Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm premium, so only one roll per day. Did that every day and never saw a ix or x on any server. More than a bit bummed about that, but then again, not exactly a life-ending tragedy either.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    VIP's got 2 cards per day? I am VIP and I didn't get two cards per day.
    Did you roll 2x? All the vips I know got 2 cards per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

It was hard to notice as you only rolled once and the screen message only listed 1 card, but in General you could see both cards listed. Count your cards, you probably got 2 just like the rest of us

Greetz,
    Red Orm

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    It was hard to notice as you only rolled once and the screen message only listed 1 card, but in General you could see both cards listed. Count your cards, you probably got 2 just like the rest of us

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    This.

And as for IX or X. I only rolled on two servers, but I've gotten neither.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    @ OP, I am pretty sure you were not "incredibly unlucky". You were one of the big group of players that never saw a IX or X card even from the distance. Like me, like many others here.

The more I wonder when I hear from some people bragging about how many new permanent pots they have - they either got incredibly lucky, had a lot of farming accounts or were very good at trading up to those cards. Or there has been something more sinister going on.
    There was definitely something sinister going on. That being said, whoever was actually doing the sinister thing was not shy about spreading them around, so pretty much anybody who really wanted one was able to get one through trade, at least on Argo. Not everybody who has multiple rare cards actually did anything sinister themselves, other than turning a blind eye.

With cross server trading, on average i probably rolled 20 new cards per day. I did it every day, didn't miss any. I believe the event started on the 10th of March? Ran through the 6th. Just about 4 weeks.

I rolled one ten card, and no 9's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    This.

And as for IX or X. I only rolled on two servers, but I've gotten neither.
    I didn't roll any. Not complaining, got lots of mana pots. However, it's a strange thing to not let the majority of players get one of those rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Nope, the IX and X cards were just extremely rare. I rolled 4 VIP characters every single day and only got 1 X.

But if you seem to see a lot of trading going on for IX and X cards, that's because for some reason I can't understand, Turbine didn't put cheating very high on their list of things to fix. So players with no morals are getting rewarded in this game every day.
    Some people made a lot of accounts just for this event and from your post I read it where more then just a few that where doing that.
    And sinds multiboxing isn't against the rules I doubt this would classify as cheating as well.

1 vip account, 1 server and no IX or X rolled.
    Bought both cards, the IX for 100K and the X for 1mil.

Decided to turn in my XI for the flask of FoM and think it was worth the pp.
    (But I still feel cheated of feeling extra special as I did not roll them up myself .)

Very happy with the raid timer bypasses, xp pots, sp pots, skill tomes, etc etc etc.

Btw, the tornados don't seem to last all that long now do they?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    Rolled the die nearly every day got only one X card, no IX card.
    So, with VIP you got about 70ish cards, and you found one of the one-in-a-thousand kind of rare cards. Sounds the opposite of incredibly unlucky.

VIPs got 1 roll, which granted 2 cards. You only saw 1 display on the screen, but the chat box always showed the two you got.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I didn't roll any. Not complaining, got lots of mana pots. However, it's a strange thing to not let the majority of players get one of those rolls.
    Free things are free, so it's cool, yes. But it does seem somewhat odd to let almost noone get the 9 or 10. Well, except those who did Fight Club things, it seems.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

In another thread we posted card stats. Of course, that requires a search.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...llection-Stats

Here are the percentage chances that some players had on getting a IX or a X.

FAQ = 0.69%
    Frogger1234 = 0.51%
    MindCakes = 0.38%
    ComfortablyNumb = 0.37%
    Moomooprincess = 0.36%
    RedOrm = 0.13% (rough guess)
    elraido = 0.00%
    Seikojin = 0.00%
    Uska = 0.00%

These are roughly my percentages of getting cards.

Card I = 11.35%
    Card II = 12.33%
    Card III = 10.87%
    Card IV = 13.78%
    Card V = 12.14%
    Card VI = 14.88%
    Card VII = 13.11%
    Card VIII = 11.17%
    Card IX = 0.18%
    Card X = 0.18%

My Total for getting either the IX or X = 0.36%, 1 in 275 cards

My odds of getting a IX = 1 in 550 cards

My odds for getting a X = 1 in 550 cards

I had been posting since March 17 or so that I thought the odds were 1 in 500

001-996 = Card 1 thru Card VIII
    997-998 = Card IX
    999-1000 = Card X

All I did was roll the 20 sided die every day on every server. That was it. Logging in and out. Roll daily Silver roll, do the D20. Log off. Maybe check the AH.

Got bored. Did chores. Woke up the next day. Rinsed and repeated.

March 10 through April 6. Minus March 11 because it did not work then, that is 27 days.

If you were a VIP you received 7 on the first day, and two each day after on each server. That means you should have at least 59 cards on each server.

Premiums received 6 on the first day, and one each day. That is 32 cards on each and every server.

I even got up early yesterday morning before the server was shut down and was able to score a card X on Ghallanda.

If you had 22 accounts(if you all remember that thread), you would have earned 704 cards each on eight servers for a whopping 5,632 cards. You should have received TWENTY card IXs and Xs across all servers.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 04-08-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    So players with no morals are getting rewarded in this game every day.
    Meh, it's just a game. They're not getting rewarded with anything.

No 9s or 10s for me either. But it was fun rolling for them

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Every single day on two accounts one VIP and one premium and not a single 9 or 10 and yes I did all servers each day

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    There was, what, 45 days in the event? And the projected odds of getting IX or X, from a sample of probably n=200 or 300 compiled from various forum posts, was something on the order of 0.33%

So there's a better than 73% chance of not getting either IX or X through the course of the entire event - you're not unlucky
    And some got multiple of both on more than one server

Yes you did you had to look carefully to see the second card in chat but count your cards if you still have them remember to add in the cards you used or traded subtract the starting cards then you should 2x the number of days you rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    I'm premium, so only one roll per day. Did that every day and never saw a ix or x on any server. More than a bit bummed about that, but then again, not exactly a life-ending tragedy either.

Did you roll 2x? All the vips I know got 2 cards per day.
    VIPs only got one roll but got two cards per roll

The number of people rolling dice on numerous accounts just baffles me. Should these people be mad at Turbine or mad at themselves for a lot of deservedly wasted effort?

2 vip accounts, 4 f2p accounts rolled on every account every day on every server No card 9 or 10 here. But even in game I swear my digital dice are broken because I seem to roll between a 1 and a 8 just about on every attack and on the daily dice roll I always seem to roll a 1

You did, trust me.

I had two vip accounts and one f2p account that I rolled on every single day. I have just one X card. I have around 17 8's however.

Also, it was not on for 45 days. It started on the 10th, then went through the 6th. 28 days.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Nope, you aren't unlucky. Unfortunately the people who struck it lucky are the ones who gamed and abused the system creating many, many dead-end accounts and creating characters on all the servers that they will never play on ever again. The ones who struck it really, really lucky were the ones who did this and duplicated dozens of rare cards.

The rest of us can go suck the hind teet again.

Quote Originally Posted by dheuman View Post
    i'm vip (2 card per day). Rolled every day. No IX or X card for me.
    ^ This is true for me as well. ^

So I'd say if you got one, you're not incredibly unlucky.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast