Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Need Help naming my guild

So yeah pretty much the title I'm making a one man guild so that my /Pugging/Solo/Test Characters can make use of and test the various guild functions.

the basic idea is I want the name to reflect the fact that its essential full of experiments/soloists but I'm kind of drawing a blank all I can think of right now is "Gnomish Charsmiths" so I was hoping others would come up with something better.

For reference my other guilds are called Sibling Rivalry (Me & My GF and occasionally my brother - Orien) and ADHD Warriors (My various PnP groups...multiple static groups - Argo)

Anyways if I end up using someones suggestion I'll try to reward them in some way with in-game stuff...on Thelanis, Argo or Orien I have a better capacity to reward people but I should have something lying around on other servers.

So yeah go wild (puns appreciated )
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Not crushing it
    Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Not crushing it
    I don't get it (I'm probably missing something obvious)
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

The Xspiritmentals

The Xspiritmental Solowists
    Last edited by schelsullivan; 04-08-2014 at 02:35 PM.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

"The Island of Misfit Toons"

Crit Happens

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    The Xspiritmentals
    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    "The Island of Misfit Toons"
    These have some definite pun-tential

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Crit Happens
    Heh I have a shirt that says that...not sure if it fits what I'm looking for

Ok well so far Island of Misfit Toons is the front runner but in the interest of more responses I'll list off a few cool things from each server I could reward you (winners choice)

Thelanis: Gem of Ocean Winds or Crashing Waves x50, Various Large/Medium/Small Shroud Ingreads including Devil Scales, Shroud Energy Cells, Essences and Trap Parts, Various X-Mas Cookies, Tome Page 8, Various Event Items, Some Rare Collectables (ie. Lightning-Split Soarwood), Blue/White Dragon Scale, Small/Medium D-Shard Fragments, Collapsed Portable Hole, Various Mnomic Pots (Limited), 1 or more of each Anniversary Card (1-8),Dusk Heart, No ML Ring of Feathers, Plat

Orien: Anniversary Cards, X-Mas Cookies, LOTS of crafting ingreds (includ. rare ones), LDSs & other Shroud ingreds, Various event ingreds (obviously cant trade the bounds ones), various rare collectables (ie. Silver Flame Hymnal), +4 upgrade tome of jump, Small/Medium Purified Dragonshards

DROP TABLE Guild_Name;

If I hear the internet explode, it worked.
    [/post]

I'm going to be super busy this week since I'm moving in the 26th so sorry if I don't respond until after that so I'm going to run my "contest" until the 27/28th where i will announce the winner and work out the rewards.

Community Member

Variable
    Testing New Toons (abbreviation TNT)
    Forest Gimp
    Im Proving It (from 'I think this would be a great build idea'. 'oh yeah, prove it', little wordy on the explination though, heh)

Something to honor Marquez?
    100 Weeks of Solitude

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Testing New Toons (abbreviation TNT)
    I appreciate the abbreviation but don't like the actual title...if I end up using a guild name that uses TNT (and someone else diidn't make it) I'll still give you the reward *runs to the drawing board and writes down TNT in big letters...and stares at it...thinking*

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Im Proving It (from 'I think this would be a great build idea'. 'oh yeah, prove it', little wordy on the explination though, heh)
    Cool name, unfortunately about 60% of my test builds fail miserably in practice...the builds I deem useful I rebuild on other servers or switch to "Pug" mode on the same Server...but i won't forget this because theoretically I could have two guilds with this one being the for the "Graduating Class" for lack of a better term...so you may actually be rewarded if I go with this

Since I'm thinking of giving out secondary rewards feel free to Answe this question too, just don't forget the guild names

"What would be a good name for this (these) guild(s) mule...I need someone to carry all this junk"

Edit: Dammit IoMT was such a clear winner before, now I have to choose lol :P
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 04-22-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Man I expected a few more responses than this, like come on im giving away free stuff! Oh well as I said people have to the 28th to try ti beat "Island of Misfit Toons"

Hero inc slayers

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default guild

Solo Tester's Group

Solo Tester's Union

Experimental Association Conglomerate

Experimental Conglomerate

Pin Cushions

Voodoo Dolls
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Smile

Army of One?
    Me, Myself, & Eye?
    Livin' la Vida Solo?
    The One Musketeers?

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    one man guild
    "There can be only Juan"

And name your character Juan.

And yes, I'm awesome for coming up with this... I really should keep the idea and go make my own guild with this name
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Failures Finest
    Failed Fiasco
    Failed Legendaries

(inspired by your forum name Failedlegend)
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~

~ The Thieves Guild ~ Valentine 2011 <3 Most Romantic Guild

Considering your stated purpose I would think Failed Experiments would work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast