Community Member

Lightbulb Auto Ship Buff, Ship Teleport

Greetings all!

Running around my guild ship to collect every buff between instances can get quite... long. (I've calculated that, even with the Phiarlan speed boost, it can take 5+ minutes for a Stormglory Typhoon with seemingly every ship buff.) This is especially notable on large ships.

My solution? Similar to a Paladin's Aura of Good: When on a guild ship, you are automatically affected by all buffs that ship currently grants. It saves the 5+ minute runaround and lets us explore more of the game! Alternatively, talk to one person and be immediately affected by all available buffs on that ship.

Additionally, I'd like the option to use the teleport and greater teleport spells to warp directly to my guild ship (or immediately next to a ship access point).

These seem like simple solutions. Thankee!

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

I would like Teleport to Marketplace to teleport to falconer's spire but Teleport to Airship just shouldn't work as Teleport is written in PnP.

On the other hand automatic ship buffs would be nice and I sign the suggestion. I would like an Opt-In preferably on an individual buff basis but I do not need to have it at that cost of more bugs.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Community Member lazlow-scarbrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endarire View Post
    Greetings all!

Running around my guild ship to collect every buff between instances can get quite... long. (I've calculated that, even with the Phiarlan speed boost, it can take 5+ minutes for a Stormglory Typhoon with seemingly every ship buff.) This is especially notable on large ships.

My solution? Similar to a Paladin's Aura of Good: When on a guild ship, you are automatically affected by all buffs that ship currently grants. It saves the 5+ minute runaround and lets us explore more of the game! Alternatively, talk to one person and be immediately affected by all available buffs on that ship.

Additionally, I'd like the option to use the teleport and greater teleport spells to warp directly to my guild ship (or immediately next to a ship access point).

I am with you, I have wanted those for a while now

Thankee!
    Something like this is supposedly coming with update 22.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    I would like Teleport to Marketplace to teleport to falconer's spire but Teleport to Airship just shouldn't work as Teleport is written in PnP.

On the other hand automatic ship buffs would be nice and I sign the suggestion. I would like an Opt-In preferably on an individual buff basis but I do not need to have it at that cost of more bugs.
    How do ship buffs work in PnP?

Point being this game has long ceased being to the letter of PnP so teleporting to a ship would be ok imho. The REAL reason it won't happen is because there is a pay for teleport in the DDO store and Turbine is not about eliminating revenue.

I am also for insta ship buffs. Or, maybe just a one time clickie guy who gives you everything that is currently active on the boat.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    How do ship buffs work in PnP?

Point being this game has long ceased being to the letter of PnP so teleporting to a ship would be ok imho. The REAL reason it won't happen is because there is a pay for teleport in the DDO store and Turbine is not about eliminating revenue.

I am also for insta ship buffs. Or, maybe just a one time clickie guy who gives you everything that is currently active on the boat.

I think DDO does try to stick to the lore of PNP, and does a pretty good job IMO. Now Mechanics is a different story.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I think DDO does try to stick to the lore of PNP, and does a pretty good job IMO. Now Mechanics is a different story.
    Right, but saying teleport should work like PnP is probably a bit strict. We all know the real reason there is no teleport to Guild Boats and it has nothing to do with PnP rules. There are teleports between houses and Marketplace etc and Navigators on the ships to speed things up, but certainly they will never add teleport locations via scroll that they are selling for cash in the DDO Store. My point is not if DDO keeps with PnP on all or most things. There is a ton they do and and lot they don't. So is the nature of being online vs on paper. My point is more monetary based.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Community Member

The only argument against TP-to-Ship is that you can buy that from the Store....but honestly, I think that particular ability (as well as Bracelets of Friends) would better serve Turbine as a loss-leader. Give that to us in-game (as opposed to buying it with TP), and I think the increased convenience will lead to increases in playtime, increases in grouping especially, and increases in secondary Store sales.

How many of you would play a PUG or run with a guild/channel group more often if you could go from wherever you are to wherever they are, with full ship buffs, within 10-15 seconds?

I would pay 5000 TP for button without cooldown that makes it available to teleport instantly to my guild's airship, 20000 TP for button making it available to teleport instantly to quest that group is doing.

I suggested the idea of Persistent Ship Buffs a long time ago, and that Ships would become "Launching" stations and social points.

Default Auto-buff

Greetings all!

Hej,

i go with you!

Respectfully to you devs, if we Players go to our airship, we want to get our buffs or do whatever. And when we are there, we take every buff we can get. Now: when entering the airship, apply those buffs on us like the City Regeneration so we dont have to go to every shrine etc. It´s a waste of time and very boring to always take the same hamster-wheel-round to every single shrine or Person we Need for buffing.

Just let us visit our ship, get any buff available from it within a second and we can leave for the real Thing.

About teleporting i wanna say it´s ok to take a short walk around and "stay within the world" besides getting that spacey Feeling from "Scotty" and getting beamed everywhere. If you make teleport-to-quest available, i demand the "right beam-me-to-endboss" Option so we can save a lot of time with killing trash and just take the filet for a xp-quicky and fast-looting.
    “I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim, where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge, or lustre, or name.”

Cannith

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Here is Cordovan's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're actually working on a dev diary that will provide some cool insight into what'll be coming in Update 22. It's not yet ready, though, and we've got PAX East and such this weekend (in addition to our regular work), so it might be a little while before the diary sees the light of day.

I can say, however, that yes - there will be a "get all buffs" button.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Greetings all!

Running around my guild ship to collect every buff between instances can get quite... long. (I've calculated that, even with the Phiarlan speed boost, it can take 5+ minutes for a Stormglory Typhoon with seemingly every ship buff.)
    What a complete load of nonesense. I guess that your 5+ minutes uses 30 second minutes unlike the rest of us.
    Or peerhaps you are running from top deck to bottom and back again to click buffs?

Default It's easy...

Just allow VIP subscribers to get instant ship buffs, and to teleport to their guild ships. It's basically a form of fast travel, which doesn't exist in Lord of the Rings unless you pay for it or a VIP subscriber. Same rules, on the back of a successful business model that is currently working just fine.
    The only difference between a weed and a flower is survival skill - Joseph

Community Member SlayerInFlorida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Just allow VIP subscribers to get instant ship buffs, and to teleport to their guild ships. It's basically a form of fast travel, which doesn't exist in Lord of the Rings unless you pay for it or a VIP subscriber. Same rules, on the back of a successful business model that is currently working just fine.
    Great idea! VIP needs more perks.
    SlayerInFlorida
    Light Monk Build