Default Exclusive Items Still Disappearing When Moving From Bank

I pulled an exclusive item out of the bank last night and did not realize I already had another one in my inventory. It went 'poof' and gone.

I thought that a dev posted that this bug was 'fixed' internally and would be pushed out in next update?
    Dorian

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-21-patch-1-release-notes
    Taking an exclusive item out of the Shared Bank, when you have another of the same exclusive item in your inventory, no longer causes the banked item to be destroyed.
    Yeah, oops.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I pulled an exclusive item out of the bank last night and did not realize I already had another one in my inventory. It went 'poof' and gone.

I thought that a dev posted that this bug was 'fixed' internally and would be pushed out in next update?
    Yeah, was in the patchnotes, too. Oh well, I bug-reported it, though I do not expect a compensation, and only got a canned response. At least hoping that the fix will make it into the next patch.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

It happened with the Magestar trinket... and it was from my shard bank account.

(Posted this info just in case a Dev reads this and needs a way to reproduce the problem.)
    Dorian

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Please list the items you lost. Obviously the fix is specific.

It appears that this release note was improperly included in the U21 Patch 1 notes. Sorry! This should be fixed for Update 22.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    It happened with the Magestar trinket... and it was from my shard bank account.

(Posted this info just in case a Dev reads this and needs a way to reproduce the problem.)
    Please check your mail in about 24 hours since you used the bank and lost an item. If your lost items are NOT returned in the lost and found, please post here.

Community Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    that's a pretty big mistake. it caused real people to lose real items.
    What?? You mean Word Processor of the Gods style? I gotta check this out!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

I experienced this yesterday. So today I deleted about 12 exclusive small bags across all toons. Replaced them with larges. Not going risk losing a bag full of ingredients that were intended for a toon about to craft something again. Far as I am concerned small exclusive bags are no longer a thing
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

Default isn't that a bit OTT Icronclan?

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I experienced this yesterday. So today I deleted about 12 exclusive small bags across all toons. Replaced them with larges. Not going risk losing a bag full of ingredients that were intended for a toon about to craft something again. Far as I am concerned small exclusive bags are no longer a thing

Not sure about you IronClan, but as far as I know the bags always get sent back to you by mail from the found objects - Normally you get them when you just log off and log back in again, or at most within a day or so (remember the borked outfits - those took 4 days?). And I never noticed that my ingredients went missing. By the way, it happened to me only yesterday, as I too had expected this to be solved, like the U21 release notes state.

So a bit of a mess-up for sure but certainly not something to suddenly act upon (after all its not change from before U21, this has been an issue for longer)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yes, I lost two items to this bug - but they came back in Lost & Found mail, so not a huge problem for me so far.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    that's a pretty big mistake. it caused real people to lose real items.
    Actually, it caused a made-up toon in a made-up world to lose made-up items.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yes, I lost two items to this bug - but they came back in Lost & Found mail, so not a huge problem for me so far.
    Likewise. Lost a Medium ingredients bag, it came back in Lost & Found.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"