Default Adjust the Audio

There are a few threads about why people are/are not running the new stuff and I tell ya, that damn DM audio makes me want to shove rusty nails in my ears.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    There are a few threads about why people are/are not running the new stuff and I tell ya, that damn DM audio makes me want to shove rusty nails in my ears.
    i know, sad when no one noticed while testing. noway someone with sound on 0.01 could NOT have noticed

I ran into a problem running the new stuff as well.
    Some of the DM audio completely ignores my audio settings and comes on with maximum volume, obliterating every other sound.

I have noticed this in the new Haunted Halls module only so far.

I have looked into settings but have had no luck, I'm guessing this is just a bug. Now that I see a post on it, (And I assume this is what the OP is talking about?), I know it's not just me.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I had to disable DM audio, which sucks because it kills immersion. Please adjust this.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Audio levels have been horrible since I've been playing. That they are worse in the new content is sad to hear. I have voice and master volume somwhere near 0.75, and most other sliders near or at 0.01, and the DM audio and environmental sounds and combat sounds are all still near to the same volume as the voices of other players. It is such a long standing issue that it is truly truly sad Turbine has not corrected it. They certainly know about it without a doubt.
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Community Member

/Signed.

It makes me sad, I have to mute a great dungeonmaster because turbine can't make the volume work correctly.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Ive had to disable DM audio also.

All my settings except in game chat are 0.01 as I have never been able to get a sound balance
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I had to disable DM audio, which sucks because it kills immersion. Please adjust this.
    Trolls without nipples kill immersion, please fix it.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

I finally said screw it and set master volume to 0.
    It did not seem to matter that I had volume at .01 it was still periodically screaming out sound like it was at max volume.
    Meanwhile party chat volume is not adjustable so you are screwed if you cant hear quiet party members, while your ears are almost bleeding from the DM audio blast even though it is set to the lowest audio point on the bar.

Really disappointing that something a simple as game audio cant be set to run at 50% as the expected median volume level so you can tweak up or down to get comfortable audio from all aspects of the game.
    Forcing people to put audio down to .01 as the threshold to still be able to hear things in the game but still be too loud or turn it off completely and not hear anything at all is terrible.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I finally said screw it and set master volume to 0.
    It did not seem to matter that I had volume at .01 it was still periodically screaming out sound like it was at max volume.
    Meanwhile party chat volume is not adjustable so you are screwed if you cant hear quiet party members, while your ears are almost bleeding from the DM audio blast even though it is set to the lowest audio point on the bar.

Really disappointing that something a simple as game audio cant be set to run at 50% as the expected median volume level so you can tweak up or down to get comfortable audio from all aspects of the game.
    Forcing people to put audio down to .01 as the threshold to still be able to hear things in the game but still be too loud or turn it off completely and not hear anything at all is terrible.
    Chat volume IS adjustable, it's just not adjustable ENOUGH. (slider is set apart from the others.)

But yeah, no matter what your audio setup, the DM text in new content is deafening.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

This happened to me in my first run of the Thunder Peak raid yesterday. DM volume is set very low but when the raid began the DM volume was extremely loud, much louder than party chat. I couldn't hear voicechat over it at all. It definitely ignored my audio settings. Not the biggest bug in the world but a fix would be nice.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Trolls without nipples kill immersion, please fix it.
    I didn't know you swang that way . . . I won't judge you.

The DM audio is sound much louder that all the other sounds. When you have all the other sounds at a reasonable level, the DM comes in loud enough to PERMANTLY DAMAGE YOUR HEARING. This is a serious health issue and it needs to be corrected pronto.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    The DM audio is sound much louder that all the other sounds. When you have all the other sounds at a reasonable level, the DM comes in loud enough to PERMANTLY DAMAGE YOUR HEARING. This is a serious health issue and it needs to be corrected pronto.
    I have been to many heavy metal concerts in my life where I was exposed to sounds much louder than this for many hours and my hearing is just fine.

Not that it shouldn't be fixed but I wouldn't call it a "serious health issue".
    Last edited by axel15810; 04-10-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    i have been to many heavy metal concerts in my life where i was exposed to sounds much louder than this for many hours and my hearing is just fine.

Not that it shouldn't be fixed but i wouldn't call it a "serious health issue".
    what?!! I can"t hear you over the dm! Whatdo you mean, "door beer is bleeding!?"

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Therrias View Post
    Chat volume IS adjustable, it's just not adjustable ENOUGH. (slider is set apart from the others.)
    This is correct. It starts at not-nearly-loud-enough and can be adjusted to be quieter if desired.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Uber Completionist

If they are to fix audio stuff... why not chat at the same time... cuz for once I have to say, the in game voice is great in this game, except its volume settings in comparison to the rest
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I have been to many heavy metal concerts in my life where I was exposed to sounds much louder than this for many hours and my hearing is just fine.

Not that it shouldn't be fixed but I wouldn't call it a "serious health issue".
    Anecdote

VS

Science

http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/edu...-hearing-loss/
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

i would really think there has got to be one dev that plays the fricken game with audio on and understands how it works.... .. . . . . ......