Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why not go first lvl arti so you can do traps, then 2 monk for evasion, rest up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    3 arti lvls wont bring you any dps.
    1d6 elemental damage on your bow when soloing, and tenser's scrolls last a bit longer. So it actually does bring DPS. If he's not doing EE in general, there's nothing the 3 arti will give him that is overshadowed by 3 paladin.

Why not go first lvl arti so you can do traps, then 2 monk for evasion, rest up to you.
    Yeah caught that with my edit before noticing a fourth page. I like the early evasion thought but it would mean no bows until level 4. So do you think the build in the edit is cool? 1 A, 2-3 R, 4-5 M, 6-9 R, 10-13 M, 14 A, 15-19 R, 20 A

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 200223160 View Post
    Are you wielding a long sword and a shortsword/dagger? Just curious because while I have been grinding some hand wraps, Stonedust Handwraps of lesser Vamprism, I have gotten good dagger drops like Sacrificial Dagger. I also got this amazing anarchic burst, vorpal khopesh with ML 18. Granted that would give neg level being lawful, but I could definatwly use that in a future life :P. Which longswords would you reccomend as you level? Which short swords/daggers. And that build for arti never showed which level went where. I'm thinking that if I'm going to do Arti, considering that I will need the actual arti level to fill up a ton of missing skill points, 1-2 ranger, 3-4 monk, 5 arti, 6-9 ranger, 10-13 monk, 14 arti, 15-19 ranger, 20 arti. Does that sound about rigt?

Also I have to agree with you, Combat Archery or whatever that 21 dex epic feat is, is good for the +1(W), but you get tons more utility out of everything else if you go for the r/m/a. So if you can clear up some of those questions and explain why you have multiple feats in each place on your build I think I'll use this
    I actually wielded all 3 at one point, but I dropped longswords once I hit epics and started running EE's because the last of crit range really hurt the DPS at those levels, which translated to a lack of survivability because it took to long to kill EE mobs while melee with longswords. So I dropped them and went with staff/shortswords(Sireth and Celestia's, the Comm Shortsword Star of Day is a quick and easy place holder.)

Level order works best as follows: 1 Arti/2-7 Monk/8-9 Arti/10-20 Ranger.
    I wanted evasion ASAP, for zerging through traps on elite(I skip them in 1-10 level content), but you can front load your arti levels more if you want.

If you don't already have any good named shortswords/staffs handwraps are the best way to go about meleeing.

3 arti lvls wont bring you any dps.
    Actually it will, not much granted, but enough on top of the utility it brings.
    Elemental spell for bonus damage is pretty nice while leveling, and is free DPS when there is no arti in the group to toss you a deadly.
    I find it funny that OP understands this better than you, a supposed vet, when he's the one asking for build advice.

it's supposed to bring utility on top of the dps i already have
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Why would you front load the artificer levels and delay the ranger? Wouldn't that force you to use x-bows and handwraps all the way until level 10?

Why wouldn't you space out the artificer levels more and take ranger levels earlier?

Oh and on your build, when it has
    Feats -
    Point Blank Shot
    Path of Inevitable Dominion
    Power Attack
    WF: Slashing/Cleave
    Zen Archery
    Whirling Steel Strike/Great Cleave
    Imp Crit: Ranged
    Imp Crit: Slashing
    Mobility
    Toughness
    Dodge
    Precision

on those ones with Feat/Feat does that mean get both or does that mean get one or the other?

[EDIT] One last thing, which H-Elf dille would you take?
    I'm guessing fighter so that you can get the longsword proficiency pre level 10 (according to your original class build) meaning that I can get whirling steel and dual wield before then. Also I'm guessing that you ARE using X-Bows level 1. I'm also assuming that you're using handwraps until you get to the free dual wielding ranger levels.
    Last edited by 200223160; 04-12-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I actually wielded all 3 at one point, but I dropped longswords once I hit epics and started running EE's because the last of crit range really hurt the DPS at those levels, which translated to a lack of survivability because it took to long to kill EE mobs while melee with longswords. So I dropped them and went with staff/shortswords(Sireth and Celestia's, the Comm Shortsword Star of Day is a quick and easy place holder.)

Level order works best as follows: 1 Arti/2-7 Monk/8-9 Arti/10-20 Ranger.
    I wanted evasion ASAP, for zerging through traps on elite(I skip them in 1-10 level content), but you can front load your arti levels more if you want.

If you don't already have any good named shortswords/staffs handwraps are the best way to go about meleeing.

Actually it will, not much granted, but enough on top of the utility it brings.
    Elemental spell for bonus damage is pretty nice while leveling, and is free DPS when there is no arti in the group to toss you a deadly.
    I find it funny that OP understands this better than you, a supposed vet, when he's the one asking for build advice.
    1d6 you call dps?
    lol

Why would you front load the artificer levels and delay the ranger? Wouldn't that force you to use x-bows and handwraps all the way until level 10?

Why wouldn't you space out the artificer levels more and take ranger levels earlier?

Oh and on your build, when it has
    Feats -
    Point Blank Shot
    Power Attack
    Zen Archery
    Mobility
    Toughness
    Dodge
    Precision

on those ones with Feat/Feat does that mean get both or does that mean get one or the other?
    No master of forms feat, no 10k, give me a link to this build.

1d6 you call dps?
    lol
    Keep in mind he said while leveling, pre 10 it's a free flaming or acid weapon which would otherwise be like 2 ML higher

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ediocre-Builds

it's the second build listed:

11Ranger/6Monk/3Arti
    34pnt, Half Elf Female
    Lawful Good
    Arcane Archer

HP - 800
    SP - 1,337
    AC - 89
    PRR - 55

Saves -
    64 Fortitude
    68 Reflex
    61 Will

Stats -
    Strength - 16 +2 levels up
    Dexterity - 12
    Constitution - 14
    Intelligence - 12
    Wisdom - 16 +3 levels up
    Charisma - 8
    +4 Tome in every stat

Skills -
    UMD
    Search/Disable/Open Lock
    Concentration

Feats -
    Point Blank Shot
    Power Attack
    Zen Archery
    Mobility
    Toughness
    Dodge
    Precision

Favored Enemies -
    Elf
    Dragon
    Giant

Epic Destiny -
    Fury of the Wild(Ranged)
    Legendary Dreadnaught(Melee)

is all there is

Here's a summary of the questions I would like answered while I'm asleep so that I can start this life tomorrow morning.

First though, here's the build : 11 Ranger, 6 Monk, 3 Artificer.
    The reccomended leveling order is 1 A, 2-7 M, 8-9 A, 10-20 R

First question, why take ranger levels so late?

Two, why front load the arti levels instead of having them spaced and using extra skill points to cap them out after a ton of +.5

Three, if the above questions have no good answer, what should the leveling order be and what are thoughts on :
    1 A, 2-3 R, 4-5 M (or 2-3 M, 4-5 R) , 6-9 R, 10-13 M, 14 A, 15-19 R, 20 A, 21-28 Epic ( :P )

Four, WHAT IS THE FEAT ORDER AND H-ELF DILLETANTE PLEASE!!!!!! BTW, I'm over the paladin dille, maybe on a H-Elf sorc or something.

Five, what are the MAJOR enchantments I should focus for (I can do the filler stuff how I please)

Six, TO FIT ALL OF THIS, what are the starting stat points? (16 str, 12 dex, 14 con. 12 int, 16 wis, 8 cha sounds good unless there are major renovations)

Seven, which weapons should I use when and where in my leveling!?

Eight, will I be strong enough to run epic quests without being a waste (as in being useful on EH and having at least mediocre dps and utility on EE)

LASTLY, is there ANYTHING I should be aware of before starting this, I do NOT want to F*** ovdr my first TR considering my second highest level is only a level 14 AND GIMP elf palemaster with 1200 sp (with 31 int and like a wizardry 6 ring) and 240 or so hp with spells I should really spend an hour messing around with
    Last edited by 200223160; 04-12-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: New questions I thought of

Because meleeing is stronger than bow in heroics.
    On my monkcher I didnt ranger till I was 20, rest of the answers someone else will have to answer because you are dumping dex, dont want to take combat archery so I cant give you advices.
    You will spend 30+ ap in aa tree, something in deepwood, few in henshin to get contemplation.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 04-12-2014 at 09:38 PM.

1d6 you call dps? lol
    It adds damage per second, so yes. But again, I don't build toons to max out damage, I build them to be as versatile as possible, and to be fun. They just also happen to do a lot of DPS.

The basic template of the build I linked him was from before the enhancement pass, things would obviously have to be adjusted, and could be done really simply.
    I linked it, and told OP of the basic concept. But I'm pretty sure that in my build thread it states things would have to be changed.

Here's a summary of the questions I would like answered while I'm asleep so that I can start this life tomorrow morning.
    First though, here's the build : 11 Ranger, 6 Monk, 3 Artificer.
    The reccomended leveling order is 1 A, 2-7 M, 8-9 A, 10-20 R

First question, why take ranger levels so late?

Two, why front load the arti levels instead of having them spaced and using extra skill points to cap them out after a ton of +.5

Three, if the above questions have no good answer, what should the leveling order be and what are thoughts on :
    1 A, 2-3 R, 4-5 M (or 2-3 M, 4-5 R) , 6-9 R, 10-13 M, 14 A, 15-19 R, 20 A, 21-28 Epic ( :P )

Four, WHAT IS THE FEAT ORDER AND H-ELF DILLETANTE PLEASE!!!!!! BTW, I'm over the paladin dille, maybe on a H-Elf sorc or something.

Five, what are the MAJOR enchantments I should focus for (I can do the filler stuff how I please)

Six, TO FIT ALL OF THIS, what are the starting stat points? (16 str, 12 dex, 14 con. 12 int, 16 wis, 8 cha sounds good unless there are major renovations)

Seven, which weapons should I use when and where in my leveling!?

Eight, will I be strong enough to run epic quests without being a waste (as in being useful on EH and having at least mediocre dps and utility on EE)

LASTLY, is there ANYTHING I should be aware of before starting this, I do NOT want to F*** ovdr my first TR considering my second highest level is only a level 14 AND GIMP elf palemaster with 1200 sp (with 31 int and like a wizardry 6 ring) and 240 or so hp with spells I should really spend an hour messing around with
    Because I liked using xbows while doing low level quests, and the spells were useful at low levels as well. Skill points don't really play to much into it as Rangers get more skill points per level than arti do. Which is why I personally backloaded ranger levels as much as possible. (was the deciding factor anyways)

Feat order is... Well, I can't think of it off the top of my head actually. I LR so many times at cap each life I forget what I originally did. lol
    Main thing is to get PA, Cleave, Great Cleave, and your Imp. Crit feats early in the build as they will be the most help while leveling. The rest is really up to you.

If you've given up on Palli Dille then that looks fine to me I guess.

Staffs, Shortswords, and handwraps. Silver Longbow until you get some better named bows.

Once you get some gear on you that build should be able to handle anything except the very highest level of endgame content(IE. the new EE Raids.)

Just work on getting gear, and don't worry to much about the rest. Idk, I had a blast with this build and I did a lot with it. Solo'd almost every EE quest in the game when I was at cap with it, Tanked EE FOT a number of times, Solo'd EN CITW, EH FOT, a bunch of the old raids. If you put your time and effort into it, it should pay off.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    It adds damage per second, so yes. But again, I don't build toons to max out damage, I build them to be as versatile as possible, and to be fun. They just also happen to do a lot of DPS.

The basic template of the build I linked him was from before the enhancement pass, things would obviously have to be adjusted, and could be done really simply.
    I linked it, and told OP of the basic concept. But I'm pretty sure that in my build thread it states things would have to be changed.

Because I liked using xbows while doing low level quests, and the spells were useful at low levels as well. Skill points don't really play to much into it as Rangers get more skill points per level than arti do. Which is why I personally backloaded ranger levels as much as possible. (was the deciding factor anyways)

Feat order is... Well, I can't think of it off the top of my head actually. I LR so many times at cap each life I forget what I originally did. lol
    Main thing is to get PA, Cleave, Great Cleave, and your Imp. Crit feats early in the build as they will be the most help while leveling. The rest is really up to you.

If you've given up on Palli Dille then that looks fine to me I guess.

Staffs, Shortswords, and handwraps. Silver Longbow until you get some better named bows.

Once you get some gear on you that build should be able to handle anything except the very highest level of endgame content(IE. the new EE Raids.)

Just work on getting gear, and don't worry to much about the rest. Idk, I had a blast with this build and I did a lot with it. Solo'd almost every EE quest in the game when I was at cap with it, Tanked EE FOT a number of times, Solo'd EN CITW, EH FOT, a bunch of the old raids. If you put your time and effort into it, it should pay off.

Few things you skipped: Dilletante, enhancements, and w t f you can use x-bows while centered? And you didnt seem to plan out zen archery and whirling steel... Could you get back to me on those? Thanks for all the help though, at this rate I should prob start planning my third life right now too :P

[EDIT] Since you are focusing on QS, short swords, and wraps in early levels before transitioning into bows, would you go Barbarian Dilettante, get the 1 dr level 1, get 5 HP each bonus Dilettante enhancement, get like another +3-4 DR from other enhancements capping at like +20-25 hp and 3-4 DR , although Fighter would give the the + to damage and let you use longbows earlier, so what would be better?
    Last edited by 200223160; 04-13-2014 at 06:18 AM.

lol. I am so glad I haven't had time to follow this thread again until now. A monkcher with 3 artificer levels. roflmao , but whatever works I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    lol. I am so glad I haven't had time to follow this thread again until now. A monkcher with 3 artificer levels. roflmao , but whatever works I guess.
    that doesn't answer which dilettante to take Q.Q

that doesn't answer which dilettante to take Q.Q
    You can go with cleric till epics, 95% heal scroll.

You can go with cleric till epics, 95% heal scroll.
    but would that overshadow the fighter damage and barbarian DR and Health?

but would that overshadow the fighter damage and barbarian DR and Health?
    Heal for 200, or do extra 1-2 dmg or have 1-2 dr, should be easy to decide.

Heal for 200, or do extra 1-2 dmg or have 1-2 dr, should be easy to decide.
    eh good point :P

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    As opposed to the exact same class split every other monkcher plays? And most of them play them pretty badly...
    Don't knock the synergies until you've played it. I know first hand it was an amazing build and I did the exact same things other good monkchers on more traditional splits did.

The only thing the splits lacks VS. a /2 paladin split is the god like saves. Still at 25 I had saves in the high 50's which was more than enough at the time. Now you may need more for EE Raids/shadowfell stuff, but since OP is probably going to be running EH and the occasional EE it should be perfect.

What 3 levels of a class would you add for more diversity and utility?
    Last edited by TheLegendOfAra; 04-13-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast