Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Prism/Colours of the queen changes in U21 Patch 1

Has anyone that tried prism or colours since the patch went live noticed any changes to the procs ? As in is the radian forcefield/adrenaline stuff changed ?
    Suppose i'll find out myself tonight but a heads up would be welcome lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Has anyone that tried prism or colours since the patch went live noticed any changes to the procs ? As in is the radian forcefield/adrenaline stuff changed ?
    Suppose i'll find out myself tonight but a heads up would be welcome lol.
    Haven't seen any radiant forcefields.

Adrenaline is definitely still there. Had my examine window open on the giant boss in EE Break in the Ice. Adrenaline appeared on him. Walked up to him. Got hit. 1400 damage in the face. Good times.

Also seen a ham explosion, which was previously only subject to CotQ PL I think.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post

Also seen a ham explosion, which was previously only subject to CotQ PL I think.
    I saw that a few times prior to 21.1 - no CotQ PL here, just Prism and Double Rainbow.

Community Member

Adrenaline is definitely still there. Had my examine window open on the giant boss in EE Break in the Ice. Adrenaline appeared on him. Walked up to him. Got hit. 1400 damage in the face. Good times.

Thanks for the heads up, seems they still want to keep it interesting heh..........

Community Member

Devs,

Why is the negative effects on an epic PL feat? I can understand in Shirardi, but CotQ should be all posistive considering with 3x PL it still is 10 sec between procs. CotQ needs no balancing unlike Shirardi. Either remove them or add a different PL to this destiny that is worth it or a melee. It s stupid to be a melee and supercharge your foe and die. As a matter of fact it is stupid for a foe to get supercharged from one of your casters as well.

Community Member

Thanks for the heads up, seems they still want to keep it interesting heh..........
    It seems they do... I saw the dragon at the end of Haunted Halls get Tea with the Queen, but it got the "Your queen hates you" version. Low diplo? Maybe it was there before the recent patches, but I had never seen it.

Shame it didn't do the whole going away green animation thing!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by manianas View Post
    It seems they do... I saw the dragon at the end of Haunted Halls get Tea with the Queen, but it got the "Your queen hates you" version. Low diplo? Maybe it was there before the recent patches, but I had never seen it.

Well that could be funny if the enemy gets a critical success and double rainbows you back lol.

Sadly though if adrenaline is still on there i guess i'll keep colours off for anything serious. I guess it gets religated to fun stuff for random crazy adventures sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by manianas View Post

The "queen hates you" effect already existed before. I've never seen any mob get a beneficial queen effect, so I suppose they don't get to roll.
    Adrenaline is still there indeed, and hurts really bad.

Oh, and chances are CotQ is just the same effect as Double rainbow, except with a timer. The effects are probably shared.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Devs,

Why is the negative effects on an epic PL feat? I can understand in Shirardi, but CotQ should be all posistive considering with 3x PL it still is 10 sec between procs. CotQ needs no balancing unlike Shirardi. Either remove them or add a different PL to this destiny that is worth it or a melee. It s stupid to be a melee and supercharge your foe and die. As a matter of fact it is stupid for a foe to get supercharged from one of your casters as well.
    While I 100% agree with what you say, I just want to make clear that my observation regarding adrenaline was made on a shiradi proc. The toon I used has no CotQ PLs.

Can anyone confirm that CotQ still can produce the adrenaline effect?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

I've been one shot killed a few times in EE with numbers that looked like an adrenaline proc (prior to the patch). I'm leveling up the new destiny, but when I go back... I may spec out of double rainbow till this stupidity is gone.

While I 100% agree with what you say, I just want to make clear that my observation regarding adrenaline was made on a shiradi proc. The toon I used has no CotQ PLs.

Can anyone confirm that CotQ still can produce the adrenaline effect?
    Didnt notice it yet.

Devs,

To answer this you have to look at the lore and set the expectation as to why Colors and Shirardi both have a chance to misfire. What they tried to do was keep with the spirit of wild magic, which is fey magic, which is what you are playing with here. All wild magic has a chance to be helpful, hurtful (in PnP you can even die from it) and neutral (aka does nothing).

Doesn't matter how you came into having wild magic (ED or ETR) the catch is you bargained with a fey for a blessing and now deal with their magic rules or lack of rules.

As a long time PnP player when I saw Shirardi I shook my head, I knew exactly what was going to happen here...and when ham exploded or grease got over my feet, I grumbled and laughed and thought, well done with the lore Turbine!

Does Adrenaline go a bit too far, well 1400 points of damage to the face says so...if anything it gives archers more of an incentive to kite and hit from a distance and really messes with the melees but it goes with the lore.

Personally I'm all for Colors and Shirardi to have a misfire chance...to do something silly like cast slow on me (like 3 seconds or so) or heal the bad guy for like 20 points or change my toon's hair color (annoying but you'll live)...but there has to be a balance as to how much is just good fey fun and how much is player kill. I think Turbine is still working on figuring out that balance.

I also firmly believe that the tricks and little magics of the fey should not affect raid bosses or red names in general...they should be above such things.

(and now the shouting and freaking out and name calling and...whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by MadCookieQueen View Post
    As a long time PnP player...
    Once you use this to justify anything in DDO, you've already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Well, I guess we won't be seeing you on the forums anymore then.

Oh wait...let me guess...because this isn't D&D...funny thing about that:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We like being D&D.

So yeah...I can use the PnP as a baseline for my arguments, I can discuss how things in DDO mash up to the lores and rules and why things are the way they are. It doesn't invalidate my argument, it only gives another side as why somethings are like this because...like it or not...DDO is D&D*

One last time:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We like being D&D.
    *in many many respects, sure for computer online play they had to adjust a few things to make the D&D mechanics work for an MMO and some of it they had to drop (like Bardic Knowledge for instance...awesome for roleplay not so much for MMO combat)..so yes I'm aware of the changes between the systems and that not everything can work...but DDO is built on D&D 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by SardaofChaos View Post
    Well, I guess we won't be seeing you on the forums anymore then.
    Eludicate.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCookieQueen View Post
    Oh wait...let me guess...because this isn't D&D...funny thing about that:

So yeah...I can use the PnP as a baseline for my arguments, I can discuss how things in DDO mash up to the lores and rules and why things are the way they are. It doesn't invalidate my argument, it only gives another side as why somethings are like this because...like it or not...DDO is D&D*

One last time:

*in many many respects, sure for computer online play they had to adjust a few things to make the D&D mechanics work for an MMO and some of it they had to drop (like Bardic Knowledge for instance...awesome for roleplay not so much for MMO combat)..so yes I'm aware of the changes between the systems and that not everything can work...but DDO is built on D&D 3.5
    Varg can post that same thing every day. Doesn't change the fact that maybe at one point DDO was really close to PnP D&D, but those days are long past. This is Generic Random MMO #6643 with a D&D mask on.

Besides I could say I like being the best looking person who posts on this forum. Saying something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you clap your hands and want to believe.

Besides I could say I like being the best looking person who posts on this forum. Saying something doesn't make it true, no matter how hard you clap your hands and want to believe.
    All you mammals look alike anyway so what would be the point?

Has anyone that tried prism or colours since the patch went live noticed any changes to the procs? As in is the radian forcefield/adrenaline stuff changed?
    Adrenaline is definitely still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Devs . . . this is ********. Remove it.
    /thread

Devs,

Welcome to what the experience of D&D was always like.

I don't think there is a problem here.

If you are going to have random effects from magic, then why on earth would they always be positive?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Welcome to what the experience of D&D was always like.

I don't think there is a problem here.

If you are going to have random effects from magic, then why on earth would they always be positive?
    Because a lot of people don't find randomly getting one shot or buffing the mobs all that fun and the ED past life will just not be used/shiradis have to turn of one their signature abilities.

They don't need to be all positive, they should just not be negative. Throw in all kinds of fun but completely pointless stuff with the positives. Seems pointless silly things is something that fey would enjoy anyways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast