Community Member

Default Monster Manual additions

It seems like it has been quite a while since the last monster manual section was added. I know Turbine has been adding creatures to the existing sections as new content has been added. However, it would be nice to track kill counts of some of the other types of creatures as well. For instance, there are a ton of the following creatures in game that aren't tracked:

Orcs
    Gnolls
    Drow
    Ogres
    Dogs (could be added to the wolf entry)
    Flensers / Reavers
    Wildmen
    Bearded Devils
    Yuan-ti
    Plant monsters (lumped together under misc)

Sadly, more MM additions are unlikely. The Devs have said that creating and maintaining the MMs were more work then they anticipated, and work on them had ceased. This was a while ago, so perhaps they'll revisit that stance. But, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of future MM content. Pity, since it was one of the most universally popular things Turbine has introduced in the past few years.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

They said it takes too much time to make, so I doubt we will see new additions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by carsonfball View Post
    It seems like it has been quite a while since the last monster manual section was added. I know Turbine has been adding creatures to the existing sections as new content has been added. However, it would be nice to track kill counts of some of the other types of creatures as well. For instance, there are a ton of the following creatures in game that aren't tracked:

Orcs
    Gnolls
    Drow
    Ogres
    Dogs (could be added to the wolf entry)
    Flensers / Reavers
    Wildmen
    Bearded Devils
    Yuan-ti
    Plant monsters (lumped together under misc)
    Hopefully, the devs will roll out one last Monster Manual expansion if only to include the core monsters that were omitted the first time around. Even if Turbine has to charge more for the additional volumes, DDO should do this just for the sake of completion.

We wouldn't want our poor put-upon devs to have to spend a lot of hours of hard work for content DDO players actually want, now would we?

Community Member

That's too bad. The old content became enjoyable again. "Oh wow, I just found that troll I'd been missing!"

I feel ripped off having bought into a system only to have it discontinued. Please continue the Monster Manuals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    They said it takes too much time to make, so I doubt we will see new additions to it.
    it seems rather messed up that a company which has been attaching unpopular price tags to just about everything has decided that a particular item the players like and are *eager* to purchase is too much bother.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    it seems rather messed up that a company which has been attaching unpopular price tags to just about everything has decided that a particular item the players like and are *eager* to purchase is too much bother.

Most likely they discontinued it because they weren't making enough money on it. It's a nice VIP perk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Most likely they discontinued it because they weren't making enough money on it. It's a nice VIP perk though.
    Agreed. DDO can add several low maintenance VIP perks I suggested in earlier posts to attract more subscribers. The Monster Manual is one of the best VIP perks, IMO.

I'm still waiting for the named undead from Heyton's Rest.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

I hate when they start something and stop halfway through... theres already enaught half-made content in DDO... dont need to add more. Its a great idea, but if you lack quite lot of stuff in it (thinking of the drow, gnols etc) than theres a problem, just like having sagas for only a few chain quest. At least add a base of each of those, so we can get completion and see the hp of ALL the mobs (that would be something I would aim for!)

Dont have to keep it updated after that, because I agree its alot of stuff to do every single time, but at least finish the basic with it, Im sure lot of ppl would be happy.

Perhaps, instead of making lump sets, sell each one individually. Older packs included 10 monster sets for 595 Turbine Points or 59.5 TP per monster. Sell each set for 100 TP and make 68.6% more TP.