I know flavorflav(sorry, don't remember the forum name) has already mentioned it and done it, but I thought it needed a Shout to the World.
1. I downloaded game and logged in.
2. While logged in I deleted AKAMAI from Task Manager, no problem.
3. I then logged out of game.
4. Did Control Panel and removed program.
5. I then ran MSCONFIG, clicked off AKAMAI in startup. Rebooted. It did NOT reload itself.
6. I started up DDO again, no sighting of AKAMAI.
Now, I just need to scrub my registry and delete it from my hard drive. I am assuming I probably still have some Akamai Directory somewhere.