.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 04-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Epic quests in Eberron all drop either tokens of token fragments in the end chest. 100 fragments can be combined in the stone of change for 1 token.
    Exactly this.

Epic Devil Assault is a particularly good source tokens, and also pretty good experience. I run it regularly.

You can trade 1000 of any Epic Cannith challenge ingredient for an epic token. Some of the challenges give enough ingredients per time that this is a pretty good way to get tokens.

The three part EH Web of Chaos chain is a pretty quick run through. It doesn't give full tokens, but the quests are quick and there are enough shards to be worthwhile. Also pretty good experience.

Basically, it just comes down to running things in Eberron rather than in the Forgotten Realms. Obviously you can get more if you run on Epic Elite, but for the sole purpose of earning tokens, I think quick EH runs are a lot better.
    Last edited by Cardtrick; 04-14-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    You can trade 1000 of any Epic Cannith challenge ingredient for an epic token.
    It's actually only 300 of each ingredient to exchange for a Token of the Twelve.

If you're good at one or more of the challenges, this is a fairly efficient method. I also recognize that certain classes do a lot better than others, though, so I tend to use my lvl 25 fighter whenever I need a bunch of challenge ingredients.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

And Raid Tokens of the Twelve can be converted into normal tokens with the Stone of Change.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    It's actually only 300 of each ingredient to exchange for a Token of the Twelve.

If you're good at one or more of the challenges, this is a fairly efficient method. I also recognize that certain classes do a lot better than others, though, so I tend to use my lvl 25 fighter whenever I need a bunch of challenge ingredients.
    Oh yeah, that's totally right. That's way better.

You can get about that many in one 10 minute run of Labor Shortage.

Whenever I get the itch to play challenges, I'm thinking that I'll use the rewards for tokens, but I always end up deciding I'd rather get an item or weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Oh yeah, that's totally right. That's way better.

You can get about that many in one 10 minute run of Labor Shortage.

Whenever I get the itch to play challenges, I'm thinking that I'll use the rewards for tokens, but I always end up deciding I'd rather get an item or weapon.
    Exactly why this seems to be about the right amount of effort...to me, at least [there seems to be sentiment to the contrary among the dungeon masters]. If you really wanna farm the things, then yes: you can get a heroic HoW in a single evening. But (1) that's no longer a huge goal for most; and (2) the challenges fund a slew of really useful gear that is good to have for a dozen levels.

Heck, exchanging the tokens for premium augments is also a good thing.