Thread: 11+1+1=13

Default 11+1+1=13

C'mon turbine, you gave me a dice, a crusher and the opportunity to get 11 different cards (12 if PC/ML) then give me a bag for the whole lot only capable of holding 12, all good no problem, but then you tell me i have to fit all 13 items into a bag that only holds 12 in order to bank them, OR waste a slot on a toon for the dice storage OR even better throw it away knowing you'll probably tell me i need it again 5mins after i do. Was it really so hard to make the bag 15 slots so we could actually hold EVERYTHING to do with the event.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

You are not supposed to get both card IX and card X and hold them in your bag, so it is 8 + 1 + 1 = 10 (for the normal folks), +1 for card XI (if you are one of the lucky few or exploiting ^^) and +1 (Card XII) for the Mournlanders.

I was just about to post the same thing. I have no problem with this change per se, but it means I am forced to consume an inventory slot. Or I could destroy or crunch cards, but for now I'm holding them because I haven't decided what to make yet. Turbine, please increase the capacity of the bag to 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    You are not supposed to get both card IX and card X and hold them in your bag, so it is 8 + 1 + 1 = 10 (for the normal folks), +1 for card XI (if you are one of the lucky few or exploiting ^^) and +1 (Card XII) for the Mournlanders.
    Why am i not supposed to hold card 9 and 10 in my bag, they make stuff aside from card 11 don't they?? thats ridiculous to even suggest lol and i have kept an 11 card for future toons images as they aren't account wide.
    The Arms Of Orien
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    Why am i not supposed to hold card 9 and 10 in my bag, they make stuff aside from card 11 don't they?? thats ridiculous to even suggest lol and i have kept an 11 card for future toons images as they aren't account wide.
    If you find some fine irony in my post you may keep it and put it into the gigantuan ingredience bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    If you find some fine irony in my post you may keep it and put it into the gigantuan ingredience bag.
    Not irony, just another troll under the bridge, who can't let anyone pose a serious question without ridicule, oh and how dare you suggest i have cheated because i have a card 9 and 10 just because your luck sux or did you cheat to get one, hence you figure everyone else did as well????
    The Arms Of Orien

Not irony, just another troll under the bridge, who can't let anyone pose a serious question without ridicule, oh and how dare you suggest i have cheated because i have a card 9 and 10 just because your luck sux or did you cheat to get one, hence you figure everyone else did as well????
    I never said you are exploiting, actually. I wish you that same good luck you have with your cards for the national lottery. If you want to share your winnings, just pm me.

Else in the news, I made fun with my 1st post, yes. Because if you think about this too hard, you will want to weep instead. Turbine does not even has a basic understanding of the most basic mathematics. 8 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 12. (Turbine calculations) - or they simpy copied the tiny bag template and never checked back. Either way, fail Turbine. So in order not to outright cry on Turbine, I prefer the sarcastic approach. But again, this is me and you are you.

Community Member

Why would you hold all 10 cards at once? You have your list of priorities...if you have all 10 cards, then you can crunch SOMETHING right now to get what you want, cant you?

Pretty much soon as you get an IX or X you could have crunched it. Even if you wanted to make an XI (Lord knows why), as soon as you did, odds are you'd have the I-V you need to make whichever Flask you want. Really, all you need is I-VIII (the "common" ones), one slot for a XI or X (assuming you're trying to pair them up for an XI), and then two slots for the dice and cruncher. Plus one more for Mournlanders so they don't get shafted by their special card.

And if you're just a speculator who wanted to hold your IX or X for future trade - well, inventory space is the price you pay for playing DDO like a commodities market
    Last edited by droid327; 04-08-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Why do any of these have to be in a bag at all to be stored.

Cards/Cruncher/dice were movable between the bank and shared bank without any restrictions before this patch update.

I am not a fan of all my eggs in one basket, I have had bags of ingredients get deleted due to game bugs and never got them back..
    -such as the exclusive ingredient bags if you already had one in your inventory deleted the one coming in from the share bank. GM&bug reported 4 years ago and this still has not been fixed or returned.

So we are now reduced to mailing them to ourselves and hope the mail system doesn't lose them.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Why would you hold all 10 cards at once? You have your list of priorities...if you have all 10 cards, then you can crunch SOMETHING right now to get what you want, cant you?
    And if you're just a speculator who wanted to hold your IX or X for future trade - well, inventory space is the price you pay for playing DDO like a commodities market
    Could also happen if you're, you know, level 5 or so and couldn't use any of the tomes for a while yet... and possibly also having only 3 inventory tabs.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

Pretty much soon as you get an IX or X you could have crunched it. Even if you wanted to make an XI (Lord knows why), as soon as you did, odds are you'd have the I-V you need to make whichever Flask you want. Really, all you need is I-VIII (the "common" ones), one slot for a XI or X (assuming you're trying to pair them up for an XI), and then two slots for the dice and cruncher. Plus one more for Mournlanders so they don't get shafted by their special card.

By this logic, why does the bag need to hold more than 2 items - the cruncher and the die? After all, "you have your list of priorities..." You should just crunch something every time you have 2 dissimilar cards, right?

How about the person (like me) who was wanting to get the entire collector's set? Yes, there is the image gallery, but *I* didn't even know that existed until after Monday's update. (For the record, I did not get a single IX or X card. *Slightly* disappointed about that, but still had fun trying.)

Regardless of your faulty logic, the fact remains that they there is a possible 14 items from this event and a bag that only holds 12.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Why do any of these have to be in a bag at all to be stored....

Anti-sploit.

Closing the gate after the cows are out, but otherwise, Nuff said.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    By this logic, why does the bag need to hold more than 2 items - the cruncher and the die? After all, "you have your list of priorities..." You should just crunch something every time you have 2 dissimilar cards, right?

How about the person (like me) who was wanting to get the entire collector's set? Yes, there is the image gallery, but *I* didn't even know that existed until after Monday's update. (For the record, I did not get a single IX or X card. *Slightly* disappointed about that, but still had fun trying.)

Regardless of your faulty logic, the fact remains that they there is a possible 14 items from this event and a bag that only holds 12.
    Don't accuse someone of faulty logic if your logic is itself faulty

If you were targeting any one possible combination of cards, you'd need at most 9 unique storage slots before that combination has to occur. If you have all 10 unique cards, then you would always have that pair of cards you want and they'd be "ready" for crunching, and therefore would negate the need for that tenth inventory spot.

In other words, Cards IX+X (the pair) and XI should be "transitory" cards that don't require storage, pretty much used as soon as acquired.

As for people who collect ephemeral digital items...well, buy some bank space and roll some more mules, if that's how you enjoy playing the game

Don't accuse someone of faulty logic if your logic is itself faulty

If you were targeting any one possible combination of cards, you'd need at most 9 unique storage slots before that combination has to occur. If you have all 10 unique cards, then you would always have that pair of cards you want and they'd be "ready" for crunching, and therefore would negate the need for that tenth inventory spot.

In other words, Cards IX+X (the pair) and XI should be "transitory" cards that don't require storage, pretty much used as soon as acquired.

As for people who collect ephemeral digital items...well, buy some bank space and roll some more mules, if that's how you enjoy playing the game
    Nope ... faulty logic is making storage container with 12 slots if u have 14 kinds available. Who would be hurt, if its capacity was increased to 20? 50? 1 million? U cant store anything else into bag anyway... U would have bunch of happy people who can store all available items in WAI way into bag.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

C'mon turbine, you gave me a dice, a crusher and the opportunity to get 11 different cards (12 if PC/ML) then give me a bag for the whole lot only capable of holding 12, all good no problem, but then you tell me i have to fit all 13 items into a bag that only holds 12 in order to bank them, OR waste a slot on a toon for the dice storage OR even better throw it away knowing you'll probably tell me i need it again 5mins after i do. Was it really so hard to make the bag 15 slots so we could actually hold EVERYTHING to do with the event.
    Juts for the record, 12 is ONLY for mournlands, PC did not get one. We didn't spend years working with devs on Mournalands, that is something special just for them. (The only PC people who got one were former ML'ers)
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Juts for the record, 12 is ONLY for mournlands, PC did not get one. We didn't spend years working with devs on Mournalands, that is something special just for them. (The only PC people who got one were former ML'ers)
    Sure, but even non-mournlanders CAN have 11 cards + D20 + Cruncher = 13 items. So yea, oopsie.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Sure, but even non-mournlanders CAN have 11 cards + D20 + Cruncher = 13 items. So yea, oopsie.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    I wasn't questioning your math, just being plain about the PC just being an opinion group, we don't get goodies other than forum title I don't use. LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Not to mess with the math and the what-not on the OP.

Just to point out that this limiting factor on an item coded from scratch just sounds plain dumb.
    Even though it made sense on the first edition of the event, they should think about the game as a SOFTWARE!

Why limit the update possibility of something like that?
    Why not put this bag able to hold up to 1000+ cards and then decide if you're gonna add more cards in a possible future edition of this event?

I understand the hard coding of a limit for the inventory tabs (creating the bug where you couldn't upgrade 2nd coin lord favor if you already had purchased the 2nd store upgrade) when it should be motivated by the physical space on the UI in the past (still not smart, but understandable)

Now, the limit in this bag is a joke.
    What else would you put in there??

UNLESSSSSSSSSSSSS

"New in the DDO Store
    Medium, Large, Huge, Gargantuan and Collosal Card bags!"
    That would make a lot of sense, knowing you guys.
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    Who would be hurt, if its capacity was increased to 20? 50? 1 million?
    The database. Every slot is an entry, even empty ones.

People complain about performance issues but then demand features that put huge loads on the DB...

Community Member

The database. Every slot is an entry, even empty ones.

People complain about performance issues but then demand features that put huge loads on the DB...
    Then take a look at the Tapestry bag. It only stores one type of item, but it has room for 20.

As for the card bag, they clearly repurposed the template of an existing bag, such as Tiny Ingredients or Small Collectibles.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester