Community Member

Default Celestial Bombardment ???

Epic moment spell with 3d6 damage per level for 300 sp and with 3 mins cool down? This is wai, or attempt for something as DDO quinness record?

Don’t know Celestial Bombardment’s cost and cool down with more rank, but 300 sp and 3 mins cool down are triple values then they was on Lamania.

Also this is only one divine destiny spell like ability, which isn't wisdom/charisma based, but only wisdom based. Why?

Seem s this was OP even before going life... Usually nerfs only come long after going life. Is this a direct result of the QA Manager becomming producer?

Tier 3 is not good either. The SP cost is WAAAY too high, specially when you see the damage. The cost should be lowered to 20 SP if you want to keep this damage or the damage should be upped to 8d6 per character level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xario View Post
    Also this is only one divine destiny spell like ability, which isn't wisdom/charisma based, but only wisdom based. Why?
    Because DivCrus Sorcs don't need another nuke?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

My main is a battle cleric, been playing them almost exclusively for years and I don't understand Celestial Bombardment or this tree. I'm sorry but a WIS based capstone is stupid. I don't understand it...any battle cleric/soul that's worth anything is going to be STR based, not WIS based. WIS based battle clerics may as well be casters since their melee damage will be completely terrible. I understand that giving another STR based capstone could end up being more useful for real melees....easy fix is to require divine levels for it.

I'm going to of course test out this tree before giving my final verdict and I could be completely wrong but right now for me it falls into that territory of not being especially good at anything. If you want to be a caster divine, you'll go for Angel. If you want to be a melee divine, you'll go for Dreadnaught tree. If you want to be a healbot divine, you'll go for Sentinel. I'm just not seeing a role for Crusader. Atleast I'll have an OK destiny to level in now should I ever go for divine past lives.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xario View Post
    Epic moment spell with 3d6 damage per level for 300 sp and with 3 mins cool down? This is wai, or attempt for something as DDO quinness record?

Don’t know Celestial Bombardment’s cost and cool down with more rank, but 300 sp and 3 mins cool down are triple values then they was on Lamania.

Tier 2 is 200 sp/2 minutes, tier 3 is 100 sp/1 minute. Damage is about 400 x 3 for maybe 1200/mob, barring resists (more with higher spell power, I only had like 250 for fire). Knockdown hits a lot of stuff if you have good Wisdom, but it lasts for all of 3 seconds.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Because DivCrus Sorcs don't need another nuke?
    But charisma specced FvS will use another nuke and Bard caster too. There aren't only sorceror which have good charisma.

It says there is a reflex save to avoid knockdown, it doesn't say anything about reflex save to avoid damage, so if that is correct, it wont matter if you are str based cha based or wis based.

Celestial Bombardment : Active Ability: Divine wrath falls from the heavens to smite your foes. This spell calls down three stars at your target, dealing a total of 3d6 fire damage per character level. This damage is affected by fire spell power and may critically hit. In addition, enemies must succeed at three consecutive Reflex saving throws versus a DC of 20+Wisdom mod+Evocation spell DC modifier or be knocked prone.