Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarva WAI?

Default Sarva WAI?

So I wandered into Thunderholme the other day...... Finally figured out how to find my way around and found/crafted some equipment to deal with those damn dwarf skeletons. I really liked the mirrors and stuff and the dungeon "layers". I worked my way down past the forges and found Miss Sarva. My hireling and I just kind of wandered in completely unprepared so when we got smoked, I wasn't too concerned. it was the end of the day for me, I recalled and made plans for the next night.

The next night, I went back with a plan (albeit not much of one), got smoked again, but managed to kite her over to the steps and shrine. The hireling and I then died an untold number of times and I ended up naked with most of my equipment broken. Miss Sarva was at about 20% health. She appears to be able to cast her dragon breaths (lightning, cold, acid that I know of) for 500-750HP/cast. There is no saving throw, and being a melee, it's kind of hard to dodge..... Since I was not longer making a dent, I recalled out to do more research. I was carrying around 900HP myself and basically got one-shotted.

So, perhaps someone can enlighten me as to whether Miss Sarva is WAI. The Dragon Breath Weapon seems to have no cool-down, no saving throw, and she seems to have unlimited SP and a crapload of HP. I don't pretend to be elite, but I have managed to get to Level 28 working solo with a hireling. This is the first non-raid boss that appears to be straight from EE content.

Bottom line: Is Miss Sarva working as intended? If so, I may have to rethink my thoughts of flagging for that raid...... Like begging someone to carry me along on their next crawl through Thunderholme.....

I soloed her with a cha based bard, so it can be done.

First off, some sort of spell absorption item will give you a buffer from getting nailed. I jumped over her head and attacked from behind, and when she turned around, jump back over and do it again. She nailed me a couple times, but the jeweled cloak absorbed the damage.

It also helps to have damage boost and maybe a blitz going to get her down as fast as possible. She really doesn't have that much hp, so hit her hard and fast to minimize your exposure. You can run around the outside edge of the big room she's in to clear the trash and build up your blitz. It's probably a good idea to get rid of the trash anyway so it doesn't become a problem while you're attacking Sarva.

At any rate, it's not impossible, keep trying.

I think she is wai, she is tough to solo on a melee that is for sure. But spell absorb items are your friend but they won't last long. Luckily she does have a pattern. Just watch her. She likes to throw black dragon bolt, then breathe, then fear, then breathe, but if she uses ice breath she often follows it up with fire breath. So I use the torches of blue fire near the archway as a shield and wait for one breath to start (after about half a second of the sound effect it has no effect though the graphic continues) go out and melee her till she casts one of the spells then gtfo of there and back behind a torch.

Hope this helps, the is my personal strategy, good luck. If you're on Orien, contact me on Veriden and I'll be happy to help you flag for both raids at no charge.

She is definitely WAI. The big thing to remember here is this is a level 30 raid wilderness area. In a part of 12, she's a cakewalk....solo? Not so much...
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I don't recall seeing anything from devs about whether she's WAI, but general consensus on the forums seems to be that it is, though frustrating at close range. I also soloed her with a melee. My solution? Pull out a bow and kite her around, staying at far enough distance to dodge her lightning bolt (which was the only thing with large enough a range to hit me if I let it). Did it take awhile? Most certainly. It took me at least an entire stack of Deneith sturdy arrows. But it's still better than the infinite corpse-running.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

The way to beat her is a total cheesefest.
    Either kite her around with a bow on a FOTM build or just use a spell absorption item.
    The first time I faced her on my Defender she killed me easily despite my 1350 HPs.
    The second time I used my jeweled cloak and she barely touched me.
    Although by now someone has found a ledge to stand on and snipe her from I'm sure.
    Excuse me while I commit imaginary genocide. I'm preparing myself for further real world imperialism and colonialism by practicing wiping out everything that moves on orion.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    Although by now someone has found a ledge to stand on and snipe her from I'm sure.
    Its a huge ledge to the right of the shrine when looking at it, drag her to the archway and you can kill her with a shadow star, dodge the black dragon bolt or get healed through the ticks.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    The way to beat her is a total cheesefest.
    Either kite her around with a bow on a FOTM build or just use a spell absorption item.
    The first time I faced her on my Defender she killed me easily despite my 1350 HPs.
    The second time I used my jeweled cloak and she barely touched me.
    So, DDO kiting simulator? Kiting is way OP. Reduce the backpedaling speed and bring back the fun to the game.

There are two buildings off to the left when coming down the steps. While standing on top of the smaller of the two buildings...you can gain some protection from her breath. It's not fool proof...she can still get you from there, but you at least have a fighting chance. Get yourself a good thrower (there just happens to be a named one that drops in Thunderholme) and beat her down.

Now some people might call this an exploit, but I think not. She can still get you with her breath in that area....she just misses alot. She got me once when I was up there and she also got my guildy who told me about that spot. He thought she couldn't touch him up there, so he was shocked when he died.

Use the terrain to your advantage. Turbine put it there for a reason.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

This is not entirely working as intended. Sarva's breath attack should have a Reflex save, but currently does not. This should hopefully be fixed in the next game update.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

RIP Sarva.

/evasioned

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I soloed her with a cha based bard, so it can be done.

This should be an actual certification test. Can it be beaten with a cha based bard? Yes? No adjustment needed.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I never noticed you couldn't evade her breath. I just stayed away from her. I guess you really do learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is not entirely working as intended. Sarva's breath attack should have a Reflex save, but currently does not. This should hopefully be fixed in the next game update.
    Well, I gotta be honest...that is a TERRIBLE decision. We have something that proves to be challenging, that you have to think about what you're doing, and now, with everyone having super high reflex thanks to monk levels and well, just being easy to get...Sarva will be just be roflstomped like everything else....
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

This should be an actual certification test. Can it be beaten with a cha based bard? Yes? No adjustment needed.
    No love for my wisdom based bard?

Well.. better late than never, I guess.

It would have been nice to know this when it came out. Thanks for letting us know.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I was thinking this might be the answer, it would make since with the Dragon Breath from a dragon being a reflex save, DI's dragon breath having a reflex save.

Hope to see this fixed soon as I'm sure all the evasion builds are as well.

She can be soloed by anyone with a few points in jump and a Cormyrian throwing weapon. It may take awhile but if you are not lactose intolerant and can digest large amounts of cheese it pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Well, I gotta be honest...that is a TERRIBLE decision. We have something that proves to be challenging, that you have to think about what you're doing, and now, with everyone having super high reflex thanks to monk levels and well, just being easy to get...Sarva will be just be roflstomped like everything else....
    You call it challenging but others call it frustrating.

So instead of two ways to beat her, there will be three:
    • Kill her before she depletes your "Spell Absorb" item
    • Kite her/Sit on a perch (i.e. Range her to death)
    • Reflex save!

Doesn't seem so horrible when you actually look at it this way. At least for me or the others who like choice. Granted, I will kite her (unless they fix that mechanic).

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    You call it challenging but others call it frustrating.

So instead of two ways to beat her, there will be three:
    • Kill her before she depletes your "Spell Absorb" item
    • Kite her/Sit on a perch (i.e. Range her to death)
    • Reflex save!

Doesn't seem so horrible when you actually look at it this way. At least for me or the others who like choice. Granted, I will kite her (unless they fix that mechanic).
    as someone pointed out earlier its a 12 man raid area and she is the flagging quest. i expect her to kill you if not hurt her. of course there are probably things you can do to mitigate some of the damage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast